Anybody doing anything interesting this New Years Eve?

well, what will i be doing....

vaccuming around the mess, i will get my place presentable.

i will be getting dressed up, hopefully in my new little red dress, but probably in my stretch glitter jeans because of the cold outside, and going out, most likely being subjected to some God awful band selected by someone in the deciding party when Mojo Nixon or Man...or Astroman? is playing across town somewhere else.

Either way, it's guaranteed that we're going somewhere that doesn't have a $25 cover charge because certain people are broke.

If our new found "friends" will be joining us, I will be fending off very lame attempts for the freaking 3rd day in a row from one guy who thinks that openly staring at me like I have a lobster crawling out of my nose is a come-on.

I knew I should have gone and seen the late showing of Dracula:2000 instead.

You gotta be kidding me!

I'm also enganged in the man or astroman debate, but it's a slight variation, because I have a friend whose band is playing at the flamingo cantina. but man or astroman will win; they're too awesome to miss.

small world, huh?

-Andrew

Re: YES!

I'll be feeding my cat my ego.
She'll be fed up all to soon.

AND I'll light a candle for TeddyMorrissey! And all those searching. I wish they will be FOUND.

I don't belong to the new millennium anymore, so it's up to the younger ones.

Make something of it.
Unite, and take over!
Rid the world of its stupidity!

Goodbye.

> You gotta be kidding me!

> I'm also enganged in the man or astroman debate, but it's a
> slight variation, because I have a friend whose band is playing
> at the flamingo cantina. but man or astroman will win; they're
> too awesome to miss.

> small world, huh?

Yes...what band does your friend play in?

Oh well. i'm comforting myself on the fact that even if I did make it to the doors at Emo's, the thing will be sold out and I couldn't get in anyway.

Re: YES!

Wendy,who makes the decison who belongs? These are the first words of yours Ive read and already I sense more intellect than that present in the imbiciles I have to work with every day. Where in this life is our freedom of choice.I hate myself. xxx> I'll be feeding my cat my ego.
> She'll be fed up all to soon.

> AND I'll light a candle for TeddyMorrissey! And all those
> searching. I wish they will be FOUND.

> I don't belong to the new millennium anymore, so it's up to the
> younger ones.

> Make something of it.
> Unite, and take over!
> Rid the world of its stupidity!

> Goodbye.

I actually meant friend's boyfriend, sorry about that. They're called the Autoerotics, and I think he's the lead singer. I've grown tired of punk rock, though. *sigh* went to a show at emo's a few weeks back and it hurt me to sit through the bands. I'm sure that the Stingers are playing at the black cat! Anyone want to see the Stingers?? anyone??? or what about the Scabs? go see the scabs, man...they only play at antone's 20 times a @#!!!in' night!

I should probably save my money, but it's lonely in this apartment with my roommate gone, and I need somewhere to be merry.

0andrew0

> I actually meant friend's boyfriend, sorry about that. They're
> called the Autoerotics, and I think he's the lead singer. I've
> grown tired of punk rock, though. *sigh* went to a show at emo's
> a few weeks back and it hurt me to sit through the bands. I'm
> sure that the Stingers are playing at the black cat! Anyone want
> to see the Stingers?? anyone??? or what about the Scabs? go see
> the scabs, man...they only play at antone's 20 times a @#!!!
> in' night!

Ha ha!!!!

God, I @#!!!ing hate the Scabs. I hate their music because they remind me of 3 year olds who crack themselves up saying "you're a poopie head!" over and over, and I especially hate the crowds they attract. A bunch of sad yuppies, and a bunch of dirty old men come to feel up the college aged girls.

I also hate all of their crossover projects like La Tribu.

So, if you want to be technial about it, the Scabs are probably playing all over town tonight. They're probably in your friend's band and you just don't know it.

> I should probably save my money, but it's lonely in this
> apartment with my roommate gone, and I need somewhere to be
> merry.

No, don't save your money! Get out while you can! You'll have plenty of time to be bored and thrifty this year.

I've only been to Flamingo Cantina once, but they always have those bands with names like Sexy Finger Champs which sound a bit intriguing...bands like Squat Thrust are fun. I wouldn't mind seeing that again.

but for some reason, I've never had the nerve to go in by myself...like the Atomic Cafe, for example. Emo's is OK because they attract all types, but I'll be damned if I can drag anyone I know in there to see the Donna's when they talk about Mingo Fishtrap as if they are THE live event of the year.

No, but...

Last year I was exchanging an e-mail with TYMF about our New Year celebrations... and this year? Well, at this moment in time he's sat on my bed watching Coronation Street, and should be getting ready to go out! Minx..

Well, even if we're stranded and have to walk home in this blizzard, I think we'll both agree that we're a damn sight better off than the last millennium, simply because we're not lonely old souls anymore...

Happy New Year everybody!

LMC xx xx

Back
Top Bottom