ColdWar Steve first sale features Morrissey

DB5F0774-F30F-4B80-88DA-2C0E280076C5.jpeg

what exactly is it im looking at.

what exactly is it im looking at.
It's 'art', apparently. I hadn't heard of it either. Some bloke called Christopher Spencer has a Twitter account in the name of Coldwar Steve, where he posts bizarre montages of famous people which always, somewhere, include Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) from Eastenders. Apparently it's political. I find it mildly amusing, but not the stroke of genius some people seem to regard it as. Guardian article here explains it more fully https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/jul/17/phil-mitchell-trump-coldwar-steve-twitter-mashups-mcfadden-brexit-britain

EDITED TO SAY: many (but not all) of his pieces seem to have a left-wing slant, pillorying Reagan, Thatcher, Trump and featuring other minor right-supporting celebrities such as Cilla, Cliff Richard and Jeremy Clarkson. So it's a fair bet that including Morrissey is not an affectionate homage.

Last edited:
It's 'art', apparently. I hadn't heard of it either. Some bloke called Christopher Spencer has a Twitter account in the name of Coldwar Steve, where he posts bizarre montages of famous people which always, somewhere, include Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) from Eastenders. Apparently it's political. I find it mildly amusing, but not the stroke of genius some people seem to regard it as. Guardian article here explains it more fully https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/jul/17/phil-mitchell-trump-coldwar-steve-twitter-mashups-mcfadden-brexit-britain

EDITED TO SAY: many (but not all) of his pieces seem to have a left-wing slant, pillorying Reagan, Thatcher, Trump and featuring other minor right-supporting celebrities such as Cilla, Cliff Richard and Jeremy Clarkson. So it's a fair bet that including Morrissey is not an affectionate homage.

What's the significance of Phil from EastEnders? That's hilarious.

What's the significance of Phil from EastEnders? That's hilarious.
Not entirely sure. I think it's just that he's 'everybloke', and there are unlimited of shots of his character looking angry/confused/pissed, which add a layer of ridiculousness to the montages of world leaders.

He did one earlier in the year that I saw, but didn't share as it just didn't do much for me tbh. As it's being discussed:

IMG_20181010_113748.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Bosch is wonderful art.
(puts on flameproof jumpsuit...)
However, I need a bit more convincing when it comes to cutting out digital images and assembling them in to a digital collage. I think this is one of those things where being grumpy and old comes in to play - as I really don't get overwhelmed by any artistry or skill in this type of photostudio type work. Similarly, modern dance (to me) is just a new way to point your anus at an audience or feign a seizure whilst trying to dance a description of child birth or slavery - it all leaves me cold.
Hey, but what would I know!? :)
Regards,
FWD.

yes, hieronymus bosch definitely had a vision, drug-induced or not, which he had to share with other human beings because he was exploring inner space which does always connect us to others. he brought us images that had never before been shared visually and consciously. modern artists have technology. do they still have a vision or are they simply bored? i feel unable to say. what i like about the coldwar steve picture is the arrangement of colors. there is something soft and mellow about it.

He did one earlier in the year that I saw, but didn't share as it just didn't do much for me tbh. As it's being discussed:

View attachment 46029

Regards,
FWD.
This one must be a fake because its missing a certain Phillip Mitchell esq.or is that him at the back wearing the black suit.

This one must be a fake because its missing a certain Phillip Mitchell esq.or is that him at the back wearing the black suit.
Phil is next to Dyer's ear?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Phil is next to Dyer's ear?
Regards,
FWD.
never thought I would see phil Mitchell looking so glum whilst sitting in a boozer,must have seen the price of a pint is going up after Brexit.

View attachment 46029

Regards,
FWD.

a bit surreal, just had the idea or fear that this is what the afterlife might look like ! :fearscream: I mean, I wouldn't mind bumping into Mozzy on the other-side, but the others look deranged.

Back
Top Bottom