Book and Film Titles in Other Languages

Franzanna

In retirement
I've been looking online for book titles in German this morning so I can write about a book I like in my German oral. Sadly, I can't seem to find many. I'll continue looking, but if anyone can list some (especially 'The L-Shaped Room'), that would be great. :)

I know 'The Devil Wears Prada' in Italian, should it help anyone - 'Il Diavolo Veste Prada'. :p

I've been looking online for book titles in German this morning so I can write about a book I like in my German oral. Sadly, I can't seem to find many. I'll continue looking, but if anyone can list some (especially 'The L-Shaped Room'), that would be great. :)

I know 'The Devil Wears Prada' in Italian, should it help anyone - 'Il Diavolo Veste Prada'. :p

Why not try amazon or another major bookseller site? They usually list other language versions too.

Or you can google the name of the author and in language settings you put German. This would list the German titles of their books etc.

"The L-Shaped Room" = "Das indiskrete Zimmer" in German :)

Thank you! I went looking for it this morning on google.de, and the results just had the title in English. It's certainly better than my literal translation of "das L-förmig Zimmer". :p Do you know if "The Boat That Rocked"'s title is translated? I did a search on google.de this morning, and no translations on there either.

EP - they were good ideas. I tried Amazon, but it didn't work - they don't sell "The L-Shaped Room" in German. :(

And in French it's, "Pamplemousse".

Wha-? But that's grapefruit! :p

Thank you! I went looking for it this morning on google.de, and the results just had the title in English. It's certainly better than my literal translation of "das L-förmig Zimmer". :p Do you know if "The Boat That Rocked"'s title is translated? I did a search on google.de this morning, and no translations on there either.

EP - they were good ideas. I tried Amazon, but it didn't work - they don't sell "The L-Shaped Room" in German. :(

Wha-? But that's grapefruit! :p

I know, it was a joke. It was the first French word that popped into my head.

Oh dear. In my French oral, I just said all the titles in English. :o I also asked what was the French word for 'close'.

The official German title of "The Boat That Rocked" is "Radio Rock Revolution" (no joke!). Who the :confused: comes up with such an inspirational :crazy: German "translation"?

Is the film any good?

The official German title of "The Boat That Rocked" is "Radio Rock Revolution" (no joke!). Who the :confused: comes up with such an inspirational :crazy: German "translation"?

Is the film any good?

xDDD Wow... I might as well keep it as "The Boat That Rocked"! :p Yeah,it's pretty good. :) My German teacher corrected my answers, and now I can learn them. I can remember the first answer straight away - man soll Sport treiben, weil es gesund ist. Viele Leute treiben Sport zum Spass.

Back
Top Bottom