Book of Condolence Thread

Sometimes in our lives we all have...we all have sorrow. Like right now.
A192B758-6519-452D-828E-93E64DCA9D10.gif

Used in the pre-show reel during the Morrissey tour of 1991:

RIP Honor.
FWD.

Patrick Gibson of the gibson brothers died

"This Saturday, April 4, 2020, Patrick Francfort of The Gibson Brothers died from COVID-19, the Coronavirus.

Patrick Francfort (Gibson) was one of Martinique’s The Gibson Brothers, a disco group that was very succesful in the 1970's. A statement from the band reads: My friend Patrick Frankfurt (aka Patrick Gibson) passed away this morning from Covid-19.

The Gibson Brothers are a France-based musical group, who had their greatest success during the disco boom of the late 1970s. Their best known hit singles were "Come To America", "Cuba" and "Que Sera Mi Vida". The three brothers, Chris (born 20 June 1954) - (lead vocals, percussion), Patrick (vocals, drums) and Alex (vocals, keyboards) were born on Martinique in the West Indies. They recorded their first single "Come to America" in Paris in 1976. Both this single and its follow-up "Non Stop Dance" made the charts in Europe, where they toured successfully." (source: youtube)

Pentti Linkola, the ecofascist philosopher, died yesterday. Not a vegan, unfortunately, but otherwise a thinker of provocative thoughts. A hater, commendably, of unmitigated breeding (its babbling baby-worship and pridefulness) and its effects on the earth and the animals. Also quite the Luddite. (A brief overview). Into Tuonela he goes.

my name is pussy galore.
bond-I must be dreaming.rip-honor blackman.

Patrick Gibson of the gibson brothers died

"This Saturday, April 4, 2020, Patrick Francfort of The Gibson Brothers died from COVID-19, the Coronavirus.

Patrick Francfort (Gibson) was one of Martinique’s The Gibson Brothers, a disco group that was very succesful in the 1970's. A statement from the band reads: My friend Patrick Frankfurt (aka Patrick Gibson) passed away this morning from Covid-19.

The Gibson Brothers are a France-based musical group, who had their greatest success during the disco boom of the late 1970s. Their best known hit singles were "Come To America", "Cuba" and "Que Sera Mi Vida". The three brothers, Chris (born 20 June 1954) - (lead vocals, percussion), Patrick (vocals, drums) and Alex (vocals, keyboards) were born on Martinique in the West Indies. They recorded their first single "Come to America" in Paris in 1976. Both this single and its follow-up "Non Stop Dance" made the charts in Europe, where they toured successfully." (source: youtube)

sad,cuba was a great song.

John prine. Such a huge part of my life . first memories of riding in our car while my mother played his songs

John prine. Such a huge part of my life . first memories of riding in our car while my mother played his songs
i read a few days ago he had been delivered to hospital with cov19 symptoms. sorry to hear he died. he will be missed.
i remember that i discovered his music in the local public library, copied the tape and gave it to someone i once knew quite well. this person then bought several of prine's cds and tapes and gave them to his co-workers and neighbors telling them he had just discovered john prine in a local vinyl shop and was now the biggest fan. he actually believed it. i wasnt mentioned with a single word bc this wouldnt have contributed to the image he wanted to create of himself, an american who knows where the good apples grow and lets you know about it. a pioneer of good taste in music.
he thought that prine would be a star if he looked better, which is probably true.
so, john prine was the first one who taught me something about narcissism. still listen to his music once in awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
i read a few days ago he had been delivered to hospital with cov19 symptoms. sorry to hear he died. he will be missed.
i remember that i discovered his music in the local public library, copied the tape and gave it to someone i once knew quite well. this person then bought several of prine's cds and tapes and gave them to his co-workers and neighbors telling them he had just discovered john prine in a local vinyl shop and was now the biggest fan. he actually believed it. i wasnt mentioned with a single word bc this wouldnt have contributed to the image he wanted to create of himself, an american who knows where the good apples grow and lets you know about it. a pioneer of good taste in music.
he thought that prine would be a star if he looked better, which is probably true.
so, john prine was the first one who taught me something about narcissism. still listen to his music once in awhile.

He was obviously talented but more so he played a style of music that’s increasingly hard to find on the surface or in the public consciousness music that in detail and humor and sympathy chronicles the lives of ordinary average people

He was obviously talented but more so he played a style of music that’s increasingly hard to find on the surface or in the public consciousness music that in detail and humor and sympathy chronicles the lives of ordinary average people
well said. his lyrical voice embodied all that and more thus offering among many other things an alternative to drugs and violence.

Pentti Linkola, the ecofascist philosopher, died yesterday. Not a vegan, unfortunately, but otherwise a thinker of provocative thoughts. A hater, commendably, of unmitigated breeding (its babbling baby-worship and pridefulness) and its effects on the earth and the animals. Also quite the Luddite. (A brief overview). Into Tuonela he goes.

From his Wikipedia:
"He supported acts of terrorism such as the 2004 Madrid train bombings as he viewed them as disruptions to a society that is responsible for the degradation of the Earth. When asked in 2007 why he had not himself become a terrorist, Linkola said that he lacked the ability and bravery."

Truly worthy of commemoration, thanks for that :rolleyes::crazy:

Cared so much about the environment but wasn't himself a vegan; applauded others' acts of terrorism but wasn't "brave enough" to do it himself. What a guy, and what a "thinker of provocative thoughts". Was he related to Urbanus?

From his Wikipedia:
"He supported acts of terrorism such as the 2004 Madrid train bombings as he viewed them as disruptions to a society that is responsible for the degradation of the Earth. When asked in 2007 why he had not himself become a terrorist, Linkola said that he lacked the ability and bravery."

Truly worthy of commemoration, thanks for that

Cared so much about the environment but wasn't himself a vegan; applauded others' acts of terrorism but wasn't "brave enough" to do it himself. What a guy, and what a "thinker of provocative thoughts". Was he related to Urbanus?

As far as I'm aware, he was a pescetarian who fished for his own meals. He didn't object to subsistence hunting, either. In both cases this is animal slaughter, but compared to factory farms, it's the taking of a life lived freely in the wild, not one bred for slaughter and kept suffering and miserable while alive. So, while not a vegan, he was still more pure than most.

Terrorism is a thorny issue. I believe Morrissey himself in the past has said that he sympathizes with animal rights terrorists on the grounds of something like "violence is the only language the slaughterers understand." I have no idea who Urbanus is. That sounds like a Latin or Dutch name. Linkola was Finnish.

Last edited:
09Drucker4-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

RIP Mort Drucker - instantly recognisable through his artwork with caricatures in Mad Magazine.
Died aged 91.

Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom