Belgian Teenager Fell Asleep During A Tattoo Gone Wrong!

Pachinko

Book Whore
BRUSSELS - A Belgian teenager has told police how she emerged from a tattoo parlor with 56 stars over one side of her face, rather than the three she had asked for, prosecutors said on Tuesday.

"I said this part, the top, is ok, but not the rest," Kimberley Vlaeminck from the city of Kortrijk, 56 miles northwest of Brussels, told Belgian broadcaster VRT.

The 18-year-old said she fell asleep during the procedure, and woke up in pain when her nose was being tattooed.

Story continues below ↓

A spokesman for Kortrijk prosecutors' office said police were investigating after a complaint from the teenager.

The tattoo artist said Vlaeminck had agreed to 56 stars.

"She agreed, but when her father saw it, the trouble started," Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws quoted the man as saying.

Vlaeminck said she wanted to keep the tattoos on her forehead but would have the rest removed.

:crazy: (Well, if anyone can come up with a pic of Ms. Vlaeminck with these 56 stars on her face, please add it to thread. Thank you.) Also, I wanted to put my 2 cents in here- I don't know the proceedure for getting a tattoo in Brussels but unless the tattoo artist knocked her out with some sort of painkiller, it's almost impossible to fall asleep while getting a tattoo. Think of the pain! Especially on the face and forehead. I don't believe this person didn't know what she was doing.

Last edited:
i wish i could fall asleep when getting tattooed.

i lol'd soooooo hard when i read this in the metro

I think the only person who could fall asleep when getting tattooed is either dead or catatonic.

I know! Her tolerance for pain is incredible! :(

I know! Her tolerance for pain is incredible! :(

I saw this on the news and there the tatoo artist said that it was all a big lie, that she was happy with the result and after her dad and boyfriend told her off for the tattoo she came up with this story. And to be honest, I'd rather believe him than the girl. Fall asleep while being tattooed? Por favor! Are her facial nerves dead or what?

Thank you, Corkian!!:)

You're welcome. :)

There is also a video on the BBC Website

And if anyone is interested, this is the tattoo artist:

6a00d83451b46269e20115712161fe970b-200wi

I saw this on the news and there the tatoo artist said that it was all a big lie, that she was happy with the result and after her dad and boyfriend told her off for the tattoo she came up with this story. And to be honest, I'd rather believe him than the girl. Fall asleep while being tattooed? Por favor! Are her facial nerves dead or what?

I agree.

Last edited:
i lol'd soooooo hard when i read this in the metro

I agree with you! That girl is lying. There's no possible way she slept through this! Once I saw a guy about her age and his head and face were covered with tribal Maori designs. I thought, "God he's going to regret that later on." I mean, eventually this girl is going to have a very hard time finding a job, unless she decides to work in a tattoo parlor. :o

I agree with you.

Sweet Jeezus! :eek: You can take out piercings but those tats are forever. I've been pierced (side of nose, stud on bottom lip.) and I can't believe he has all of those rings on his lip! Years ago I tried to enlarge my earlobes like that and got almost to a button sized hole in each ear where I put the plug (a tattoo artist pierced me.) in 2004 I had all of my piercings taken out.

I reckon she's lying. Fell asleep whist having her face tattooed? I think not. Still, the tattooist has offered to pay for half of the laser surgery to get those monstrosities removed.

I reckon she's lying. Fell asleep whist having her face tattooed? I think not. Still, the tattooist has offered to pay for half of the laser surgery to get those monstrosities removed.

Oh, I didn't realize the tattooist has offered to pay for half of the laser surgery- that's cool of him.

He may at least not judge people based on their appearance and therefore would be a better human than both of you. :(

That is not entirely true. Stay with me here. If I owned a business and was seeking to fill a position I would never use him to fill it no matter how qualified he was. His modifications and artwork are distracting and would distract from whatever message I would be asking him to portray as a representative for my company. That is why dress codes as well as grooming codes are created for certain jobs in the workforce and to me they make sense.

Now if he plans to stay in business for himself or find a position where his modifications and body art add to his mystique and uniqueness, say swallowing sabers on a boardwalk in Coney Island, then he is fine. However most of us like to keep our options as open as possible.

I come from the school of thought that any and all tattoos should be placed in areas that can be easily covered up by clothing in a formal setting if desired.

Last edited:
starface.png

Back
Top Bottom