crazydayandnights: Morrissey (Blind Items Revealed - July 3, 2020)

Basically an infamous gossip site that spills celeb tea and they recently revealed a few details about the mess... HOLY SHIT

The diehard and fanatical fans of this foreign born singer who is A/A+ in his native country and who has a new album coming out soon would be surprised to know certain aspects of his real life that are seemingly in contradiction to the public persona he has built up over the years in lyrics, in interviews, and even in his own autobiography.

For one, he has at least two illegitimate children, the result of encounters while on the road. One was conceived during his time in a now defunct band that is still popular today. He has always been coy about his sexuality, he is bisexual, but in fact, contrary to popular opinion, he has had more relationships with women than men.

Also not known is his violent temper. He headbutted a promoter in the early days breaking the man’s eye socket. He put a former bandmate in the hospital and has been known to get into fights in pubs. He is bigger and stronger in real life than he appears on TV and in videos.

He has always downplayed the fact he was a very good athlete as a teenager but, despite his statements mocking this, has always been into working out especially in his glory days several decades ago and travels with a personal trainer.

Those who have met him during unguarded moments have also commented on the fact that his natural speaking style is much coarser and working class than the affected voice he puts on in interviews. He grew up in a tough neighborhood and this reflects that.

The last couple years, this singer has been in trouble for comments he has made. Those comments are in fact closer to who he actually is and what he actually believes which reflect a certain type of character named after a hairstyle he sang about in some of his earlier songs.

Morrissey (The Smiths, Suedehead)

The lack of respect towards Morrissey is incredible!!!!.
They are disgusting!.
They want to have sex with Morrissey??!!.
But noo,only in your dreams !!!.
How unpleasant they are.
LEAVE HIM ALONE
no tienen limites
Oh son unos PAJEROS!!!!

Apologies for lifting this thread out of the gutter but I've had very tenuous/occasional links with the Dwyer/Morrissey family here in Bowdon for over 20 years and...

1. If Moz is tough, he hides it when he's round here, as the lengths that man goes to avoid confrontation is astounding.

2. If he has children, nobody around here knows about it despite him (on and off) and his mum living here since the 80s. This is a small village, he's the main celeb, someone would know.

3. His speaking voice, yes that bit is true, that is much less affected than his interview one is.

4. His personal views, I'm not nearly close enough to know, so no idea there.

The man I vaguely know is the one the fans would recognise. Gentle, awkward but yet kind and polite, at least superficially.

Apologies for lifting this thread out of the gutter but I've had very tenuous/occasional links with the Dwyer/Morrissey family here in Bowdon for over 20 years and...

1. If Moz is tough, he hides it when he's round here, as the lengths that man goes to avoid confrontation is astounding.

2. If he has children, nobody around here knows about it despite him (on and off) and his mum living here since the 80s. This is a small village, he's the main celeb, someone would know.

3. His speaking voice, yes that bit is true, that is much less affected than his interview one is.

4. His personal views, I'm not nearly close enough to know, so no idea there.

The man I vaguely know is the one the fans would recognise. Gentle, awkward but yet kind and polite, at least superficially.
Have you seen him recently? Does he still stay with his mother during lockdown?

It's interesting how he adopts an interview voice. Many of the 60s pop stars such as Cilla Black, Sandie Shaw and Lulu, also spoke Queens English when interviewed at that time. It only seems to have been the women who did this though. It may have been the ladylike thing to do. If you compare how broad and gobby Cilla was in the 80s, she sounds completely different to the way she did in the 60s. Morrissey may have taken his cue from his beloved girl singers. Then again, it might also be a way of differentiating his Morrissey persona from his Stephen persona, in his own mind. By speaking differently in public, he may feel he's not giving away too much of his private self.
I always thought he was desperate to be thought bookish and intellectual, and it sprung from that. And also a bit camp - he had a lisp that used to come and go in the early years. I think you're right, though, it was all 'persona building.'

í think this sounds quite lovely & 'natural'? ~ speaking to a bit of tit {Mat Snow of "Q" magazine} in the Autumn of 1989...

