Chilean miners

Bluebirds

Its great isn't it!!!

12.18pm: My colleague Gregg Roughley (yes, a Liverpool fan) says: "Liverpool fans might enjoy knowing that on Margaret Thatcher's 85th birthday she'll be watching nothing but celebrating scousers and miners all day on TV."

Guardian blog

12.18pm: My colleague Gregg Roughley (yes, a Liverpool fan) says: "Liverpool fans might enjoy knowing that on Margaret Thatcher's 85th birthday she'll be watching nothing but celebrating scousers and miners all day on TV."

Guardian blog

...and I'll be singing, "Tramp the Dirt Down."

Hooray for the miners.

While the news coverage in America is certainly thorough, they're focusing a lot on the PTSD and psychological issues the miners are certain to experience after having lived in hell for 69 days. :squiffy: Just give them a few quiet days with their family without cameras, they'll fare well.

I guess I'm an evil misanthropic crankcase: I can't understand the wall-to-wall media coverage of this story. Am I happy for the miners and their families? Sure. Do I care to follow every detail? Feck no.

I'm much more excited by the news that I am a Ghost is back on the Morrissey Forums - woo-hoo! Welcome home, sir. You were missed.

God bless all the miners that got out safely. sorry feel for the men who couldn't watch their children being born and for the man who's mistress turned up to greet him as his wife found out about the affair haha! :)

I guess I'm an evil misanthropic crankcase: I can't understand the wall-to-wall media coverage of this story. Am I happy for the miners and their families? Sure. Do I care to follow every detail? Feck no.

I'm much more excited by the news that I am a Ghost is back on the Morrissey Forums - woo-hoo! Welcome home, sir. You were missed.

Why thank you, buddy. :)

There's only a few of us left...

the chilean prezident is a grinnig twat. i hate him

Last edited:
If they used that much effort and spent that much money in say Eritrea, a hell of a lot more lives would be saved than 33. It's just stuck in a mining cave, what a nice novelty hey? Sad reflection of our society and media the hysteria surrounding this. The time it took to rescue all the people down there thousands upon thousands died of easily curable diseases. It doesn't sit easy with me at all. In fact, even if we pushed aside all of disease stuff. Thousands have died in China thanks to their own environmental issues in that time but hey, what a nice novelty it is for some men to be stuck in a mine! Pathetic

If they used that much effort and spent that much money in say Eritrea, a hell of a lot more lives would be saved than 33. It's just stuck in a mining cave, what a nice novelty hey? Sad reflection of our society and media the hysteria surrounding this. The time it took to rescue all the people down there thousands upon thousands died of easily curable diseases. It doesn't sit easy with me at all. In fact, even if we pushed aside all of disease stuff. Thousands have died in China thanks to their own environmental issues in that time but hey, what a nice novelty it is for some men to be stuck in a mine! Pathetic

Quality cynicism!
:thumb:

I wonder how much effort China will put into rescuing the 17 miners that have been trapped in Yuzhou? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11557581

China's mining industry is the most dangerous in the world, with more than 2,600 workers killed in accidents last year alone.

But rules have often been ignored in favour of profit, as the economy has boomed.​

Or does their government treat the 2600 miners that died in mining accidents last year as a sub*******?

Any excuse for a bit of Bragg...

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

I bet Christmas is a bundle of laughs round your house

I think I speak for everyone when I say... be quiet you moaning bastard.

I bet Christmas is a bundle of laughs round your house

"Socks? You got me socks again? If you had taken the money you spent on socks that you earned by driving a car that pollutes to your job, killing the ozone which in effect will kill hundreds of lives each trip, you could've used the money towards research to cure diseases. Or you could've gotten me an iTunes gift card. Thanks for ruining Christmas, my life and the life of diseased people all over the world."

"Socks? You got me socks again? If you had taken the money you spent on socks that you earned by driving a car that pollutes to your job, killing the ozone which in effect will kill hundreds of lives each trip, you could've used the money towards research to cure diseases. Or you could've gotten me an iTunes gift card. Thanks for ruining Christmas, my life and the life of diseased people all over the world."

:thumb::lbf:

rumour is rife,the whole thing was a staged propoganda exercise by the chilian govt, using 33 prisoners who were leaving the mine every other day by the usual exits and enjoying the comfort of a specialy built dormertory.

Back
Top Bottom