Coca-Cola joins Facebook boycott with a pause on all social media advertising starting July 1st

About f***ing time!

""Starting on July 1, The Coca-Cola Company will pause paid advertising on all social media platforms globally for at least 30 days,” reads a statement from Coca-Cola Company CEO James Quincey posted to the brand’s website. “We will take this time to reassess our advertising standards and policies to determine whether revisions are needed internally, and what more we should expect of our social media partners to rid the platforms of hate, violence and inappropriate content. We will let them know we expect greater accountability, action and transparency from them.”

Earlier today, Unilever joined Verizon as the two largest companies participating in the boycott prior to Coca-Cola’s involvement Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg also announced a series of policy changes that, while not explicitly in response to the boycott, appear designed to try and address many of the criticisms the company has faced of late regarding its lack of moderation of violent threats, hate speech, and misinformation posted by President Donald Trump and other controversial accounts and pages."

Oh no. How will I be able to buy Coke if they don’t advertise to me?

oops

Coke refusing to advertise on FB until FB subscribes to their political views is such a burn. How about you just sell me a sweet sugary drink and shut the f*** up.

Back
Top Bottom