Bootlegs/downloads sites directory

davie. i need your help. file sharing sites are more strict these days and i was wonder if you know of a site, sense megaupload is closeed, that everyone can use? it took almost a year to upload all those and i will die if i find a filesharing site, then have it close down again after ive redone everything

Torrents beats filesharing, because it only depends on you.
All of your work can be gone in 5 seconds, and in torrenting you can have the files on your comp sharing with others.

I heard Filefactory is one of the "very few" filesharing sites still operational. I have downloaded bootlegs from there within the 6 months and everything has run smoothly, but I wouldn't put all my money on it being the most safest and secure filesharing site.

I wouldn't put anything on Mediafire anymore...they like to remove absolutely everything that goes on there now. They strictly monitor everything that passes them, though I'm not entirely sure what their views on bootlegs are...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am passing on all my stuff to MozRecordings, hopefully that site can get everything up and running again and we can have a full history of gigs and other bits.

Ive only sporadically collected recordings since 2007ish but before that there is quite a bit.

Drifter I can't believe what you went through with the mu closure as I remember well all the efforts back in the day. It was only the other day when I dug out an old hard drive I realised how much stuff there was. I remember uploading some stuff so you could share the history and it was a pain to upload at slow speeds so you had your work cut out. I also have a load of DVD and video stuff that I aim to get organized.

I suppose the important thing for me is that all those who have made the effort over the years with dodgy tape recordings, bazooka like cameras and the like have those efforts recorded. Some recordings are very poor, some are very good, of course time and modern media has made it a piece of cake now. However, being able to listen to a gig you were at is very special, no matter the quality because its part of our history, and even if you were not there and all the recording gives you is a distant Moz over a wild crowd you get something of the wild days they were back then.

Last saw Moz in Manchester this year, the hours before were brilliant as ever, talking, singing in the rain, having a blast. Then we ended up in some good seats at the front of the row and its started...can you sit down, excuse me, we'd like to see too. We're all getting old. Of course I moved along to a livelier section out of respect for other folk, but I had to say to them I am almost 50 and I thought this was still rock n roll and Manchester. 2004 the whole place was standing but time is clearly moving on, so to get all those wild, heady days recorded in any shape or form is good by me.

I'd really like to see a video history put up, although I imagine legal technicalities and no doubt that would be expensive, but it would be a fantastic historical document. I have ton of video material and would be willing to help anyone who fancied that challenge. Back in the day I popped up a view vids as they were not widely available, but I never had the time to even scrape the surface really of all that was available. Some of the footage of the 90s was brilliant, such intense concerts and none of your O2, GMEX, MEN shitty arenas.

Take care, passionate ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRYwbIsrgwE&list=UUO8cFpnnZ1E0ZyJfoDP4wPQ&index=22&feature=plcp

and the classic Boz on his arse...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cChVvckXpHU&list=UUO8cFpnnZ1E0ZyJfoDP4wPQ&index=23&feature=plcp

Actually just watched that Boz clip through agian and feel bad......he looked like he was well upset...."Ive broken my favourite guitar" look. I imagine he knacked his achiles....theres no coming back after that.......weight gain is inevitable.

Let me know if I can help you in any of your projects. I dont have a lot of time, but quite happy to provide copies of dvds, tv stuff, gigs, interviews, scans etc.

Cheers

I am passing on all my stuff to MozRecordings, hopefully that site can get everything up and running again and we can have a full history of gigs and other bits.

Ive only sporadically collected recordings since 2007ish but before that there is quite a bit.

Drifter I can't believe what you went through with the mu closure as I remember well all the efforts back in the day. It was only the other day when I dug out an old hard drive I realised how much stuff there was. I remember uploading some stuff so you could share the history and it was a pain to upload at slow speeds so you had your work cut out. I also have a load of DVD and video stuff that I aim to get organized.

I suppose the important thing for me is that all those who have made the effort over the years with dodgy tape recordings, bazooka like cameras and the like have those efforts recorded. Some recordings are very poor, some are very good, of course time and modern media has made it a piece of cake now. However, being able to listen to a gig you were at is very special, no matter the quality because its part of our history, and even if you were not there and all the recording gives you is a distant Moz over a wild crowd you get something of the wild days they were back then.

Last saw Moz in Manchester this year, the hours before were brilliant as ever, talking, singing in the rain, having a blast. Then we ended up in some good seats at the front of the row and its started...can you sit down, excuse me, we'd like to see too. We're all getting old. Of course I moved along to a livelier section out of respect for other folk, but I had to say to them I am almost 50 and I thought this was still rock n roll and Manchester. 2004 the whole place was standing but time is clearly moving on, so to get all those wild, heady days recorded in any shape or form is good by me.

I'd really like to see a video history put up, although I imagine legal technicalities and no doubt that would be expensive, but it would be a fantastic historical document. I have ton of video material and would be willing to help anyone who fancied that challenge. Back in the day I popped up a view vids as they were not widely available, but I never had the time to even scrape the surface really of all that was available. Some of the footage of the 90s was brilliant, such intense concerts and none of your O2, GMEX, MEN shitty arenas.

Take care, passionate ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRYwbIsrgwE&list=UUO8cFpnnZ1E0ZyJfoDP4wPQ&index=22&feature=plcp

and the classic Boz on his arse...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cChVvckXpHU&list=UUO8cFpnnZ1E0ZyJfoDP4wPQ&index=23&feature=plcp

The Smiths cover post is locked so i thought i'd post this here. sorry, it's on 8 tracks but that's where i found it. there are several covers i've not seen anywhere else. if you use firefox's browser and have the "download helper" add-on, you can download each song. unfortunately, you can't see the whole list until after it has played and it's almost 2 hrs long.

http://8tracks.com/spiderlegs/this-charming-band-covering-the-smiths

cheers!

Hey, do you know if any of those sites have sheet music or songbooks to download. I have been looking for Smiths songbooks in PDF format. If you know any place or anyone who has that please let me know!

Thanks, Toadster

Also here:
That's my share - same file name, same link url.
So I'm now doubting the 'FLAC' nature of the Dime seed.
The person sharing on Dime is 'Luke' too, but the recording shared here wasn't via anything other than FB live - I know as I ripped it.
Regards,
FWD.

Why can't we have nice things, eh?

Back
Top Bottom