"California Son" - Hi-res audio 24 bit / 96kHz (FLAC)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Thanks to a very kind person, I have been supplied with the Qobuz 24 bit / 96 kHz version of California Son.
It is a large zip file and is just under 1 gb.
This is the highest quality version available anywhere currently and if you have the audio equipment to unlock the full potential of the sample rate - it sounds awesome.
Enjoy:

https://we.tl/t-TEiVLWMdo5

A huge thanks to my generous benefactor yet again.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing!, as i already said i bought the iTunes version last Friday and i'm waiting for my CD version.

The 24 bits version is nice to have too. Lol it took me like 1 min to download thanks Famous.

Regards,
FWD.

This audio will not be of much use to anyone without the software/DAC/phone/headphones/player that supports hi-res audio to get the full benefit.
It is just under a gig in size and you'd be better off with FLAC should you be lacking said devices.

Regards,
FWD.

This audio will not be of much use to anyone without the software/DAC/phone/headphones/player that supports hi-res audio to get the full benefit.
It is just under a gig in size and you'd be better off with FLAC should you be lacking said devices.
Yes, I have DAC ( Dragonfly, honey pie) . I did have this when you first posted it , I like to go Hi-Res if i can but I lost the lot with the hard drive breakage . Im slowly getting stuff back. hardly any Hi res though- i had alot of stuff on cloud but not as much as i should have

Morrissey – California Son (2019) [FLAC 24 bit, 96 kHz]​

Indie Pop admin — February 4, 2024

1707085117186.png

Artist: Morrissey
Album: California Son
Genre: Indie Pop, Indie Rock
Release Date: 2019
Audio Format:: FLAC (tracks) 24 bit, 96 kHz
Duration: 40:04
Total Tracks: 12
Total Size: 876 MB

Tracklist:

1-1. Morrissey – Morning Starship (03:29)
1-2. Morrissey – Don’t Interrupt the Sorrow (04:06)
1-3. Morrissey – Only a Pawn in Their Game (03:46)
1-4. Morrissey – Suffer the Little Children (03:31)
1-5. Morrissey – Days of Decision (02:55)
1-6. Morrissey – It’s Over (02:52)
1-7. Morrissey – Wedding Bell Blues (02:56)
1-8. Morrissey – Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets (02:09)
1-9. Morrissey – Lady Willpower (03:07)
1-10. Morrissey – When You Close Your Eyes (03:29)
1-11. Morrissey – Lenny’s Tune (03:30)
1-12. Morrissey – Some Say I Got Devil (04:09)

Download:

https://xubster.com/qlnnedefij59/M0rrisseyCalif0rniaS0n20192496.rar.html
12-track covers album from the former Smiths’ frontman. Covers by the likes of Carly Simon, Joni Mitchell and Roy Orbison are included. He also enlisted several special guest performers, including Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day), Ed Droste (Grizzly Bear), Ariel Engle (Broken Social Scene) and Sameer Gadhia (Young the Giant).

As the lead singer of the Smiths, arguably the most important indie band in Britain during the ’80s, Morrissey’s theatrical crooning and literate, poetic lyrics – filled with romantic angst, social alienation, and cutting wit – connected powerfully with a legion of similarly sensitive, disaffected youth. These fans turned the Smiths into stars in Britain, exerting tremendous pull over much of the country’s guitar-based music for many years after their breakup, and even if the group remained underground cult artists in the States, they had a fan base that slowly, steadily grew larger over the years. Indeed, a few years after the Smiths’ breakup in 1987, Morrissey’s American cult had grown to the point where he became more popular in the U.S. than in his homeland, where he nevertheless was never far from the music press headlines.All the greats have dabbled in such projects. Bowie with Pinups, Johnny Cash with American IV: The Man Comes Around, Lennon with Rock & Roll, Metallica with Garage Inc, Cat Power with The Covers Record, Meshell Ndegeocello with Ventriloquism, Patti Smith with Twelve, Costello with Almost Blue and hundreds more. Nevertheless, the cover album remains a risky project that rarely stands out in an artist’s discography. With California Son, Morrissey works namely to unearth unexpected, obscured or even forgotten songs. The ex-Smiths singer’s favourite artists (New York Dolls, Patti Smith, Roxy Music, Bowie, Sparks etc.) are known to many yet are nowhere to be found on this album. With the help of seven collaborators (LP, Ed Droste of Grizzly Bear, Ariel Engle of Broken Social Scene, Petra Haden, Sameer Gadhia of Young the Giant, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day and Lydia Night of the Regrettes), Moz excels particularly on tracks by Roy Orbison, Melanie, Laura Nyro, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Bob Dylan, the 5th Dimension but also Jobriath, Phil Ochs, Tim Hardin, Joni Mitchell and Carly Simon. His voice acts as a driving force and is often exquisite, mastering each title (it’s astonishing on Dylan’s Only a Pawn in their Game). Above all, it’s a record we recommend to all Morrissey fans. – Max Dembo

Back
Top Bottom