'DavidT banned from concerts for life' - main page article.

That's what you get for having idols.

Still, I wouldn't change my obsession for anything.

tumblr_lf5t7oS9MX1qaj5jro1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
really? A site named for Morrissey attracts people who feel an allegiance to him? who would have thought?

No the amazing part is the people that feel an allegiance to this troll site. That's what it's always been known for. When they get bored or people start leaving in droves they bring back some banned person and hope it will create some interest. It's really a shitty site run by idiots.

Run away, little puppy. Your bark's just a yelp. Come back when you've got some bite.

Or better yet...don't come back at all! :thumb:

Here's how I see it.

Morrissey-solo functions as a sort of delicate ecosystem where trolls are allowed a loose leash to be trollish. While on the outside people can generalize and say "IT'S SO BAD. EVERYONE IS BAD AT SOLO. EVIL, EVIL, EVIL." it's quiet function that many are defining as free speech allows for negative anonymous comments that allow trolls to be trolls. They gotta do it somewhere. Okay. Solo ALSO employs a few very hardened moderators who have thick skin. There is a relatively fair system of checks and balances regarding TOS rules and breaking them. So it exists like a little country where trolls can live and thrive and be happy enough. Morrissey, because he is different, attracts a certain amount of darkness, it's like programmed into his genes so that he has to fight all the time. I think Morrissey is no stranger to trollishness. His band, however, is not. I suspect that Morrissey, egged on by his bandmates who probably would've done better to never have read this site because they don't have the same armor that Morrissey does for criticism, said to him enough is enough in a way. And so, starting first with a few comments here and there from Morrissey at gigs and interviews praising his band, then the shirts, then this, essentially dropped a bomb on the city where is trolls were comfortably allowed to express themselves in their own governed ecosystem. I suspect he did this LESS because of the personal insults to him, but more to honor his band, to stick by them. What he did not foresee is the possibility that given his actions of defending 5 people, he has alienated 5000 troll spirits who suspect they'll have no place to call home. If David were to shut this site down, they will go to the other sites, they will go to Morrissey's life, they will be everywhere. Morrissey solo is kind of like the Lost Ark of misfit spirits. There are no hardened moderators at the other sites, they don't stand a chance. I honestly feel, regarding stubborness, that this FIRST mistake was made by David when he defended Kewpie against Jukebox Jury. A straw must've broke his camel's back about him, because the situation I don;t feel called for JJ to be banned. That created resentment, the same resentment seen tenfold here now. There should've been mediation, a forgiveness plan, something. But David was being as stern as Morrissey is now. I've seen over the years since that banning a theme and flow of energy, a sort of release here and there of a massive tension. People who would have otherwise stayed here and entertained, fought, whatever the trolls, packed up and left and they took over. Even now the people who claim to be on the good side are forming lists and displaying mob mentality, "Let's get 'em all!!" It's like the wolf is dressed up in his prettiest sheep's costume and pretending to be on the good side, but he's still the wolf. This is not good. What should happen? I can't make a suggestion, I sense it;s too late to offer an apology or a reparation. And I could be wrong about the intent of Morrissey, maybe he;s sick of it too, but from what I "see" he was doing his best to defend his gang which is an honorable thing. Someone else mentioned facebook might be to blame too, I agree 100%. It allowed the trolls too close to the musicians private lives so they got in to stir up shit. Keep in mind I'm not talking about specific people. when I say troll it;s like a phase that can last a second that passes through any human being. It;s dark and nasty and some people don;t control as well as others. Anyway, that's how I see it. I sort of pray that David keeps the site up and thank him endlessly for his tireless effort to wrangle the many trolls that go unnoticed because they've been wrangled. He and his staff do make an effort and it doesn't go unnoticed. Also keep in mind that MOrrissey's statements are not from his own mouth, his publicist could've written them. But he did put the t-shirt on. Bleh. In car terms when you have a car that has overheated and the radiator cap has blown, you don;t stop the car and dump cold water into the radiator thinking the quick fix will cool the car. If you do this (like banning David for life), you'll crack the block. Hindsight is 20/20, but Morrissey should've slowly eased the situation by running the hose over the radiator a few minutes instead of all at once because now we kind of have a car with a broken engine and the trolls are loose. Whatever. I suppose this too soon shall pass. I hope.

Here's how I see it.

Morrissey-solo functions as a sort of delicate ecosystem where trolls are allowed a loose leash to be trollish. While on the outside people can generalize and say "IT'S SO BAD. EVERYONE IS BAD AT SOLO. EVIL, EVIL, EVIL." it's quiet function that many are defining as free speech allows for negative anonymous comments that allow trolls to be trolls. They gotta do it somewhere. Okay. Solo ALSO employs a few very hardened moderators who have thick skin. There is a relatively fair system of checks and balances regarding TOS rules and breaking them. So it exists like a little country where trolls can live and thrive and be happy enough. Morrissey, because he is different, attracts a certain amount of darkness, it's like programmed into his genes so that he has to fight all the time. I think Morrissey is no stranger to trollishness. His band, however, is not. I suspect that Morrissey, egged on by his bandmates who probably would've done better to never have read this site because they don't have the same armor that Morrissey does for criticism, said to him enough is enough in a way. And so, starting first with a few comments here and there from Morrissey at gigs and interviews praising his band, then the shirts, then this, essentially dropped a bomb on the city where is trolls were comfortably allowed to express themselves in their own governed ecosystem. I suspect he did this LESS because of the personal insults to him, but more to honor his band, to stick by them. What he did not foresee is the possibility that given his actions of defending 5 people, he has alienated 5000 troll spirits who suspect they'll have no place to call home. If David were to shut this site down, they will go to the other sites, they will go to Morrissey's life, they will be everywhere. Morrissey solo is kind of like the Lost Ark of misfit spirits. There are no hardened moderators at the other sites, they don't stand a chance. I honestly feel, regarding stubborness, that this FIRST mistake was made by David when he defended Kewpie against Jukebox Jury. A straw must've broke his camel's back about him, because the situation I don;t feel called for JJ to be banned. That created resentment, the same resentment seen tenfold here now. There should've been mediation, a forgiveness plan, something. But David was being as stern as Morrissey is now. I've seen over the years since that banning a theme and flow of energy, a sort of release here and there of a massive tension. People who would have otherwise stayed here and entertained, fought, whatever the trolls, packed up and left and they took over. Even now the people who claim to be on the good side are forming lists and displaying mob mentality, "Let's get 'em all!!" It's like the wolf is dressed up in his prettiest sheep's costume and pretending to be on the good side, but he's still the wolf. This is not good. What should happen? I can't make a suggestion, I sense it;s too late to offer an apology or a reparation. And I could be wrong about the intent of Morrissey, maybe he;s sick of it too, but from what I "see" he was doing his best to defend his gang which is an honorable thing. Someone else mentioned facebook might be to blame too, I agree 100%. It allowed the trolls too close to the musicians private lives so they got in to stir up shit. Keep in mind I'm not talking about specific people. when I say troll it;s like a phase that can last a second that passes through any human being. It;s dark and nasty and some people don;t control as well as others. Anyway, that's how I see it. I sort of pray that David keeps the site up and thank him endlessly for his tireless effort to wrangle the many trolls that go unnoticed because they've been wrangled. He and his staff do make an effort and it doesn't go unnoticed. Also keep in mind that MOrrissey's statements are not from his own mouth, his publicist could've written them. But he did put the t-shirt on. Bleh. In car terms when you have a car that has overheated and the radiator cap has blown, you don;t stop the car and dump cold water into the radiator thinking the quick fix will cool the car. If you do this (like banning David for life), you'll crack the block. Hindsight is 20/20, but Morrissey should've slowly eased the situation by running the hose over the radiator a few minutes instead of all at once because now we kind of have a car with a broken engine and the trolls are loose. Whatever. I suppose this too soon shall pass. I hope.

This post was brought to you today by the word "trolls"...

Nothing about what Morrissey did was honorable. Nothing. Stop making excuses for him. He's a coward.

this is insanity, just insanity, and I really don't think the old man pulls this kind of stuff on purpose which makes it all the more brilliant.

Here's how I see it.

The more I read this the more f***ing irritated I get.

Yes, it's all the trolls' fault. OF COURSE! Blame the trolls, always the trolls. Hate the trolls! They cause everything that goes wrong with Morrissey. Couldn't possibly be the man himself at the root of things, no. No way. No chance. He's the most fair-minded, selfless, well-intentioned human being ever to grace the earth.

Leave him alone, he's only singing...right?

Wrong. He's a selfish prick who is past his best days, knows it, and is trying to regain control wherever he thinks he can and unfortunately it's in all the wrong ways and in all the wrong places.

The so-called "trolls" here have as much right to speak and voice their opinions -negative ones included- as any of the apple-polishers here do. This site is no longer simply about adoration of Morrissey's music; that was merely a starting point many years ago. It is just as much, now, about like minded people coming together to discuss and debate all things involving Morrissey...including the bad things. And yes, there are many of those.

Right now a lot of people are feeling let down...by the drop in the quality of his music, by his increasingly fickle, diva-ish behavior, by his unwarranted, almost comically pathetic hatefulness toward this site (which has been and still is frequented by some of his most longtime, hardcore fans, myself included) and by his most recent and egregiously stupid decision to ban David Tseng from attending his concerts.

If a troll contributes nothing to the site but insults of other fans, and has no agenda other than to cause trouble or incite anger, then yeah, that sucks. But the ire here lately is of the righteous variety; lots of people -not just "trolls" but lots of genuine fans- are pissed off, disgusted, and confused by this person that we all used to -and in some way continue to- admire with the deepest of adoration, at least on an artistic level.

Sad but true.

Re:

The end would come some day. His voice, the career he has chosen does not last forever. After YOR, I began to become very concerned about his legacy. Then, there were the interviews.

Finally, those awful new songs. The tee shirt? Now this. Morrissey is doing a spectacular job in tearing his legacy to shreds. Please Moz, just stop now before there is no one left but sycophants to care.

An artist banning a fan who runs one of, probably the largest Morrissey fan site? I understand his intent to be: maybe if I ban him he'll take the site down? Great. An artist who favors censorship. Terrific.

Last edited:
The more I read this the more f***ing irritated I get.

Yes, it's all the trolls' fault. OF COURSE! Blame the trolls, always the trolls. Hate the trolls! They cause everything that goes wrong with Morrissey. Couldn't possibly be the man himself at the root of things, no. No way. No chance. He's the most fair-minded, selfless, well-intentioned human being ever to grace the earth.

Leave him alone, he's only singing...right?

Wrong. He's a selfish prick who is past his best days, knows it, and is trying to regain control wherever he thinks he can and unfortunately it's in all the wrong ways and in all the wrong places.

The so-called "trolls" here have as much right to speak and voice their opinions -negative ones included- as any of the apple-polishers here do. This site is no longer simply about adoration of Morrissey's music; that was merely a starting point many years ago. It is just as much, now, about like minded people coming together to discuss and debate all things involving Morrissey...including the bad things. And yes, there are many of those.

Right now a lot of people are feeling let down...by the drop in the quality of his music, by his increasingly fickle, diva-ish behavior, by his unwarranted, almost comically pathetic hatefulness toward this site (which has been and still is frequented by some of his most longtime, hardcore fans, myself included) and by his most recent and egregiously stupid decision to ban David Tseng from attending his concerts.

If a troll contributes nothing to the site but insults of other fans, and has no agenda other than to cause trouble or incite anger, then yeah, that sucks. But the ire here lately is of the righteous variety; lots of people -not just "trolls" but lots of genuine fans- are pissed off, disgusted, and confused by this person that we all used to -and in some way continue to- admire with the deepest of adoration, at least on an artistic level.

Sad but true.

I don't think you get what I'm saying, probably because I'm not much of a writer and didn't explain myself well. I might try again in the morning, too tired now.

Re:

The end would come some day. His voice, the career he has chosen does not last forever. After YOR, I began to become very concerned about his legacy. Then, there were the interviews.

Finally, those awful new songs. The tee shirt? Now this. Morrissey is doing a spectacular job in tearing his legacy to shreds. Please Moz, just stop now before there is no one left but sycophants to care.

An artist banning a fan who runs one of, probably the largest Morrissey fan site? I understand his intent to be: maybe if I ban him he'll take the site down? Great. An artist who favors censorship. Terrific.

Oh, I think he's banning him because he's personally hurt because David has allowed private and hurtful things to be posted without filters, not in the hope that the site will be taken down. There's an ideal site out there somewhere, where people can voice there opinions without so much disrespect, but we're all human, so maybe in the next world, the next world, the next world....
(I think there should be more discretion on what's allowed in general discussion and the mainpage on this site, but that's just me. It's a fine line to walk)

I don't think you get what I'm saying, probably because I'm not much of a writer and didn't explain myself well. I might try again in the morning, too tired now.

You're an excellent writer; I just don't agree with you. Or at least, not with what I perceive your opinion to be on this matter.

This site could be revamped and it could even be scrapped all together...

Morrissey will still be Morrissey and will find something else that he feels is a personal injustice. He should focus his energies into creating even better music that what he is churning out now. The songs are lackluster... Not everything he writes is going to be a masterpiece. He is not going to continually top himself and he is a fool to believe that every new song continually does.

Re: the official signing out, thanks davidt , f*** morrissey, its over thread

I for one would like to thank DavidT for this site. After learking around on and off for years, I officially joined in '07 as a fan interesting in digging deeper and quickly became a hardcore fan after learning much and conversing with other fans. I know this must be the case for loads of other people. If it wasn't for DavidT, I would not have spent all the money on Morrissey related items I have since then.

Here's my thruppeny worth ( for what it's worth...).
I just find it ridiculous that David Tseng has been banned from attending any future shows, BUT... ( As, I think, Raphael Lambach pointed out in another thread...apologies if mis-spelled or wrong "poster") a convicted Football thug, and all round Nasty piece of work ( Joey Barton) is welcomed with open arms backstage at Glastonbury ( I bet he never even bought a ticket, unlike David did..).
Is this the SAME Morrissey who trounced off stage in Liverpool, because of an incident with a bottle, disappointing Thousands of fans, But now happy to be photographed with the same sort of person that can drunkenly beat up a teenager while his group of Swaggering "Minders" sniggeringly watch??
Maybe Morrissey is misguided in his attempts at attracting "Publicity" these days, but, love this site or hate it ( I LOVE It, but HATE the anonymous crap that gets through, and also crap "Threads" that are allowed ),
But Banning FANS from your own shows is a step too far....whatever next?? a 30 page questionnaire about his B-side output with Every future concert ticket application??
Maybe Sparks should re-release a new song called "GROW UP, Morrissey"....your fan-base is dwindling....this Twattish behaviour is NOT helping....
FFS, ...at this rate, His Next tour will be held in a f***in Tent, on the back of a Lorry.
What with whats going on in Moz-Mind at the moment...To say the least ...TRULY disappointed....good night, and thank you.

And next week Morrissey commends Kim John Il on his sterling work.

Back
Top Bottom