Article: Morrissey to play in Berlin (July 18), Vienna (July 21), Krakow (July 22), Warsaw (July 24)

Update 8:35 AM PT:

sistasheila posts the link to the additional dates and artwork at true-to-you.net:

Austria, Poland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Holland dates

Additional dates:

21 July VIENNA (Austria) Konzerthaus
29 July DUBLIN (Ireland) Vicar Street
1 Aug ISLE OF MAN Douglas Royal Hall
5 Aug EINDHOVEN (Holland) Muziekgebouw

An anonymous person also writes:

According to Entertainment.ie Morrisey will be playing Dublin's (tiny) Vicar Street venue on 29 July. Tickets priced €48 go on sale at 9am this Monday.

Morrissey Announces Vicar St Show

Tomi posted in the forums (original post):
Morrissey to play in Berlin
Here are the details
18.07.2011 Mo. Berlin / Zitadelle Spandau – interesting location
http://www.mlk.com/

PINK posted in the forums (original post):

Morrissey in Poland (July 2011)
22.07.2011 - Krakow, Studio Club
24.07.2011 - Warsaw, Stodola Club

www.livenation.pl

Christian also sends the news of the Berlin date at rollingstone.de:
Morrissey am 18. Juli live in Berlin! VVK startet morgen

braceybrace also writes:

Boz Boorer's facebook status reads:
Berlin 18th July, Nice.​

ohnesorg writes:

berlin / vienna
rumour has it, that M will play in berlin on 18th,
AND
in vienna in an intimate venue on 21th of july...​

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey to play in Berlin (July 18), Vienna (July 21), Krakow (July 22

So I'm an Australian and I'll be in Berlin when Morrissey is performing. I'm looking to buy a ticket, but navigating this German ticket website (o2) is damn hard work - I'm having difficulties registering, etc. Is there any other way I can go about buying tickets for the Berlin show?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Hello Jimmy, usually in Germany you can buy tickets in the evening at the venue, also a few days ahead at other locations in the city. (You could google the locations, "tickets" is "Karten" in German, but the English word is also used).

I checked on the website of the Zitadelle (www.zitadelle-spandau.de) & there's a link to information & tickets (click "open-air" on the menu on the left hand side & then scroll down to Morrissey). This link leeds you to a site called "citadel music festival" (http://citadel-music-festival.de/events/morrissey) where you again find a link to tickets. That link finally leeds you to a site called "Trinity Music" apparently you can buy the tickets there, but so far it only states that the tickets go on sale tomorrow. There is an option to choose English as language on the top left hand side.

This is the direct link: http://www.trinitymusic.de/product_info.php/language/de/info/p3450_Morrissey.html
(I only sent all the inbetween-links in case you want to track it yourself).

I don't know if they ship tickets to Australia, but it's no harm having a look tomorrow, I suppose. Good luck!
(I'm a bit jealous, as I really, really, really want to go to the concert in Berlin too, but it doesn't look very promising that I can make it. :-( But maybe I'll be lucky & make it to Eindhoven instead. Anyway, have fun!)

Cashews, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you so much for these links.
I'll give them a look over.

Oh man, I'm so awfully excited that I finally have the chance to see Moz, live in the flesh!

All the best!

goit me ticket though it's organised by the famous Effenaar, but somehow
they choose to make a deal with muziekgebouw, there 's a bit confusing
now as they say there's only one option and I was told there would be standingplaces

Watt gig 2008:( deja-vu

I hope if there are some seats , and they're asll taken
someone will stand up for an elder person, as me:lbf:

49 euroos, damn that is 125 guilders.

I think a lot would want to, but the prize would hold them, as it is summer
and one spend much more in the summer.

anyway it will sell good, I hope Morrissey has taken his vitamines, and is
fit and stays healthy:rolleyes:

Re: Article: Morrissey to play in Berlin (July 18), Vienna (July 21), Krakow (July 22

Watt gig 2008:( deja-vu

The " WATT " gig was June 6 , 2009 i was there also.
I hope Eindhoven sells better then Nijmegen in 2009, it was not sold out but the gig was great.

The " WATT " gig was June 6 , 2009 i was there also.
I hope Eindhoven sells better then Nijmegen in 2009, it was not sold out but the gig was great.

so yer telling me he played in 2009 in R'dam Watt and Nijmegen?

I really thought it was 2008, anyway it was horrible, too crowded, I was there
but at some time I was more trying to get air and rest, as I wrote lots, but
I thought it was 2008, but yer right

Nijmegen I passed due to the 2009 Watt gig, as 2006 3 times,the reason I told 267.210 times [celibate in a coma the doc said it was serious]

ps.
shall I wear my sold T in Utrecht 1991, it's a bit worn too much and washed, but
you still can see his pose and the letters...still ' in part and in whole'
but still got it, 20 years ago, time goes fast, and me memory goes fast down

Last edited:

Cashews, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you so much for these links.
I'll give them a look over.

Oh man, I'm so awfully excited that I finally have the chance to see Moz, live in the flesh!

