Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Beethoven Was Deaf

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Swords

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The HMV/Parlophone Singles '88-'95

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
That's a tough call. In the end, I chose The HMV/Parlophone Singles '88-'95.
I'm still not sure though... t does make a great introduction to Morrissey, I think at least.

World of Morrissey is kinda crap though IMHO... It's just way too scattered, you know?

Bona Drag is my favourite, it's closely in front of Louder Than Bombs...I just feel Bona Drag is more upbeat and an album I play a lot more when I'm on my own in any mood. Plus Gannon and Reilly play brilliantly on the album!

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for 'Bona Drag'. Beautiful album. If compilations are included, then I'd say that it's my favourite solo Morrissey album. 'Swords' should have been the 'Bona Drag' of this generation, but it seems that too many critics and fans couldn't get past the "just another compilation" mentality to let that happen. A bigger push (and a better album cover!) may have helped in this.

It's like when Holden was visiting the museum, waiting for his little sister, and he thought maybe something at the museum had changed since he'd seen it last, and loved it as a child, but no, it was he who had changed.

And thus was it always so with Morrissey fans.

I remember standing in line, Wolvehampton, December 1988, surrounded by bequiffed fans complaining Viva Hate wasn't "as good as The Smiths..."

As for the question, I think My Early Burglary Years is an excellent compilation.

Last edited:
Where strictly catalog releases were concerned? Nothing.

Otherwise? A shitload of excellent, fully formed outtakes...Striptease, Please Help, Oh Phony, Safe Warm, Lifeguard...

Do you want me to continue?

I have the sneaking suspicion you want to, so please...be my guest

Back
Top Bottom