Article: Morrissey interview in B92 (Serbian); recording new album in Feb. mentioned (update: full i

Re: Morrissey interview in B92 (Serbian); recording new album in Feb. mentioned

he mentions that they'll start recording the new album in February!

Great news! Makes me wonder if Solomon will partake in the recordings or if he is really gone for good? :(

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in B92 (Serbian); recording new album in Feb. mentioned (update: fu

Yes, just the other day I told my mother she was straight as a pin as she has never shown any sexual interest in the same sex. Same as Moz. And don't tell me those Tina excerpts amount to sexual attraction. Please.

As long as you play fair and label straights as such and gays as such...fine. It's all about balance.

I never mentioned Tina nor Morrissey's sexuality. I was merely seeing if you were an equal-opportunity-sexuality-pointer-outter.

Let's not go reading into things now.

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in B92 (Serbian); recording new album in Feb. mentioned (update: fu

As long as you play fair and label straights as such and gays as such...fine. It's all about balance.

I never mentioned Tina nor Morrissey's sexuality. I was merely seeing if you were an equal-opportunity-sexuality-pointer-outter.

Let's not go reading into things now.

Yes, I spare no one the labelling gun. :D

Don't forget "Kid's A Looker". Wonder what the Boz-speak code for that one is?

A new album is the only way out of the current impasse. Let's hope capitalist music entrepreneur Morrissey, and the label he licenses his next album to, agree a marketing/promotional budget split before releasing it! If he wants to pay 'payola' to get mainstream airplay then that's also to be discussed in the contract negotiations. Otherwise we'll have more T-Shirts saying "f*** ***** Records".

WPINYB was an excellent album but it's now dead in the water, and all but the cult are either bored or LOL at him blaming Harvest. What next? T-shirts dissing Italian venues because Morrissey was too lazy to Google them before signing a contract to play there? A new album of equal or superior quality, if successful, would re-ignite interest in WPINOYB. He could always record his band's versions ye olde Smiths classics if he wants to reach a large Herd Culture audience. He plays them onstage to draw in the punters, so why not on an album?

best
BB

Must get tiring getting out of bed everyday just to constantly refresh the dislike button bummie.
Who is it you think you're kidding again?

Thanks for the full interview, anonymous.
Moz says he would 'like' to record the new album in February, and 'like' is not the same as 'will', but it is definitely a positive sign. A record deal must be imminent.

I didn't like but was not surprised by his comment about not considering what people want to hear. We are his audience and we keep him in chips and crisps, so while he should never whore himself for us we should be a consideration in the back of his mind when it comes to song choices for concerts. To squander 3 minutes on mush like 'I didn't know what to do' when he could have done a song like 'you're the one for me, fatty' or 'last of the famous' is mind boggling. I'm not complaining, but he owes us his living. That's a sad fact widely known.
p.s. his concert in Dublin was amazing. Would have been even more amazing if he sang for longer than an hour 10 mins or whatever the cookie-cutter duration is.

He never has done a show very much longer than that. Last month George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic gave me a 3 1/2 hour show, and he is in his 70s.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom