• 6-7k

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 7-8k

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 8k+

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like 6 to 7k, if what's available fills up. Surprised to see the black covers on the 2nd tier as well though.

Well, according to my scientific calculator, 7,000 x £50 = £350,000. That's if everyone paid £50. Which they didn't.

Based on camparing the venue map to the photos...

The available seating (front tier plus the second tier on one side of the mixing desk) is a bit more than 2,000. People present have reported it as 'almost full', so let's call it 2,000.

The official standing capacity is 4,321 (cool number). However, as has been reported, the stage was brought forward quite a lot to restrict the standing area. I'd say it looks like about half of what is available. So let's call it 2,160.5.

So that's 4,160 and a half. But this assumes no major gaps in the seating and a standing area that was packed, so that you would need to squeeze through people to move around. People who were there will know, and can make mental deductions accordingly.

Is that possible if the 2nd tier is closed off to the left and right of the central area?
Does your wife mind you neglecting family life with her and your child to obsess over album sales, ticket sales, attendance stats of a pop star you used to idolise?
It's a bit weird mate, what's the end goal here? What are you hoping to achieve?
You @Uncleskinny and @Verso and a few other losers here all need to empty your balls and attempt to participate in something creative and/or productive instead of perusing these forums day in day out. Its worrying, how did you old timers fill up those hours pre internet days?

who cares what the figures were? We were at the back of the standing area and it was clearly packed. We went out to have a good time, and had a great night.
Thats all that matters.

Based on camparing the venue map to the photos...

The available seating (front tier plus the second tier on one side of the mixing desk) is a bit more than 2,000. People present have reported it as 'almost full', so let's call it 2,000.

The official standing capacity is 4,321 (cool number). However, as has been reported, the stage was brought forward quite a lot to restrict the standing area. I'd say it looks like about half of what is available. So let's call it 2,160.5.

So that's 4,160 and a half. But this assumes no major gaps in the seating and a standing area that was packed, so that you would need to squeeze through people to move around. People who were there will know, and can make mental deductions accordingly.
I’ve seen enough gigs at the arena to say that the stage wasNOT brought forward. Its where it usually is. Conspiracy theorists/ trolls seem to be confusing a photo taken early on, with curtain up at front of stage, thinking the curtain is the actual back of the stage. The actual stage platform is where it always is.

Venue gets half plus his band members get $75 each, so far less than that.
the band members used to be on $1000 a show and that was a long time ago,will be a lote more now.your way out.

Really good night. Set list was solid, and there were enough people to make a really good atmosphere. Hes had enough impact on my life that he can say anything he wants now, like my grandad that complains about the "brown people" that keep phoning trying to sell him stuff. It's wrong. But I still love the silly old bugger.

Really good night. Set list was solid, and there were enough people to make a really good atmosphere. Hes had enough impact on my life that he can say anything he wants now, like my grandad that complains about the "brown people" that keep phoning trying to sell him stuff. It's wrong. But I still love the silly old bugger.

I approve. But he's not as bad as that! ?

I’ve seen enough gigs at the arena to say that the stage wasNOT brought forward. Its where it usually is. Conspiracy theorists/ trolls seem to be confusing a photo taken early on, with curtain up at front of stage, thinking the curtain is the actual back of the stage. The actual stage platform is where it always is.
For all I know, you may be right that the stage was where it usually is. Maybe it is pushed back to provide extra capacity, rather than forward to reduce capacity. Either way, it's clear that Morrissey played last night to about half the maximum standing capacity of the venue.

It's good that you don't care, though.

I agree, the stage was in the same place as previous gigs I've been to.

For all I know, you may be right that the stage was where it usually is. Maybe it is pushed back to provide extra capacity, rather than forward to reduce capacity. Either way, it's clear that Morrissey played last night to about half the maximum standing capacity of the venue.

It's good that you don't care, though.
Correct. About half full, but what a great show, regardless.

I'm hearing from unconfirmed sources at the moment that attendance was in the region of 8k. Certainly more than (>) the 6-7.5k which was being bandied about. Not bad to say the expected capacity was effectively 65% (8500) of the 13500 maximum...but of course the top tier (5000) was never open. If true, then Moz only dropped 5% of the expected attendance which could be down to a multitude of reasons.
I'm trying to get official figures.

OK I have news.
They are unable to release the exact attendance figures, but I've been advised that final numbers were 'just below 8000'.
So congrats to the 18.8% who indicated 7-8k...& well done Moz.

Back
Top Bottom