For the life of me, í have always thought Moz sounded more like a posh Liverpudlian than a Manc. í gather he does like Liverpudlians {Linder, Ciller, Etc.}.
He often reminds me of an 'Auntie' of mine. Not really an Aunt of course, just a lovely friend of my Mum, who lived in St Helen's. So this particular verbal variant of Moz brings to my mind happy summers of my ginger Auntie and her ginger moggie, and being tied up and shot by her pretty daughers...

Er.

But anyway, í do frequently think that perhaps one of the more subconscious reasions í ever got 'into' The Smiths was because Morrissey's singing voice {and speaking} reminded me of endless happy summers in Blackpool as a child. The soft soothing Lancashire dialect that í heard all around me was such a change from the hard, pinched guttural West of Scotland yawp that defined the other 50 weeks of my year, that í immediately fell for anyone with a Lancastrian lilt.

¿Es realmente tímido como todos dicen?
¿Y definitivamente es gay o bisexual?
Thank you i hope you answer me.

I always thought he was desperate to be thought bookish and intellectual, and it sprung from that. And also a bit camp - he had a lisp that used to come and go in the early years. I think you're right, though, it was all 'persona building.'

There may be a bit of ‘persona building’ but, I also think in those early interviews it probably made him less nervous if he ‘acted’. By simply changing his speech it probably helped distance himself from the situation and gave him the boost of confidence to say what he feels needs to be said.

Something to consider.

¿Es realmente tímido como todos dicen?
¿Y definitivamente es gay o bisexual?
Thank you i hope you answer me.

¿derp derp derp?
derp derp, derp derp derp derp derp:
  1. derp.
  2. derp.
  3. derp.
  4. derp.
¡derp!

[QUOTE = "! Viva Hate !, publicación: 1987303458, miembro: 1074"]
¿Derp derp derp?
  1. derp.
  2. derp.
  3. derp.
  4. derp.
¡Derp!
[/CITAR]
??????????? ¿¿¿¿¿what whatttt???

[QUOTE = "! Viva Hate !, publicación: 1987303458, miembro: 1074"]
¿Derp derp derp?
  1. derp.
  2. derp.
  3. derp.
  4. derp.
¡Derp!
[/CITAR]
Que te recontra SIOME!!!!!

Now, I have never heard the kids rumor before, BUT, I will say this:

I used to be quite the superfan around the quarry era, following the tour, etc. I had a decent level of pretty high access for quite a while there. Two things make me open to possibly opening the door to believing it now, even though at the time, I generally poo-pooed my instincts away:

1) certain events transpired and things were overheard that would lead one to believe he had secretly slept with a particular female on a regular basis (something I thought was bizarre and inconceivable at the time). This wasn’t just a couple things, this was a bunch of odd weird gossipy secretive sh*t over a period of several months. Me, I always fully assumed he would never ever have interest in females, so I sort of tried to put it in the back of my mind as just bs (even though it really didn’t seem like it at the time)

2)He was featured in SEVERAL magazines at that time (2004), and print media was still king. There was one he had a several page spread in, and God, I wish I could remember the name of it but I can’t. However, I do remember the two-page photo of him at the beginning of the story, with some text on top of it: he was lounging, fully closed, poolside, with two elementary school age children, one on either side of him. One was a boy, and one was a girl, and they both looked like they had just gotten out of the pool, because they both looked cold and their hair was wet. The female child looked like his **clone** or something. I immediately dismissed it as a coincidence, but over the years I’ve thought of it from time to time, because it was just so bizarre and uncanny. Like, was that little girl his kid? Like I thought maybe he had a secret surrogate or something. And now this!? I’mspeechless.

Does anyone remember the name of this magazine I’m speaking of? I wish I could find it.

Snip...

Does anyone remember the name of this magazine I’m speaking of? I wish I could find it.
westenberg1.jpg

By Kevin Westenberg (Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles - MOJO Magazine / March 16, 2004).
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom