David T - please issue a warning that any post could become a front-page news item

Maurice E

I've just seen that my comments about the Marr Uncut interview have been posted as a news story, verbatim, on the front page. Is there a warning, anywhere, that this can happen to any post?
My post was full of half-remembered quotes, and my strong opinion about what I thought of these comments.
Subsequent to my post, the actual interview was scanned and included on the thread.
If we are going to take a news story from the forum, could we not just take the actual news and the proper quotes, and present them neutrally?

Re: David T - please issue a warning that any post could become a front-page news ite

David simply gave you the credit that you're the first to report the article in the forum.

He would consider not quoting your comments in the mainpage news item in future.

Re: David T - please issue a warning that any post could become a front-page news ite

I've just seen that my comments about the Marr Uncut interview have been posted as a news story, verbatim, on the front page. Is there a warning, anywhere, that this can happen to any post?
My post was full of half-remembered quotes, and my strong opinion about what I thought of these comments.
Subsequent to my post, the actual interview was scanned and included on the thread.
If we are going to take a news story from the forum, could we not just take the actual news and the proper quotes, and present them neutrally?

Apologies if my editing was not up to expectations. Some days such as today I have things going on and don't take as much time as I should on the items. As Kewpie mentioned, I usually give credit to the person who initiated the news item. If there is a better item, such as the scan you mentioned, I may link to that. But I thought it was ok to do both, but in retrospect you are right, I should just link to the scan. If you want I can go back and edit out your comments.

Most items nowadays on the main page are posts from the forums. On the forum main page there is a note:
News or other items of interest may be promoted to articles for the main page.

I'll look to see where I can make it more visible.

Apologies if my editing was not up to expectations. Some days such as today I have things going on and don't take as much time as I should on the items. As Kewpie mentioned, I usually give credit to the person who initiated the news item. If there is a better item, such as the scan you mentioned, I may link to that. But I thought it was ok to do both, but in retrospect you are right, I should just link to the scan. If you want I can go back and edit out your comments.

Most items nowadays on the main page are posts from the forums. On the forum main page there is a note:
News or other items of interest may be promoted to articles for the main page.

I'll look to see where I can make it more visible.

Thanks David. I just seem like a right gossip (or even troll) which feels ok within the controlled environment of the forum but seems inappropriate on the main page which tons more people read.
It is nice to get credits for spotting a new story, and I guess it serves me right for being such a gossip in the first place! But yeah, if you could edit out my comments this time, that would be appreciated. Maybe next time I hear some news, I'll try to submit it neutrally as a story first, and then discuss on the forum.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom