Brandon Flower on Maladjusted and musical genres...

Maurice E

In this month's Clash:

Are you happy to be regarded as pop?
BF: "For me, growing up, I had no idea what indie was. I'd read interviews with Morrissey and when he referred to what he was, he'd always refer to himself as pop. And so for me, pop has always been really cool."

Whose albums did you hang on for their release?
Talks about Moz and The Cure then...
"I was 15 when Maladjusted came out and I went to see him in concert the year after when I was 16 on Halloween night. I can still say it was one of the best nights of my life. The songs on that album are wonderful."

moz did play utah on halloween in 1997,if i recall correctly.
i think he is from nevada, so maybe he just thinks it was a year later or he is simply lying.:p

Thanks, I've now calculated how much older I am than Brandon. :o:(
Do you think he likes cougars? :p

:D

he's married. neither of us can have him. :tears:

:confused: I'm sorry...I don't follow you.... :confused: Iz confused old lady

In this month's Clash:

Are you happy to be regarded as pop?
BF: "For me, growing up, I had no idea what indie was. I'd read interviews with Morrissey and when he referred to what he was, he'd always refer to himself as pop. And so for me, pop has always been really cool."

Did anyone else interpret this a lil bit like I did (asexual)? :D

Thi:

Cruelly, for a weight-conscious teenager, on dropping out of college and after a spell as a hotel bellhop, Flowers worked in a restaurant, once serving pizza to his all-time hero, Morrissey — “It was mushroom”. He told Morrissey how much he loved him and Morrissey wilfully ignored him. By 2004, Morrissey had asked the Killers to support him on tour in LA; they’re surely acquaintances at last? .”

he had talked a bit longer about the restaurant encounter and how ackward it was in q magazine didnt remember which issue (2007 maybe)..

he is actually from Utah and didn't move to Vegas till he was in his twenties..Except for Ambitious Outsiders (which I loathe) that is one hell of a set list he saw.

moz did play utah on halloween in 1997,if i recall correctly.
i think he is from nevada, so maybe he just thinks it was a year later or he is simply lying.:p

Maybe Brandon foresaw that the Killers would release Human as a single and therefore decided not to darken Morrissey's doorstep any further.

Instead he's merely darkened the whole of UK with his take on this very obscure Chris De Burgh/ Gary Numan duet.

Even Van Morrisson and Cliff Richard's duet had a little more verve to it.... even if it was a Xmas single in 1989. I'll get my coat

haha, Brandon. he is married, and has a kid. so neither of us can have him anyway....

plus, he's Mormon, I don't know if I could deal with that. :cool::p

dude, I was joking. Not only am I old...I've failed with my attempt at humor...:(:p

p.s. I think if we crossed paths (again) and he was willing, I'd be able :p He's one of those "freebie" cards my husband would allow me to play. :D

dude, I was joking. Not only am I old...I've failed with my attempt at humor...:(:p

p.s. I think if we crossed paths (again) and he was willing, I'd be able :p He's one of those "freebie" cards my husband would allow me to play. :D

haha sorry! it was late last night and im sick, my head is all cloudy :o:p

Back
Top Bottom