does morrissey have a set group of backing band or different people

does he use the same backing band for each show or does he use different backing bands ?

Morrissey is very loyal to his backing band and they have largely been the same for many years now apart from the odd change.

Morrissey is very loyal to his backing band and they have largely been the same for many years now apart from the odd change.

With the teensy weensy exception that the next dates in the USA appear to have only Boz left from Morrissey's most "regular" band line up. The continuity started to slip when Alain left in 2004.

I miss the classic Moz, Boz, Alain, Spencer and Gary line up.

TT

I miss the classic Moz, Boz, Alain, Spencer and Gary line up.

some of those early gigs were shockingly bad ...
they didnt really have the feel for morrissey's
music (in my opinion) until they start doing their
own stuff ... the early versions of everyday is
like sunday and suedehead trampled the tunes
like a herd of greased-back elephants ...

I'm not sure who all the band members were in 1995 but I really liked his sound then. The Boxers tour is my favourite. Watch the Introducing Morrissey videos on YouTube - wonderful performances!

Gary Day was not part of Morrissey's line-up in 1995, so I'm not sure who was playing bass for him at this point. But other than that I'm pretty sure it was Boz, Alain and Spencer.

some of those early gigs were shockingly bad ...
they didnt really have the feel for morrissey's
music (in my opinion) until they start doing their
own stuff ... the early versions of everyday is
like sunday and suedehead trampled the tunes
like a herd of greased-back elephants ...

I actually liked all that noisy chaos! The Kill Uncle Tour was amazing.

TT

If you put aside nostalgia it's quite clear the best backing band Morrissey has ever had was on the ROTT tour.

If you put aside nostalgia it's quite clear the best backing band Morrissey has ever had was on the ROTT tour.
in the sense that they had musicians capable of playing
multiple instruments and really filling out the sounds ...

... my favourite tour was the 2002 one ...
mainly because M was trying so hard ...

Back
Top Bottom