All the best!

Thanks for your kind words, JimmyJamJam! :)

Have you checked Trinity Music yet? I've just had a look & they ship worldwide, you just have to pay (with paypal or credit card) at least 12 days in advance & it costs 8 Euro. You can also buy an e-ticket, then you don't need to pay for shipping & you can collect the ticket in the evening at the venue. Hope this site makes it easier for you than the o2-site.
Anyway, if you have language difficulties (I saw that some things are still written in German if you use the English option), I'll be glad to translate.

Sounds like it's your first Morrissey concert? Wow, enjoy it, I hope it will be one of his best! :)

so yer telling me he played in 2009 in R'dam Watt and Nijmegen?

I really thought it was 2008, anyway it was horrible, too crowded, I was there
but at some time I was more trying to get air and rest, as I wrote lots, but
I thought it was 2008, but yer right

Nijmegen I passed due to the 2009 Watt gig, as 2006 3 times,the reason I told 267.210 times [celibate in a coma the doc said it was serious]

ps.
shall I wear my sold T in Utrecht 1991, it's a bit worn too much and washed, but
you still can see his pose and the letters...still ' in part and in whole'
but still got it, 20 years ago, time goes fast, and me memory goes fast down

A mistake is humanly :D

In 2009 i see Morrissey 3 times , June 6 Watt , Nov 9 Nijmegen and Nov 14 Brussels.
You can check the concerts here :
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/tour/2009/
I hope that , Aarhus will my 9th and Eindhoven my 10th Morrissey concert. :guitar::thumb:

Is there a support band in Eindhoven ?

Last edited:
RANK on June 18th: for those of you who cannot wait

June 18th 2011, 20h
RANK - a tribute to The Smiths.
The best Smiths-tribute band on the continent play at

Schacht 1
Essener Str. 259
Oberhausen (Germany)

the perfect warm-up for Morrissey`s Europe Tour!

Be there and check it out!

www.rank-smiths.de
www.schacht1.com

Re: RANK on June 18th: for those of you who cannot wait

June 18th 2011, 20h
RANK - a tribute to The Smiths.
The best Smiths-tribute band on the continent play at

Schacht 1
Essener Str. 259
Oberhausen (Germany)

the perfect warm-up for Morrissey`s Europe Tour!

Be there and check it out!

www.rank-smiths.de
www.schacht1.com

how far is is Oberhausen from Colonge[Koln], as there's a permanat every hour
daily train from Eindhoven to there, you just have to step over in another train in Venlo,
due to the size of railways, no pasport or other annoying or rough issues you have
passing a border in Europe though they do checks cause that's they're paid for:crazy:
or should I go to Arnhem or Enschede to pass the border, to get close to Oberhausen
[me housemate has that week vacation, so that's the main reason for taking a trip
to anywhere]

Dublin sold out in approx 15 mins. Disgusted at myself! Got caught in traffic on way to work and didn't try Tickemaster for the Dublin gig until 9.25am. Couldn't get a ticket. Rang Ticketmaster and they advise that Moz sold out in approx 15 minutes. I'm happy for Morrissey but sad for myself. I've been to see Moz many times through the years since 1991 and this is the first time I couldn't get a ticket early on the morning of tickets going on sale.
Disgusted.
A.C.T.O.N.

Last edited:

Dublin sold out in approx 15 mins. Disgusted at myself! Got caught in traffic on way to work and didn't try Tickemaster for the Dublin gig until 9.25am. Couldn't get a ticket. Rang Ticketmaster and they advise that Moz sold out in approx 15 minutes. I'm happy for Morrissey but sad for myself. I've been to see Moz many times through the years since 1991 and this is the first time I couldn't get a ticket early on the morning of tickets going on sale.
Disgusted.
A.C.T.O.N.
Maybe à trip to Eindhoven.
There are still tickets

Re: RANK on June 18th: for those of you who cannot wait

how far is is Oberhausen from Colonge[Koln], as there's a permanat every hour
daily train from Eindhoven to there, you just have to step over in another train in Venlo,
due to the size of railways, no pasport or other annoying or rough issues you have
passing a border in Europe though they do checks cause that's they're paid for:crazy:
or should I go to Arnhem or Enschede to pass the border, to get close to Oberhausen
[me housemate has that week vacation, so that's the main reason for taking a trip
to anywhere]

Hey celibate,
Oberhausen is approximately one hour North of Cologne (by train or by car). If you'd like to check on google maps, it's actually on about the same height as Venlo...so if you go via Venlo anyway, it would make sense to go to Oberhausen directly from there (takes one or two hours by train depending on the connection you take).
You can check here: www.bahn.de
On the left hand side of the site you can fill in when you want to go where (& obviously from where). The Dutch train service would probably have the same information for you though.

(Off topic: Sorry for never replying to your very nice comment to me a while ago - when you even shared your birthday cake with me...I only saw that a week later or so. By the way, I don't really speak Dutch, I only know how to use dictionaries - but I was able to understand your Dutch writing. :thumb: )

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom