Does anyone know where Morrissey gets his band members?

he generally finds cheapish musicians prepared to wear uniforms, go veggie, and sign Non Disclosure Agreements. I get the feeling some ex-members were 'let go' because they wanted too much money or held their views too strongly about certain things. Make no mistake - Moz is The Boss here, and dissent is almost definitely not tolerated in the slightest.

Morrissey met Boz through Cathal "Chas" Smyth (Madness), then Boz introduced Alain, Gary and Spencer to Morrissey.

Current band members (Matt, Jesse, Mikey and Christopher) seems to gather through Merck's connections.

Elimination tournament.

Rounds are said to include interpretive dance, a ladder match and chuck the egg.

Morrissey met Boz through Cathal "Chas" Smyth (Madness), then Boz introduced Alain, Gary and Spencer to Morrissey.

Current band members (Matt, Jesse, Mikey and Christopher) seems to gather through Merck's connections.

I can't speak for the Walkers or Pooley, but that's incorrect for both Jesse or Mikey. They were both friends of Deano Butterworth, most likely from the sessions scene in LA.

Boz knew Alain since they were teens, but I'm almost positive that Alain introduced himself to Morrissey at the Camden Workers Social Club. They ended up on the same session (for Pregnant for the Last Time, Skin Storm, The Loop) at the same time, but, again, I'm fairly certain from one of Alain's interviews that he introduced himself. He was playing with Gary and Spencer in Born Bad at the time, so Alain introduced the other two to Morrissey. Boz joined the Kill Uncle tour only because Mark Nevin couldn't commit (though he got Mick Ronson in contact with Morrissey).

Cheers,
Jamie

I loved Gary and Alain.

I love Jesse.I reckon Moz fancies Jesse.I don't know why.Must have been a dream I had or :confused:something.

I reckon Moz fancies Jesse

Everyone seems to think that :confused:

But then, people seem to think Moz fancies all his musicians, as if it's the deciding factor in their employment. Boz, Alain, Gary, Spencer, Jesse, Solomon, Johnny etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom