Being Frank - The Smiths related documentary

Gejo

I don't have time for stupidity
There's a new documentary film coming out in UK on 29th March called BEING FRANK: THE CHRIS SIEVEY STORY. Chris was an eccentric and unique comedian who also was a fan of The Smiths. Here is he wonderful story about his life and the wonderful world he created.

29th March.jpg

franky2.jpg
franky1.jpg

Frank Sidebottom isn't to everyone's taste, but an interesting character nonetheless.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
Regards,
FWD.

Nothing new to add, except the film is now on release and is generally being positively talked about / being well received.
This has been a long time coming - the film maker was tweeting about it in 2013.
There will be a couple of Moz references in it I'd expect.

Regards,
FWD.

Love Frank. Remember seeing him at Reading Fest 1993. He had the comedy tent in stitches and even sung a rendition of Panic.

He then headlined the comedy tent on the Sunday as the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow were not given a licence to perform.

Saw him more recently (before he died obviously) supporting John Cooper Clarke.

Chris wrote this tune (amongst others) "I'm In Love With The Girl On A Manchester Virgin Megastore Check-out Desk" they later had to change the name of it to "A Certain Manchester Megastore..."

According to Wikipedia a 14 year old Johnny Marr appeared at his house wanting to join the band

Love Frank. Remember seeing him at Reading Fest 1993. He had the comedy tent in stitches and even sung a rendition of Panic.

He then headlined the comedy tent on the Sunday as the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow were not given a licence to perform.

Saw him more recently (before he died obviously) supporting John Cooper Clarke.

Chris wrote this tune (amongst others) "I'm In Love With The Girl On A Manchester Virgin Megastore Check-out Desk" they later had to change the name of it to "A Certain Manchester Megastore..."

According to Wikipedia a 14 year old Johnny Marr appeared at his house wanting to join the band

Didn't realise he wrote that, first time I've heard it for a very long time. Nice picture of Pete Shelley within the video montage.

Love The Prisoner connection.
FWD.

SLC:

Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom