Morrissey Central But Before You Go, Can You Look At The Truth - Fiona tweet, concert footage from 2011, UK doctors / vegan article (May 17, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
"OPINION"
unnamed-2_zrulji.jpg

"ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST"

"BUT BEFORE YOU GO, CAN YOU LOOK AT THE TRUTH?"
Adjustments_tgmiti.jpg

Fiona's tweet, concert footage (of Still Ill) & an article about UK doctors going vegan to prevent future global pandemics.

Last edited by a moderator:
more stage invaders than a game of space invaders.

Exellent response from my colleagues!!!!.
A year ago i do not eat meat .!! It is not for health but also to join the cause that MOZ so constantly supports!!.
Absolutely in agreement with the origin of many microorganisms and this case the famous virus leaped to our species by the manipulation of animals in China in China!!!!! ,,although some cannot or want to understand it !!!!!!
LOVE FOR MOZ!!!!!!

Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!

Such a delicate little flower (although Dodwell makes a fair point about the gigs. 'Morrissey can't sell out arenas' is a very odd criticism given that he couldn't for most of his career.

Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!

Such a delicate little flower (although Dodwell makes a fair point about the gigs. 'Morrissey can't sell out arenas' is a very odd criticism given that he couldn't for most of his career.

I think the reviews of his novel pushed him over the edge. The level of rage coming from unpublished & minor novelists was quite funny, but he probably didn't see it that way.

Huge numbers that filled several arenas?
By several, presumably she means three.
And by filled, presumably she means filled minus (literally) thousands of unsold tickets at all venues?

I think the reviews of his novel pushed him over the edge. The level of rage coming from unpublished & minor novelists was quite funny, but he probably didn't see it that way.
But that's disingenuous, because it implies journalists and unpublished/minor novelists only hated it out of spite and bitterness, and does not allow for the notion that it was simply terrible.

But that's disingenuous, because it implies journalists and unpublished/minor novelists only hated it out of spite and bitterness, and does not allow for the notion that it was simply terrible.

They hated it out of bitterness & spite because it was published & they thought it was terrible.

If a writer was lurching towards you they were probably going to splutter about List of the Lost at some point in the conversation. For weeks.

The fact of the matter is that Morrissey has released his finest album in many years and not one journalist will admit how atypical the sounds are for him and wonderful range of emotions expressed in this collection of quality pop songs.

The independent voice of reason. Right?

And by the way in case you hadn't noticed before, and I've been telling you long enough - La Dodwell's points are all about money.

Do you get it now?

Last edited:
that stage at the shrine was so high. i remember helping people up like doug and his pompadour. i feels like yesterday :(

Yes sure. Number three for a week and out of the charts. Didn’t chart anywhere else in the world except Poland. Half sold shows in small venues. Defend Morrissey if you want, but don’t spin reality when the facts don’t back you up.
The Morrissey brand is toxic.

The independent voice of reason. Right?

And by the way in case you hadn't noticed before, and I've been telling you long enough - La Dodwell's points are all about money.

Do you get it now?
I think you'll find the lady in questions point is about Morrissey's UK popularity. Then of course there's his world wide popularity that is still going strong. Which,it seems, annoys the shit out of you.

They hated it out of bitterness & spite because it was published & they thought it was terrible.

If a writer was lurching towards you they were probably going to splutter about List of the Lost at some point in the conversation. For weeks.
Because it was published and it WAS terrible. But that does raise an interesting question. I mean, at what point do you draw the line between personal opinion and fact? If I write a book, and every page just says: 'Fish fingers and custard tralalalalalahhhhh', and someone was mad enough to publish it, would it not be reasonable to say it was a terrible book? Or would that still just be spite on the part of journalists/unpublished authors? Or just someone's personal opinion, and therefore not conclusive?

I'm all for subjectivity in art but there surely comes a point, if a tsunami of people are all saying the same thing, when the consensus view becomes fact. I also think it's hard to imagine LotL fighting its way out of the slush pile had its author not been Morrissey.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom