"Cancel Morrissey" - new article at openDemocracy

Very well written, highly-referenced article.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/co...issey-controversy-over-music-and-free-speech/

Excerpt: "These characterisations of Morrissey’s political profession as part of his provocative performativity or accusations that there is a targeted campaign against the singer, however, ultimately miss the mark. Tensions over the role of personal politics and artistic personae are neither unique to Morrissey nor new."

I keep seeing rubbish like this and wondering when will they understand Mozza will never be cancelled!

It's all repetitious but it's all factual. I am not sure you read to the end but there is some analysis, and a reason why they posted this piece. It's better than some articles I've read on the topic and they do stay on the far right/immigration topic instead of dragging up everything he's ever said.
This is what he must have wanted when he started making these comments. He has a long history with the press and is well aware that a provocative statement will become a headline. His statement about halal slaughter and ISIS where he essentially equated Islam with terror was either a carefully worded and deliberate statement or a careless slip, but either way saying something like that will get attention.
He is only a victim of himself.

Not reading that, sounds boring. But gotta say I’m sick of the term “free speech”, winds me up everytime I see it. Especially when it’s used in defence of someone’s harmful & offensive opinions. It gives license to just spew any garbage you want, no matter who it hurts, the hate it incites or the crimes it triggers.

Not reading that, sounds boring. But gotta say I’m sick of the term “free speech”, winds me up everytime I see it. Especially when it’s used in defence of someone’s harmful & offensive opinions. It gives license to just spew any garbage you want, no matter who it hurts, the hate it incites or the crimes it triggers.

Do you just blindside stuff you don't want to see? If you'd taken the time to read it you'd have seen it's a comprehensively referenced article that sits on the fence.

Do you just blindside stuff you don't want to see? If you'd taken the time to read it you'd have seen it's a comprehensively referenced article that sits on the fence.

By calling For Britain a 'far right' Party, the article immediately renders itself biased. No sitting on the fence when you label a party that is clearly NOT far right as far right. Anne Marie Waters, the founder of For Britain is an: Irish, lesbian, feminist, animal loving, leftie - she couldn't be further from the right, let alone the far right. She is anti Islam because it is a nasty, nasty ideology that is anti-women, anti-animal and anti-gay. Anyone who turns a blind eye to this ideology, or who actively support it are guilty by association - you being one of them, Skinny. I'm surprised I didn't see you outside those school gates in Birmingham calling for a shut-down on the educating of young people on the subject of same-sex love. Hang your head in shame.

I didn’t want to see it, cos i didn’t care to. Doesn’t interest me. I was picking on the use of the “free speech” quote and how it’s used in general.

FREE MORRISSEY !!!

:thumb:

It might not offer anything new, but it's a calm-headed and a considered summary of Morrissey's far right leaning and why these things matter. Yes, it is possible to write something as immortal as Everyday Is Like Sunday and still be a terrible person. Most great artists are a mess -- but few of them master the art of self sabotage as well as "our" Moz.

By calling For Britain a 'far right' Party, the article immediately renders itself biased. No sitting on the fence when you label a party that is clearly NOT far right as far right. Anne Marie Waters, the founder of For Britain is an: Irish, lesbian, feminist, animal loving, leftie - she couldn't be further from the right, let alone the far right. She is anti Islam because it is a nasty, nasty ideology that is anti-women, anti-animal and anti-gay. Anyone who turns a blind eye to this ideology, or who actively support it are guilty by association - you being one of them, Skinny. I'm surprised I didn't see you outside those school gates in Birmingham calling for a shut-down on the educating of young people on the subject of same-sex love. Hang your head in shame.

She wants to slash taxes for the rich - that is the very essence of right-wing politics. Whether it's centre-right, right or far-right is up for discussion but For Bigots is very clearly a right wing party.

It's only controversial for globalists to want to protect your borders and stop mass immigration in favor of native citizens. Morrissey and F.B. are correct that they want to use mass immigration to influence the political direction of the country and Europeans need to face the fact that if mass immigration continues it will fundamentally change the country forever

Why was this removed from the main thread list? Is someone trying to hide something?

Back
Top Bottom