Boston Orpheum Theatre (Dec. 7) cancelled "due to illness in the touring party" according to FB page

Orpheum Theatre posted in the FB event that the show has been cancelled.

Orpheum Theatre Boston
It is with great regret that we must inform you that tomorrow evening’s Morrissey performance at The Orpheum has been cancelled due to illness in the touring party. The Orpheum team apologizes greatly for this disappointment and wishes those who are ill a speedy recovery. Refunds are available at point of purchase.

Link posted by grlmopz:

Morrissey has cancelled his Boston show at The Orpheum - Vanyaland

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Stop giving Morrissey free pass to spew hatred by Jed Gottlieb - Boston Herald

Last edited by a moderator:
The Killers are the true headliner I saw them last night in Vancouver and Brandon Flower kicks Morrissey ass on a bad night. No excuses and the set is 2 hours not 90 minutes.

Was it the full band, at the recent Manchester gig it was Brandon and the drummer, the rest were session musicians?

Was it the full band, at the recent Manchester gig it was Brandon and the drummer, the rest were session musicians?

Full band and three backup singers they put on a great performance

The Boston Herald is suitably annoyed:

Stop giving Morrissey free pass to spew hatred.

"The King of the Trolls title is hard to win. Between professional Russian tweeters and amateur armies of online haters doing battle with everything from CNN to Starbucks, there is no shortage of competition. But even in this crowded field, Morrissey shines like a true champion.

If you haven’t been following the exploits of the former Smiths’ frontman, let’s fill you in: Recently the singer played blame the victim while talking about the Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein scandals. Morrissey didn’t side with abusers, but hinted victims encouraged them or didn’t do enough to dissuade them."

http://www.bostonherald.com/enterta...top_giving_morrissey_free_pass_to_spew_hatred

Regards,
FWD.

The Boston Herald is suitably annoyed:

Stop giving Morrissey free pass to spew hatred.

"The King of the Trolls title is hard to win. Between professional Russian tweeters and amateur armies of online haters doing battle with everything from CNN to Starbucks, there is no shortage of competition. But even in this crowded field, Morrissey shines like a true champion.

If you haven’t been following the exploits of the former Smiths’ frontman, let’s fill you in: Recently the singer played blame the victim while talking about the Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein scandals. Morrissey didn’t side with abusers, but hinted victims encouraged them or didn’t do enough to dissuade them."

http://www.bostonherald.com/enterta...top_giving_morrissey_free_pass_to_spew_hatred

Regards,
FWD.

The tide is gaining momentum. But this line..."No longer shy, he is now just criminally vulgar".

Ouch.

Just to add to the uncertainty - a response to a punter via FB Messenger when presented with the KROQ is cancelled information presented here by 'someone who works there':
20171207_185928.png

This came from the Morrissey Facebook group - so take with a pinch of salt.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Indeed. He is a vicious drunk and is notorious for throwing temper tantrums.
Are there any proof of this WHATSOEVER or anything substantial to back it up?

There is such a tide of bad reports about 'Himself' and I wonder how much is true.
My impression is that he is not a kind person. His Autobiography seems to support this.
The apparent adoption of right wing politics doesn't help either.
This is sad when one considers that his image was built around inclusivity and sensitivity.
Do the faithful here believe he is a kind man?

I am really glad you have the money to go to every show...no life. I have it on good authority that he has cancelled the Forum. "Sad Girl" posted the show on their website last night and removed it this morning. Do you require a screen capture?

Just to add to the uncertainty - a response to a punter via FB Messenger when presented with the KROQ is cancelled information presented here by 'someone who works there':
View attachment 43208
This came from the Morrissey Facebook group - so take with a pinch of salt.
Regards,
FWD.

The lack of formal notification to ticket-holders is astonishing.

If one was just a regular Boston-area fan who doesn't do Facebook, doesn't come to this website, and doesn't follow local news outlets closely, you'd have no idea that this show isn't happening tonight. I bet there will be people who turn up tonight expecting a show.

If you login to your Ticketmaster account, you will see that the event is marked as cancelled, but I for one have not gotten an email about it.

I am not the op, but I have also heard stories about him getting raging drunk with band members, at least while on tour, so there must be some grain of truth to these rumours. I have heard these things from very legitimate sources too, so I have no doubt that they are true. I have not heard about him being a nasty drunk though, unlike some other members of the band... He may be, or he may not, not many people would know (or at least spill out it). I do know he drinks himself into a stupor at least occasionally, but don't a lot of us? I am certainly guilty of that every now and then.

I am really glad you have the money to go to every show...no life. I have it on good authority that he has cancelled the Forum. "Sad Girl" posted the show on their website last night and removed it this morning. Do you require a screen capture?
What?
I don't go to every show - nor does anything I post on here with regards to the lack of information, misinformation or confusion around potential cancellations indicate otherwise.
So save your misplaced 'no life' and facetious comments for someone who actually gives a toss and who meets your incorrect assertion.
You would be better placed directing your ire at KROQ's FB messenger response (the only 'official' response so far) - as I have presented information as it has appeared in the wild for the exact same reasons you state on the main page post.
I require absolutely zero from you otherwise thanks.
FWD.

Last edited:
I wish if Morrissey had to sell his house to Johnny Depp he would have asked for more money on the grounds that Depp owns a private island.

I wonder if Moz has tried an anti-viral. I've never tried one because the last time I got sick I didn't know about them.

#iHeartMOZ

Are you people this stupid? I am beginning to think people on this board really are locked in padded rooms with little openings for "dumplings and hash" or whatever you eat in Brittin and other foreign lands. His house is directly in the path of all the multiple fires burning in LA right now and tomorrow is going to be the worst day with the winds. He isn't rich enough to re-build even with the insurance. The sad thing is, he is probably going to need the money from the Brittin February and March tour and won't be able to cancel like he planned after the release and good numbers of LIHS in "the uk".

Do the faithful here believe he is a kind man?

I'm not sure what it has to do with cancelling shows on grounds of illness, but this is something that's been on my mind a lot when I've thought about Morrissey recently. No one knows what he's really like in his private life, plus Morrissey has worked very hard to remain an "enigma", as they say, but there's been a lot of nasty details about his behavior and his treatment of others released since the 80's that are easily accessible through interview archives and some of those dreadful books about him/The Smiths that have made me wonder about his true character. Personally, I think he was once a kind man (and apparently so does everyone on the internet asking "what happened to the man who said 'it takes strength to be gentle and kind'?" in response to his terrible comments in the press). But I think he is also a very bitter man, and it seems that he's driven by bitterness and whatever disappointments he's had in life.

But what can you do? I didn't start listening to his records thinking that he was an ideal citizen or some kind of role model - which is part of why I struggle to understand the phenomenon of throwing away the records and merchandise of an artist when it turns out that they do not align with your personal politics, opinions, etc.

Another tour sputters to an embarrassing end...:straightface:
And here, I was the Polyanna this time, saying "What a sensible tour. Multiple days off in between dates, a sensible pace, I'd be surprised to see any cancellations."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom