Does anyone else do really eggy farts?

bellwood

Banned
sometimes, I think especially before I need to go for a poo, I do farts that smell like bad scrambled eggs, the smell seems to linger around for at least 5-10 minutes, even if i have walked out of a room the smell still lingers on.

Is it just me or does anyone else have this issue?

i used to but i figured out it was an intolerance to gluten and dairy. now i avoid both, and use enzyme supplements. no more problems. if you experience discomfort beyond just smelly farts, try eliminating certain foods a week at a time to figure out what is causing it.

ha ha

I used to too but then I stopped eating meat. Ocassionally one pops out. I used to be able to fart on will when I was a kid much to the amusement of my schoolmates.

However after a prticularly heavy weekend on the Persians my shit smells disgusting. And then some.

i used to but i figured out it was an intolerance to gluten and dairy. now i avoid both, and use enzyme supplements.

my god! you sound like a farting professional!

I never specifically thought about introducing various supplements to my diet to stop the lingering smells of my bottom.

i used to but i figured out it was an intolerance to gluten and dairy. now i avoid both, and use enzyme supplements. no more problems. if you experience discomfort beyond just smelly farts, try eliminating certain foods a week at a time to figure out what is causing it.

This is a troll thread of course, but I'd just like to say at random for no reason that I have several relatives with gluten sensitivities. So, we can be like a Moz-Solo celiac support group, or something. :p Or I just couldn't think of something to say beyond the fact I just am very familiar with gluten allergies. One of my relatives has to avoid both gluten and dairy also, so I know how difficult it can be.

This is a troll thread of course, but I'd just like to say at random for no reason that I have several relatives with gluten sensitivities. So, we can be like a Moz-Solo celiac support group, or something. :p Or I just couldn't think of something to say beyond the fact I just am very familiar with gluten allergies. One of my relatives has to avoid both gluten and dairy also, so I know how difficult it can be.

yeah i know this was a troll thread...but i like it when trolls post something thinking it was totally troll-like, when really it may make a very interesting discussion.

Yeah, my gluten intolerance isn't that hard-core. I still eat food with gluten, I just avoid it when i have a choice.

yeah i know this was a troll thread...but i like it when trolls post something thinking it was totally troll-like, when really it may make a very interesting discussion.

That is a great strategy. :D

Yeah, my gluten intolerance isn't that hard-core. I still eat food with gluten, I just avoid it when i have a choice.

I think you won't develop any worse of an allergy as long as you don't eat too much gluten (like you are now, which is good) and try to keep a balanced, nutritional diet with minimal amounts of processed food (which everyone should do anyway!). But I've known some people who start off with a mild sensitivity who don't cut back on the stuff enough and it gets a lot worse. Because there is a lot of cross-contamination and gluten is fond in a lot of foods people wouldn't normally suspect, you're probably ingesting more gluten than you think. So just bear in mind that while you are already avoiding gluten when you have a choice, you're still getting a lot of exposure to it that can be damaging. But the good news is there is a lot more awareness now and accomodations for it are getting much better. So in a few years it will probably be easy to just walk into a fast food place and ask for "a gluten-free meal" and not need to explain much of anything.

That is a great strategy. :D

I think you won't develop any worse of an allergy as long as you don't eat too much gluten (like you are now, which is good) and try to keep a balanced, nutritional diet with minimal amounts of processed food (which everyone should do anyway!). But I've known some people who start off with a mild sensitivity who don't cut back on the stuff enough and it gets a lot worse. Because there is a lot of cross-contamination and gluten is fond in a lot of foods people wouldn't normally suspect, you're probably ingesting more gluten than you think. So just bear in mind that while you are already avoiding gluten when you have a choice, you're still getting a lot of exposure to it that can be damaging. But the good news is there is a lot more awareness now and accomodations for it are getting much better. So in a few years it will probably be easy to just walk into a fast food place and ask for "a gluten-free meal" and not need to explain much of anything.

i live in new york city...everything here is labeled for people on whatever diet...healthy restaurants...tons of health stores. I eat very healthy and actually read tons on nutrition. But you're right, most people do not know.

i live in new york city...everything here is labeled for people on whatever diet...healthy restaurants...tons of health stores. I eat very healthy and actually read tons on nutrition. But you're right, most people do not know.

I am very happy to hear how knowledgeable you are on food allergies and nutrition. :) It actually has made my day considering how heartbreaking it is seeing all these people who don't know anything about what's going in their body.

Back
Top Bottom