David Morrissey to voice "Autobiography" audio book - true-to-you.net

Seen via slicingupeyeballs and validated at TTY:

The Walking Dead's eyepatched mad man voices the unabridged book.
Quote:
"3 November 2013
David reads Morrissey - true-to-you.net
Penguin Classics will release a complete and unabridged digital download of Morrissey’s Autobiography on 5 December 2013.
The audiobook is read by acclaimed actor David Morrissey."

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: TTY - David Morrissey to voice Autobiography audio book.

Crikey. Can you imagine how may copies of the audiobook they could have sold if the man himself had read it?

A scouser?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I first noticed David Morrissey on Channel 4's 'One Summer'. It was a an excellent drama series in 1983, just at the time The Smiths were taking on the world. I recommend it of course.

A stroke of Mozzerian genius, even funnier than getting the book printed as a Penguin Classic.

Can't wait for the know-it-alls to deconstruct this news!

All this time I had my money on it being Neil.

Ahahahaha, I knew David Morrissey would do it! Still wish Mozza would have done it himself though..

Ah, I can see the promo material now.

"Autobiography, complete and unabridged, read by

David

MORRISSEY."

This is great news! I was hoping for an audio book. David Morrissey is great, but I cant help feeling disappointed it won't be read by the man himself.

- - - Updated - - -

A stroke of Mozzerian genius, even funnier than getting the book printed as a Penguin Classic.

Can't wait for the know-it-alls to deconstruct this news!

Yes! ;)

I like this choice :) especially if he does it with
dead2.jpg

this guy's accent :p

That's funny. :D

Yeah, David was born and bred in Liverpool, but he doesn't have strong accent.

It's great that David will do the audiobook.

Agree. Lovely voice. And I bet he gets Moz's inflection down pat.

Last edited:
Unlike some people I don't shit all over everything that Morrissey does, however this has to be one time I do. I just can't get behind the idea of anyone reading someone's autobiography for an audiobook that isn't the author themselves. When he will speak of "I" and "me" and things that happened to "him", I'll just be far too aware that it hasn't actually happened to the person who is reading the book to me and I won't be able to enjoy it, just like any other autobiography audiobook read not by the author. Maybe the only person I could enjoy hearing read this book besides Morrissey (Steven), would be Stephen Fry perhaps. I like David Morrissey, I like his voice, I'm a big fan ... but I'll have to pass on this one. Shame Moz didn't read it himself ... not like he's busy recording anything else in a studio these days!

Unlike some people I don't shit all over everything that Morrissey does, however this has to be one time I do. I just can't get behind the idea of anyone reading someone's autobiography for an audiobook that isn't the author themselves. When he will speak of "I" and "me" and things that happened to "him", I'll just be far too aware that it hasn't actually happened to the person who is reading the book to me and I won't be able to enjoy it, just like any other autobiography audiobook read not by the author. Maybe the only person I could enjoy hearing read this book besides Morrissey (Steven), would be Stephen Fry perhaps. I like David Morrissey, I like his voice, I'm a big fan ... but I'll have to pass on this one. Shame Moz didn't read it himself ... not like he's busy recording anything else in a studio these days!

I love David Morrissey but I have to agree with Pokey on this one.

signed,
Gumby.

I first noticed David Morrissey on Channel 4's 'One Summer'. It was a an excellent drama series in 1983, just at the time The Smiths were taking on the world. I recommend it of course.

I was only watching this on dvd the other week it took me back years, get yourself a copy and see what it was like back in the good old days.

Benny-the-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom