Official Facebook Brief statement re: London gig (March 12, 2020)

20200312_223225.jpg

(Image used as FB URL isn't set to share correctly).

The most recent government advise issued today is that there are no restrictions on mass gatherings or community events.. The Morrissey show at Londons SSE arena on Saturday is scheduled to take place and is ON. We urge all fans to follow government advise and stay at home if you have any symptoms of the coronavirus or feel unwell.
Last remaining tickets available at morrisseyofficial.com

Morrissey looks forward to the show after 2 memorable shows in Leeds and cologne.

Regards,
FWD.

It's showing as a photo with the text attached.
Facebook is a law unto itself!
If not on the time line, see here (app version):

View attachment 55084

Regards,
FWD.
It's not showing up for me either, I suppose it's regionally limited. Pretty stupid considering that there are many fans who are travelling for the concert...

View attachment 55065
(Image used as FB URL isn't set to share correctly).

The most recent government advise issued today is that there are no restrictions on mass gatherings or community events.. The Morrissey show at Londons SSE arena on Saturday is scheduled to take place and is ON. We urge all fans to follow government advise and stay at home if you have any symptoms of the coronavirus or feel unwell.
Last remaining tickets available at morrisseyofficial.com

Morrissey looks forward to the show after 2 memorable shows in Leeds and cologne.

Regards,
FWD.

Not going to London. Only a little concerned until we read of the "herd immunity" strategy.
Frustrating but we want to avoid it for as long as we can. We won't be joining the herd on this occasion.

Think hard about this people!

"...if one person has it, how many other people do they in general, infect? With measles, one person can give it to 18. COVID-19, you generally spread it to two or three other people. But there was a study that came out of China a couple weeks [ago] where they said, if you get 100 people together for dinner, what percent, in general, of the people that come to these gatherings, will end up getting infected? And the number that came was about 35 percent of the people that attend these gatherings end up infected."

Out of 100 affected cases, 80% have mild symptoms, the other 20% are those with UNDERLYING CONDITIONS. So if you suffer from any illness or have any UNDERLYING CONDITION, don't leave your home and don't go to concerts. The rest of you , have a great time, unless you live with someone at risk, in which case don't go. Oh and wash your hands either way and sneeze into a hanky or the crook of your elbow. And buy shares in the vaccine when it comes out, cos that's where it's at.

Think hard about this people!

"...if one person has it, how many other people do they in general, infect? With measles, one person can give it to 18. COVID-19, you generally spread it to two or three other people. But there was a study that came out of China a couple weeks [ago] where they said, if you get 100 people together for dinner, what percent, in general, of the people that come to these gatherings, will end up getting infected? And the number that came was about 35 percent of the people that attend these gatherings end up infected."

If the 100 people were eating bat soup .......

from Pitchfork:

Amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Live Nation Entertainment is planning to cut short all of its tours through at least the end of March, according to a statement from the company. AEG Presents is also suspending its tours, according to The New York Times. Some Live Nation events planned for tonight and tomorrow (March 12 and 13) will still take place, according to Billboard. In addition, Live Nation is reportedly instructing its employees to work from home until the end of March. The company will reevaluate in April, with hopes of having its tours resume in May or June, according to Billboard. Find Live Nation’s statement below.

Artists who have current or upcoming Live Nation tours include: Billie Eilish, Cher, Kiss, Post Malone, TOOL, Morrissey, Thundercat, and Third Eye Blind. Billboard recently reported that Live Nation stocks have been hurt by the coronavirus outbreak.

Yes he's stupid and self centered enough
and is proud to sing about suicide, the warped f***.
Those packed in there tonight, breathing in the warm virus friendly air into your lungs, well,
that suicide could be your own
and it starts when you enter his show tonight.
Weren't you a writer for "Tales From The Darkside"?

Not going to London. Only a little concerned until we read of the "herd immunity" strategy.
Frustrating but we want to avoid it for as long as we can. We won't be joining the herd on this occasion.
No the flock mentality is easier. "Lockdown"! Ooooh the drama!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
It is on the timeline and attached to a photograph (grey smoke) - try the photos section.
The cog icon tells you the privacy/audience/share setting is not set correctly for everyone to see globally (see orange arrow).
The spelling and lack of a capitalised 'c' in Cologne is on them.

View attachment 55082

I'm not renowned for posting fake information and if it was suspect it would be indicated as such.
I haven't got time to 'inspect element' things and pass them off as real - especially when it is still on the official site.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for clearing that up. I don't doubt your ethics + I really respect what you do on this site (I'm not a regular poster but I consult the news section every couple of days). I just doubted the message and wanted to be sure (since I travel to LDN tomorrow). Regards, Vincent

Yeah, I saw "28 Days Later" as well. You won't catch me in London anytime.

I love Morrissey but going ahead with gig would be irresponsible. We're a few days ahead spread-wise here in Central Europe and almost everything is cancelled. It's all very well if your one of the symptomless infected youngsters but yea you will pass it one, and some of those might not be as healthy. Also... average Mozzie gig age last time I went was definitely 50+ but what with the teetotal vegan lifestyle we're all invincible or what???

It's not Morrissey's responsibility to cancel over a virus unless he has it.

Scotland goes dark on Monday. London really doesn't want to but probably will by next week.

Ludicrous.

Got tickets but have developed a dry cough today so would be irresponsible to go. £65 down the drain.
Go to doctor get Cipro, drink lots of inmunityplus tea. Ginger , turmeric lemon honey in your tea. Do not cough up on the air.

To all of you. Lovers or haters. Please wash wash your hands. Do not touch your face, your eyes,your mouth. If you are sick stay home. to all Eat healthy food , bust your immune system. This is the best medicine.to catch a illness. if you have underlying condicions more likely to catch any Ilness. Wash your f***ing hands like a surgeon. Thanks

DO NOT GO FRIENDS!

He will play again

look after your health and don’t catch a virus that you could then pass on to older relatives

your health and your family health is more valuable than a concert
Don't be crazy. Relax. Wash your hands.

I love Morrissey but going ahead with gig would be irresponsible. We're a few days ahead spread-wise here in Central Europe and almost everything is cancelled. It's all very well if your one of the symptomless infected youngsters but yea you will pass it one, and some of those might not be as healthy. Also... average Mozzie gig age last time I went was definitely 50+ but what with the teetotal vegan lifestyle we're all invincible or what???
Exactly this. I am not overly concerned that I could get it (although I really don't want to spend a week or two in bed), but I am concerned about the transmission we see occurring, and the fact that older or more vulnerable people could be put at risk by those whom are asymptomatic, barely showing symptoms, or those who are symptomatic but decide to go out in public anyways. No, this isn't armageddon, but it is extremely worrying and the fact that this virus is so new and unknown, we are entering uncharted territory. Science has already shown that it is mutating as well, which could be very bad news. I am getting real tired of people saying "it's just the flu," and other similar things. It's not. The amount of lung damage that we are seeing this inflict on a large percentage of the cases is not just the flu...

While I have tickets to several gigs across the UK over the next few months, I have already seen several of the artists I was planing on seeing post that they have decided to postpone their entire tours out of the safety of their fans and the public. Morrissey on the other hand, makes this fairly lame statement, posts absurd memes and jokes about Miley Cyrus. I am pretty sure that they is more concerned about his bank book rather than his fans tbh. He is the type that would think 'I only have to make it through this one night in London before all of my events are canceled, and I can at least walk away with xxxxxx £'s.' I think that with London currently being the place with clusters of the most cases, I would seriously think twice before going to any event this size at this time.

Exactly this. I am not overly concerned that I could get it (although I really don't want to spend a week or two in bed), but I am concerned about the transmission we see occurring, and the fact that older or more vulnerable people could be put at risk by those whom are asymptomatic, barely showing symptoms, or those who are symptomatic but decide to go out in public anyways. No, this isn't armageddon, but it is extremely worrying and the fact that this virus is so new and unknown, we are entering uncharted territory. Science has already shown that it is mutating as well, which could be very bad news. I am getting real tired of people saying "it's just the flu," and other similar things. It's not. The amount of lung damage that we are seeing this inflict on a large percentage of the cases is not just the flu...

While I have tickets to several gigs across the UK over the next few months, I have already seen several of the artists I was planing on seeing post that they have decided to postpone their entire tours out of the safety of their fans and the public. Morrissey on the other hand, makes this fairly lame statement, posts absurd memes and jokes about Miley Cyrus. I am pretty sure that they is more concerned about his bank book rather than his fans tbh. He is the type that would think 'I only have to make it through this one night in London before all of my events are canceled, and I can at least walk away with xxxxxx £'s.' I think that with London currently being the place with clusters of the most cases, I would seriously think twice before going to any event this size at this time.

Yeah, he just wants to kill thousands of people for cash. He's probably the one who started it in the first place & then blamed China.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom