BMG's Korda Marshall on "Low In High School" first week sales

My apologies if this already was posted here or in another thread. I thought this was a nice little blurb on the LIHS first-week sales that BMG posted, complete with an accolade by Korda himself:

UK: Morrissey's Low In High School marks eleventh consecutive Top 10 UK album - BMG
BMG UK
24 Nov 2017

Morrissey’s latest album Low In High School, his first released through BMG, has landed at number five on the UK Album charts, marking his eleventh consecutive Top 10 album in the UK. The album also topped the Independent Album charts, Vinyl chart, and Cassette chart.

Released on November 17, Low In High School is Morrissey’s eleventh studio album and first since announcing a partnership with BMG on launching his new label Etienne Records.

Korda Marshall said, “This is an incredible result. It’s the first Morrissey album of his career to be released in the fourth quarter and not only he has shown he can compete in the busiest time of the year, he has exceeded first week sales of his last album. Morrissey is back in a big way.”

Leading up to the release of the album, Morrissey announced his first UK tour since 2015 and the Los Angeles City Council declared November 10 as “Morrissey Day” in LA.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the label releasing the album... so of course they are going to say that it is his best album, that it's a must-have. I am sure that BMG did not become a big label by giving bad reviews to their own products/releases.

I like LIHS... I simply meant that a review by BMG is not exactly a review.
that wasn't the question,the question was whether or not BMG had commented whether they liked it or not.i was just providing the answer that they had.

that wasn't the question,the question was whether or not BMG had commented whether they liked it or not.i was just providing the answer that they had.

Yes, Gordyboy... I simply meant that it's BMG talking about a release by BMG. They are expected to say good things about their releases (they would be insane if they did something different).

The album is weak. Total rubbish, really. ...but yeah... The Stones are an excellent example. Like Morrissey, they should have quit and spared us all the bullshit over 30 years ago. ...dropping Elvis in the same breathe? Get a tiny grip, shooter.

Only “regulular jack-ass” in this dialogue is you, son.
Oh hey, go f*** yourself.

This artistic concept of LIHS (A-side / B-side) is totally unknown to underdeveloped peasants who whine 24/7 on M-SoLow.
Tom Jones did it the best. Invite your lady over, pour a drink or two while listening to the upbeat and poppy A side, and then when you flip it to side B- Bam! Sexy music for sexy times. What a wingman!
All I got when I tried that with Low in High School was a kick in the crotch and a lecture on vegan morality.

LIHS is one of the best albums he has ever done; a definite 10/10 for me. Perfection! And he hever says anything dumb! Everything out of his mouth is gospel! I bought 80 copies! Der Spiegal lies! Italian Police lie! If it didn't come out of his mouth he didn't say it!

:rock::lbf::rolleyes:

Guess who I am pretending to be!

If you are pretending how the hell would I know if I can’t see the words coming from your mouth, so you didn’t say them and you pretending to be someone one else failed.

the only album iv ever experienced with almost two sides was david sylvians brilliant trees,side a was so good listened to the b side once and never went back to it again,wierd isn't it.

Buena venta, mala música...
Les regalo su Morrissey
Muchas gracias. Ahora sólo falta que AztecCamera comience otra vez con su idea de que toda persona que no vive en USA es de México. No sé si el mundo está lleno de gente aburrida, pero los locos abundan.

I can speak in tongues too! :crazy:

I reckon I don't speak Mexican like Morrissey. I just know how to order combo#4 "The Morrissey Special" at Los Panchos that he sends Damon or lil' Sammy to get. It's 8 rolled potato tacos and an extra large portion of refried beans with a Mexican coffee.

Last edited:
"I Bury the Living" is groundbreaking in that Morrissey has the courage to break free from the bullshit, "thank you for your service" nonsense of the brainwashed masses. About time someone had the guts to say it lyrically.

It’s because of the “brainwashed masses” that fought the Nazis in WW 2 that His Mozjesty has the freedom to be the foulmouthed “humasexual” he is today. If the Nazis had won the war Morrissey would have been exterminated a long time ago. No place for the likes of him in the Third Reich. Remember that Johnny Ray, when you leave your braindead comments.

It’s because of the “brainwashed masses” that fought the Nazis in WW 2 that His Mozjesty has the freedom to be the foulmouthed “humasexual” he is today. If the Nazis had won the war Morrissey would have been exterminated a long time ago. No place for the likes of him in the Third Reich. Remember that Johnny Ray, when you leave your braindead comments.
It is actually Johnnie Ray. Your comment is ironic as "I Bury The Living" is actually an anti fascist protest song.

I reckon I don't speak Mexican like Morrissey. I just know how to order combo#4 "The Morrissey Special" at Los Panchos that he sends Damon or lil' Sammy to get. It's 8 rolled potato tacos and an extra large portion of refried beans with a Mexican coffee.
Seriously, what is your purpose for being here? Can someone please help me with this?

Seriously, what is your purpose for being here? Can someone please help me with this?
Yeah. I got you covered Judy Rae...

He’s here as a reasonable, cognitively sound counter-balance to your ball-washing and rim-job drivel.

You follow, kiddo?

Tom Jones did it the best. Invite your lady over, pour a drink or two while listening to the upbeat and poppy A side, and then when you flip it to side B- Bam! Sexy music for sexy times. What a wingman!
All I got when I tried that with Low in High School was a kick in the crotch and a lecture on vegan morality.

then you shouldn't try to date Brummie, no matter how good he looks in a dress to you!

;)

just imagine if those German soldiers refused to be soldiers and not fight....

just imagine if those German soldiers refused to be soldiers and not fight....

But what would have happened to the German identity then? You know, the one that Morrissey was so worried in the Der Spiegel interview.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom