Article: "Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control, Depression, Obesit

morrissey sides with morrissey.... pitchfork are running with moz's recent comments about last nights show

Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control, Depression, Obesity - Pitchfork

Excerpt:

Morrissey has now issued the following statement in response to Kimmel:

'I was disappointed with last night’s Jimmy Kimmel Show wherein our smiling host managed to ridicule depression (70% of Americans suffer from depression according to the National Institute of Mental Health). He then found time to ridicule healthy eating (the obesity epidemic in the U.S. costs $147 billion per year in medical expenditure), and he also ridiculed the notion that animals should be entitled to the possession of their own lives. Furthermore, he found time to jokingly promote gun-ownership - hugely amusing for the parents at Sandy Hook, no doubt. He also promoted his special guests Duck Dynasty – who kill beings for fun. None of the above issues are, of course, as important as Jimmy Kimmel himself, who has finally revealed his show to have an overwhelming loss of meaning. Tune in and relive the intellectual fog of the 1950s.'

UPDATE Feb. 28, 12:30 AM PT:

Uncleskinny posted the response on Jimmy Kimmel's Twitter with a link to the cover of You Are The Quarry:

@jimmykimmel - 2:50 PM - Feb 27, 2013

note to Morrissey - if you have more dumb statements to make, I invite you to make them where I do, on my show http://pic.twitter.com/6QOc5uV4O7

kimmel_tweet_20130227.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control,

What a f***ing idiot.

Re: Article: "Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control,

I guess we will never see Morrissey on Kimmel ever again.
Morrissey is going to run out of tv outlets to go on.

Love him or loath him, he is hugely funny! And he always stays true to himself and morals unlike alot of popstars/idols etc.
I kind of agree with him on the gun comment, bit inappropriate.
I have never seen this show as I'm from the UK but he sounds a little weird (Jimmy I mean)

He is so, so much better than shitty ripostes like this. Had the duck guys been sent their marching orders, had he been on the show, nothing like this would have been forthcoming. This comes across as a bitchy slap-down. When was the last time Morrissey actually engaged with those he denigrates? I cannot recall such an occasion where he's been on TV or radio and actually expressed his deeply held views with someone who he disagrees with or has previously heaped opprobrium upon. Has it happened? Any links? I mean, heaven forfend he says stuff and then runs away or stick his fingers in his ears.

P.

He would have made a more meaningful statement by going on the show and doing "Meat in Murder".

Also, is a guy who's most popular album of the past 20 years features him holding a tommy gun on the cover really in a position to discuss gun ownership?

He would have made a more meaningful statement by going on the show and doing "Meat in Murder".

it would have been good - complete with the video backdrop,

Re: playing Meat Is Murder - FANTASTIC idea Harsh Truth. Rather than running open up a dialog and change some minds.

I love Morrissey but he really just enjoys preaching to the choir. Add the fact that he really IS NOT vegan AT ALL...which is a real shame. Step up. YOu have the power and the means to take the message further.

I actually thought that Kimmel was being quite respectful towards Morrissey. He had to say something, right? And all he did was take a slight jab at him. Methinks that Morrissey should grow some thicker skin. :straightface:

What a f***ing idiot.

Why is that? Morrissey wants to change to world. Whether or not he will be successful is yet to be seen but I think he is going about it the right way. Change doesn't happen with pattern. Besides, it's only an opinion.

So, Morrissey was fine and dandy when he ridiculed the victims and their families when the Norway tragedy occurred. Didn't he equate their lives to those of animals at KFC or something like this?

How quickly the hypocrite forgets?

Why is that? Morrissey wants to change to world. Whether or not he will be successful is yet to be seen but I think he is going about it the right way. Change doesn't happen with pattern. Besides, it's only an opinion.

Since you commented on this subject, can you elucidate further on how his comments on this subject will 'change the world'?

P.

Mozza's remarks well completely appropriate, particularly in view of the Sandy Hook tragedy. It is clearly far too easy to acquire firearms in the US. I don't blame him for not wanting to wait backstage next to people who think its fun to take the life of another living creature. When future generations judge our time they will look upon it with horror as one in which human beings thought it perfectly acceptable to torture living creatures who had no way of defending themselves. Well done to Morrissey for standing up for his beliefs- if only younger generations in the music industry would follow his lead!

Morrissey has been said to have given up leather and eggs, which leaves the big black mark of dairy consumption before he can be taken seriously as a consistent advocate for animal rights issues: http://milkiscruel.com/

As to the 'Norway' incident, he wasn't ridiculing them. It's just a lot of people were too stupid to get the point he was making...

Also, is a guy who's most popular album of the past 20 years features him holding a tommy gun on the cover really in a position to discuss gun ownership?

I was thinking the exact same thing. But oh well, just another day in the press. I still love you, Moz.

I thought Morrissey loved the '50s? :confused:

As to the 'Norway' incident, he wasn't ridiculing them. It's just a lot of people were too stupid to get the point he was making...

All hail the 'too stupid to get the point' party. I'm proud to be amongst their number.

P.

Morrissey needs to be very careful when he throws around ideas of "loss of meaning" regarding other people's platform of expression. Keep in mind Morrissey's last TTY post celebrated how fast people threw money at him, not exactly a "meaningful" statement, and now he's opened himself up to being a latenight (read: cruel) target. :o Maybe he's showing that he's fighty...which is kind of a turn on. :horny:

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom