Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

It's sad the he's upset that music press and press in general, who barely acknowledge him, don't acknowledge the passing of his mother.

Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020.
Really? Not trying to be funny, but does anyone in the general public know or care when the parents of any other pop/rock star dies?

"The sea wants to take me..." jumped out at me. I hope he is coping. "Terrible, terrible death" sounds very upsetting too.

"The sea wants to take me..." jumped out at me. I hope he is coping. "Terrible, terrible death" sounds very upsetting too.
That part definitely sticks out.
No "reconstruction" for him.
"... for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed...".
The whole post was quite upsetting to read.

I cannot imagine the pain. My mother is all I have and when she goes I don’t know what I’ll do. I can relate to his message 100%.

Life is very long when you’re lonely ☹️

Yes, same here. Quite worrying that part. Hope he finds some strength very soon.

Morrissey is experiencing one of the stages of grief, anger.
This is quite understandable. From my experience he must be
going through so many emotions right now. A roller-coaster.
Dear Moz, be kind to yourself. I promise that you will, in time,
start to feel better.

í am hanging my hopes on that last "However".

That part definitely sticks out.
No "reconstruction" for him.
"... for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed...".
The whole post was quite upsetting to read.

It’s probably best that he doesn’t post anymore on central.
If anyone sent that in a text or other electronic comms, you’d be concerned. I’d say here, there is no need to be concerned.

í am hanging my hopes on that last "However".

Me too. And on the fact that he sees and acknowledges the love displayed to him in the form of flowers.

tumblr_mycfoyT5oL1qmt9zjo1_500.gif

you people are all pathetic and those of you who buy into his melodrama are enablers. the best course of action would be to ignore it. "thats how people grow up".

you people are all pathetic and those of you who buy into his melodrama are enablers. the best course of action would be to ignore it. "thats how people grow up".
Aren't you romantic. Say hey to Eddie.

People are psychoanalyse Morrissey like you know him.
You don’t.
Seems like some on here have no lives of your own, to be honest. Girlafraid. You make out likes he’s a close relative and you know the ins and outs of him and his thought process. Sorry, you don’t. You might have read a book or 2, and been to a couple of gig but, it stops there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom