Best Moz solo gig you've been to and you wish you'd have been to?

Bluebirds

London Palladium May 28th 2006

the one in Santiago 2000

3 stand out in my mind above the other 35 or so I have been to:

the 2nd show I went to, Nov. 4th 1991, it opened awesomely and I remember him having a band aid or something you could see on him
I have always assumed this was some sort of reference to the previous gig in L.A.(a few days earlier)
that I went to @ UCLA, where a riot broke out :lbf:
hey man, thats they way I remember it, if it meant something different then sue me

October 9th, 1999 @ the Coachella Festival
I had not seen Morrissey perform for a while and I think this was the first show of his I took my exWife to, at some point I may have even put on my shoulders so she could get a better look at him, anyways, the whole event was terribly romantic is burned into my memory and soul forever more :blushing:

November 12th, 2004 Universal Amphitheater
This was the first Moz gig I went to after my exWife left me and well, so it was special in many, many, many weird ways I shall not go into here, but seriously, that gig, his singing, it restored some of the life to my dying soul
thank you, thank you, thank you forever my Morrissey :love:

ps: since then there have been some real good gigs, especially the ones up here at the Fillmore, but none like those 3 I think...

I've only seen Morrissey once at that was at the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park.

I wish I'd have gone to his birthday gig in Manchester back in May but I couldn't afford it (accommodation, transport fares, etc..)

I went to his gig at the Liverpool Echo Arena but you can't really count that one can you?!

One of my top favorites in terms of overall fun: Dublin, June '08
Most emotional: RAH, Oct '09
Wish I had gone to: Dublin, Nov '09

Best one...probably my first, Nottingham Arena Dec 2006. The crowd were rubbish but I was dead centre on the barrier and he sang please please please which was the last thing I expected...:love:

I was at the Liverpool Echo one and I wish that one had gone ahead properly because it was looking like it was going to be amazing :tears:

Liverpool empire 1991 i was right on the barrier. Dundee 1991 v intimate
Bremen 2009 fabulous. The birthday gig wonderful night!!

Alan

One is not enough.

In chronological order the best were..

Nov 24 1995 - Dublin (Ireland), Point Depot
Oct 2 2002 - Dublin (Ireland), Ambassador Theatre
Oct 3 2002- Dublin (Ireland), Ambassador Theatre

22 May 2004
M.E.N. Arena, Manchester, England

Jun 5 2004 - Dublin (Ireland), Heineken Green Energy Festival

Jul 11 2004 - Manchester (UK), Move Festival

June 28 2008 - Dublin (Ireland), Royal Hospital Kilmainham

May 22 2009 - Manchester (UK), Apollo
May 23 2009- Manchester (UK), Apollo

Nov. 23 2009 - Dublin (Ireland), The National Stadium

I'd like to have been at Wolverhampton in '88.

Last edited:
The best, his birthday gig in Manchester last year. Queued for 14 hours and got right on the barrier. Most memorable night of my life (bar my wedding)

The gig I most wished I could of been at, probably the wolverhampton gig in 1988.

The most intense was the 50th birthday, but the best has got to have been the first time - Hyde Park in July 08 - simply because it was a dream come true for me.

Cleveland 07, finally got front row and was able to shake his hand.

Wish I would have gone to one of the birthday shows in Manchester.

I was told that Berlin, Hamburg, and the 2 G-Mex gigs in 2006 and Hyde Park 2008 were very good, but was too pissed to remember:o

But agree with a few comments on here - Move Festival 2004.
So much better than the hype of the MEN Arena and also I was with both of my daughters that day too (then aged 13 and 11):guitar::cool:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Rome, Ostia Antica...Tormentor's Tour...

Seeing Moz play in a Roman Amphitheatre, the (many) stage invasions, the ancient ruins and later (much later) drinking the hotel bar dry...

So many special moments.
Tower Theater - 2004
Aragon Ballroom - 2006 - my 30th birthday
Richmond/DC 2009
Roundhouse 2008 - Meeting Jukebox Jury for the first time and the Quarry nights:guitar:
5 nights at Hammerstein 2007
San Diego 2009

But I guess Philadelphia at the Mann Center in 2007 was most special since it was my first time on the rail and first handshake. I had a weeks worth of shows planned that were all canceled and my friends were all totally bumming.

Philly was one of the few to get rescheduled and the vibe that night was incredible..The Queen is Dead, Whatever Happens I Love You, National Front Disco and Playboys for an encore..What a night!

Being at one of the birthday gigs would have been great, and I wish I had found out about Great Yarmouth in time, because I would have definitely gone- it's an intimate little theatre and I would have found it kind of special to see Morrissey in a seaside town in my home county. Swindon was a terrible shame- the vibe before the show and the atmosphere during TCM that night was fantastic, and it could have been a great night.

*Shrug*. But all this hypothesizing on my part is down to luck and circumstance really. I'll see him sometime, I'll see him somewhere.

Sorry, I really depress even myself sometimes. :p I really enjoyed hearing about everyone else's experiences though. :)

London Palladium May 28th 2006

This is one of my favourites. We were desperate to go but had no tickets and decided to travel to London to risk it with the touts. On the way out of the tube I just happened to speak to a young lad who was selling tickets in the 4th row centre at face value. It was an amazing and wonderful night.

But the real favourite has to be Hyde Park because my husband proposed. In the middle of a huge crowd as we jumped up and down he just slipped the ring on. Very private and secret in this very public space. And then I was like...umm, Morrissey is on stage..and we carried on dancing and jumping.

Back
Top Bottom