Bob Dylan - Murder Most Foul #6 in UK download chart

Just realized that The Jimi Hendrix Experience album, Electric Ladyland is really called Electric Dylan.

I'm absolutely positive that it is intentional. I can't find anything online about it.

There is an article on NME about Hendrix's record collection:

"Bob Dylan – ‘Highway 61 Revisited’

In 1965, as a struggling musician in New York, Hendrix was already enough of a Dylan fan to spend his last money on this album. The Brook Street copy of this LP has Hendrix’s blood on its sleeve, after he cut his hand on a broken wine glass then picked up the album.

That and the fact that Hendrix had more albums by Dylan than any other musician/band in his collection; 7 albums in all:

"Dylan – ‘The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan’, ‘Blonde On Blonde’, ‘John Wesley Harding’, ‘Greatest Hits’, ‘Highway 61 Revisited’, ‘Bringing It All Back Home’, ‘Nashville Skyline’"

There's a list here that contains The All Time Top 3,000 Albums.

The only albums on that list that contain 'dylan' are Bob Dylan's and Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland.

Unbelievable amount of great music on that list. If you like The Smiths and Morrissey, take a look.

There's another list here from the same site as the albums one above. This list is the Top Songs Of All Time. 10,000 of them.

The only mention of 'dylan' is Bob Dylan's name. He has 90 songs in that list. One of which is first.

The Smiths have 23 and Morrissey has 11. So technically, Morrissey has 34 songs in that list. Pretty f***ing amazing really.

I'm absolutely positive that it is intentional. I can't find anything online about it.

There is an article on NME about Hendrix's record collection:

"Bob Dylan – ‘Highway 61 Revisited’

In 1965, as a struggling musician in New York, Hendrix was already enough of a Dylan fan to spend his last money on this album. The Brook Street copy of this LP has Hendrix’s blood on its sleeve, after he cut his hand on a broken wine glass then picked up the album.

That and the fact that Hendrix had more albums by Dylan than any other musician/band in his collection; 7 albums in all:

"Dylan – ‘The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan’, ‘Blonde On Blonde’, ‘John Wesley Harding’, ‘Greatest Hits’, ‘Highway 61 Revisited’, ‘Bringing It All Back Home’, ‘Nashville Skyline’"

One time Jimi said somethin' like how him and The Experience tried to look like "three little Bob Dylans".
That's why the had their hair like that.
Here's that story about Jimi spendin' his last five dollars one a Dylan record.

One time Jimi said somethin' like how him and The Experience tried to look like "three little Bob Dylans".
That's why the had their hair like that.
Here's that story about Jimi spendin' his last five dollars one a Dylan record.

Thanks for posting that.

The hair thing is really interesting. This pic shows Jimi with a copy of Dylan's Blonde on Blonde leaning against Jimi's chair. Jimi's hair is exactly like Bob's:

1*3gQmlpQpY4jMP1PckYYGdw.jpeg

This is epic!

Bob Dylan - Don't Look Back

Part 1/3

Part 2/3

Part 3/3

Happy Birthday, Bob!

"Davey Moore was an American boxer whose career spanned 1953 to 1963. Known as "The Little Giant", Moore stood at only 5 feet 2 inches (157 cm). On March 18, 1959, Moore won the World Featherweight Title from Hogan Bassey. Moore held the title for four years and three days, defending it five times before losing it to Cuban Sugar Ramos on March 21, 1963. During the fight with Ramos in Dodgers Stadium, Moore was knocked down into the ropes during the 10th round. Moore lost by technical knockout at the end of the 10th round and Ramos took the title. Moore walked back to his dressing room and conducted post-fight interviews, stating his desire to fight Ramos again and regain the title. After reporters left he complained of headaches and fell unconscious. He was taken to White Memorial Hospital where he was diagnosed with inoperable brain damage. Moore never regained consciousness and died as a result of the affliction on March 25, 1963."

"Bob Dylan Has a Lot on His Mind

In a rare interview, the Nobel Prize winner discusses mortality, drawing inspiration from the past, and his new album, “Rough and Rowdy Ways.”"

"Bob Dylan, Rough and Rowdy Ways, review:
one long, magnificent riddle for his most loyal fans
***** 5/5

The wise old poet has stirred up a cryptic cauldron of truths and clues, philosophy, myths and magic"

This record is really gettin' some high praises all around.
Some guy even said "It’s bizarre, eccentric, unlike anything else he or anyone else has done."
I'm over here about to get a new Bob record after just gettin' a new Moz record.
On the musical side, these are the finest of times!

Not long now! Anyone going to listen to Rough And Rowdy Ways at midnight on Spotify?

Not long now! Anyone going to listen to Rough And Rowdy Ways at midnight on Spotify?

It was already midnight in The Wild Turkey Community.
The whole things a winner.
Can't stop listenin' to I've Made Up My Mind To Give Myself To You at the moment though.

Back
Top Bottom