Boz interview - premierguitar.com

Boz Boorer: Triple Agent - Premier Guitar

Excerpt:

Premier Guitar gained an audience with the perpetually busy and disarmingly affable guitarist as he prepared dinner at his London home prior to absconding to Portugal for a recording session. Boorer opened up about his excellent solo work, his background as a player, working with the legendary Morrissey, and how he stays so hungry after many years in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Box rocks !!!

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :thumb:

Last edited:
Co-writer of Morrissey's best song, "Maladjusted" and many other great tunes. He's a very nice man and very loyal to Morrissey. Without him Morrissey might not have had the career he has had. In my opinion the live shows from @1995 are Morrissey at his peak. If you look at how Morrissey went from rockabilly in 1991 to Jimi Hendrix extended guitar meltdown freakouts a few years later it's pretty amazing and after Maladjusted "where could I go" was a pretty good question that took a few years to work out.

Co-writer of Morrissey's best song, "Maladjusted" and many other great tunes. He's a very nice man and very loyal to Morrissey. Without him Morrissey might not have had the career he has had. In my opinion the live shows from @1995 are Morrissey at his peak. If you look at how Morrissey went from rockabilly in 1991 to Jimi Hendrix extended guitar meltdown freakouts a few years later it's pretty amazing and after Maladjusted "where could I go" was a pretty good question that took a few years to work out.

Without him Morrissey might not have had the career he has had:mock:
That's a good one.

How does he eat so much and stay so hungry?

Maybe he has a tapeworm.
2 actually, one has the daytime shift and the other one the nightshift. :laughing:
I don't care.
He is a great multi-instrumental composer and musician.
I hope he enjoys every bit of his life.
Go Boz! :thumb:

Anyone else catch this part in the article where Boz is talking about Mr. Ronson?

"Alain Whyte, former Morrissey guitarist and current cowriter"

Is Alain back to providing more tunes for Morrissey that we don't know about? ;)

Morrissey's righthand man Boz Boorer recalls working with Ronson at a residential studio in Berkshire where he produced Morrissey's album Your Arsenal: "I can see him standing in front of a deafening Marshall head, dialling in a sound he could hear, he seemed to me like a master at work. Each morning, we would take the Racing Post, put on our bets for the day, then start work. When I felt I knew him well enough, I asked him if he was aware at the time he recorded these classics, how groundbreaking they were. He said: 'We knew they were good, but you just do your best.' Lovely, humble man."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/apr/25/mick-ronson-guitarist-sideman-starman

Boz has posted scans of his interview with 'Premier Guitar' magazine on his facebook page, includes some Moz stuff: https://www.facebook.com/BozBoorer/

One interesting little bit I spotted, is that Alain Whyte is referred to as 'former Morrissey guitarist and current cowriter'. I'm guessing this is a goof on the part of the interview writer, and Alain isn't actually back on the writing team? (though I'd love it to be true) https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1....=84e440440acb65dc486acdae2372aaa9&oe=599D645A

I agree that about the bio. would be really interesting from his time with the pole cats morrissey of course and even his other stuff/projects like solo albums or working with Adam ant. Ronson is of course amazing. He was in many ways the opposite of Bowie. A better technical composer musician and player minus the big ego (not a knock as it takes one to do what Bowie did imo) and grand before it's time vision. Even watching him play onstage he just kinda has a nonchalant stage presence of so what. As for Alain I don't think he is a current co writer. I'm pretty excited to see what they come up with his time around and what direction the music will take. Jesse wrote some of my fav songs for world peace and Gustavo made a really good first impression and it'll be neat to see what he comes up with now that he's been a member for a while

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom