Blog Comments

Tibby

Morrissey Lover
When I reply to a comment someone leaves on my blog I get a message that says it needs to approved by me to be visable.I don`t use that setting for my blog.Any help would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
Blog users are limited, it's up to each blog user to approve or remove comments on his / her blog.

Some blog users would like to interact with the people who left comments, but in your case you can change the setting not accept comments.

I believe David would not like to change the blog settings for just one user because others do not have problem with it.

When I reply to a comment someone leaves on my blog I get a message that says it needs to approved by me to be visable.I don`t use that setting for my blog.Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi Tibby.

If you don't want to have to approve comments before they are posted, you can change the default setting.

If you still want to approve them before they show, you can approve individual comments at the post level.

So... to change the default, go to Blog Settings (at the top of your blog). Click tab. Then click on Permissions & Privacy from the menu on the left. Then under Default Entry Options, uncheck Moderate comments before displaying. Then Save.

To approve an individual comment, go to the the blog entry. Check the box next to the comment. Then click the grey Moderation tab. It opens a window. Click approve comments. Then click Proceed. You can also delete comments if you need to.

PM me if you have any trouble. :)

Hi Tibby.

If you don't want to have to approve comments before they are posted, you can change the default setting.

If you still want to approve them before they show, you can approve individual comments at the post level.

So... to change the default, go to Blog Settings (at the top of your blog). Click tab. Then click on Permissions & Privacy from the menu on the left. Then under Default Entry Options, uncheck Moderate comments before displaying. Then Save.

To approve an individual comment, go to the the blog entry. Check the box next to the comment. Then click the grey Moderation tab. It opens a window. Click approve comments. Then click Proceed. You can also delete comments if you need to.

PM me if you have any trouble. :)

Thanks for your help. RB ! :)

Back
Top Bottom