Asunción, Paraguay concert (Dec. 5) cancelled due to food poisioning - @ABCEspectaculos

English translation:

The #Morrissey concert @officialmoz in Paraguay is finally cancelled. Here, the statement released by the producer of the show:

IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE SHOW
MORRISSEY PLANNED FOR THIS EVENING IN THE
CONVENTION CENTER OF CONMEBOL,
CANCELLED DUE TO A
ESSENTIAL MEMBER OF THE BAND HAS
CONTRACTED A FOOD POISONING.
WE WILL TRY TO FIND A NEW DATE
TO MORRISSEY AGAIN WITH ALL
HIS FANS IN PARAGUAY.
REFUNDS WILL BE AVAILABLE
FROM THURSDAY 6 TO 18 DECEMBER
IN OFFICES G5PRO THE RIDE
CARMELITES, FROM 9:00 TO 17:00 HOURS.
WAITING FOR THE SPEEDY RECOVERY
AND THE CONCERT IN BUENOS AIRES
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7 AT DIRECTV SAND
IS PROGRESSING ACCORDING TO SCHEDULE.

45209_paraguay_cancelled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
His style when it comes to these things is "You can tell it's true because of how many words I used."
Ah yes, but you're selling yourself short there. You've got the overwrought grandiosity and the obsession with alliteration, plus those little detours into weirdness that the fakers (I'm looking at you, Norman, and that Blue Rose psycho whose name escapes me for now) never quite manage to capture. It's uncannily accurate. I think you should send this to Sam and see if he'll post it on Morrissey Central.

Ah yes, but you're selling yourself short there. You've got the overwrought grandiosity and the obsession with alliteration, plus those little detours into weirdness that the fakers (I'm looking at you, Norman, and that Blue Rose psycho whose name escapes me for now) never quite manage to capture. It's uncannily accurate. I think you should send this to Sam and see if he'll post it on Morrissey Central.
I'm sure one of Morrissey's winged monkeys probably has seen or will see it since I get the feeling they linger around here like a drunken spurned lover on an ex's facebook page. :lbf:

I'm sure one of Morrissey's winged monkeys probably has seen or will see it since I get the feeling they linger around here like a drunken spurned lover on an ex's facebook page. :lbf:
Let's hope. If he had a sense of humour he'd post it up there himself :lbf:

Two things here. Prayers don't work, and secondly, if they did, they wouldn't force more people to buy more tickets to stop cases of food poisoning occurring.
why'd they hide these comments?
besides the point, nobody could make this shit up; once bitten, twice bite into same sandwich?
seriously, might be someone has a bug up their ass...?

Where's the evidence of food poisoning?:sick::lbf::crazy:

In your toilet? But seriously, when people make claims against the stated reason for a cancelation... shouldn't there be some evidence behind it?

UPDATE: Not saying I believe the food poising thing is 100% true, but it's the official word. So unless someone posts evidence to the contrary I guess it stands.

Last edited:
If the reason was food poisoning then Moz and his band are experienced enough to know how to carry on. The only 'essential' member is Morrissey. They could do a set with no Jesse, with no drums, etc. It would be a bit strange, but could be done. And it would give the audience a unique experience. Plenty of bands can figure it out when someone is unavailable and find a replacement, even if they need to mangle a few songs in the process. I think it is an unprofessional approach to cancel because of one musician being ill.

Exactly, he could have come out with one acoustic guitar player and a tambourine, sung some songs and the fans would have been thrilled.

As a comparison, when Johnny Marr played in LA, the bass player was ill and had to sit down during some of the songs. They cut the set short by 2 songs and Johnny put out extra energy and called the bass player a "hero" for doing the show. That's professionalism!

I thought the last time they got “food poisoning” in South America it was because Jesse broke his hand in a f***ing bar brawl because a drunk-ass Morrissey asked him to punch someone to prove something.

Exactly, he could have come out with one acoustic guitar player and a tambourine, sung some songs and the fans would have been thrilled.

As a comparison, when Johnny Marr played in LA, the bass player was ill and had to sit down during some of the songs. They cut the set short by 2 songs and Johnny put out extra energy and called the bass player a "hero" for doing the show. That's professionalism!
Like Suede did an acoustic concert in Boston years ago when their equipment was stolen. Moz's band are supposed to be musicians: talented, versatile, and ready to play. They could have met the challenge and turned it into a unique opportunity, instead of shrugging the shoulders.

I thought the last time they got “food poisoning” in South America it was because Jesse broke his hand in a f***ing bar brawl because a drunk-ass Morrissey asked him to punch someone to prove something.

Eh? I must have missed this story?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom