An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Sorry, i don´t torrent and also i couldn´t find the box set for an acceptable price ;(

Here's an DVD audio rip from the Later...With Jools Holland-show...artwork by yours truly. If anybody has the official DVD that was in the At The BBC Box and is willing to share the audio (if it's truly an upgrade from this one)...I'd be eternally grateful.
https://we.tl/t-wPvDbjL2SB

remjools.jpg

I am laboriously trying to complete my REM studio track collection. I am missing these tracks. Would anyone happen to have MP3s of them? Maybe we can do a "music" trade or something? I canNOT find them anywhere:

Hastings and Main (2000 - Christmas fanclub)
No Matter What (2002 - Christmas fanclub)
NOLA 04/26/10 - (2010 B-side)
Santa Baby (Christmas Fan club)
Smokin' in the Boys Room (1983)
Take Seven (2000 - Christmas fanclub)
Free Form Jazz (2001)

I found out something intriguing. as you may know - Mike made a soundtrack for the film "A cool dry Place" in 98' and there's an unreleased REM song with that title. now check this out - https://atom-dev.library.yorku.ca/index.php/informationobject/browse?topLod=0&sort=relevance&query=rem&repos= am I to understand that you can go in this library in toronto and listen to unreleased REM material?

Kinda doubt that it's available in the library yet has never been leaked/released to the rest of the world. Would be interesting to hear it.

Does anyone have the iTunes Originals EP or the Around the Sun Redux melody? Both of them were exclusive to iTunes and seem to have been lost after they were removed. I'm really interested in the iTunes Originals EP because of the interviews as well as the in-studio versions of Permanent Vacation and I've Been High.

Wow, thanks for uploading this man. For a second there I thought this was lost to time (idk why iTunes removed it in the first place). Although the DRM is not ideal, at least it's a complete copy. I'll try either stripping the DRM or possibly getting iTunes to match-it to a 256kbps version, and I'll upload the result. Thanks again.

Does anyone have the iTunes Originals EP or the Around the Sun Redux melody? Both of them were exclusive to iTunes and seem to have been lost after they were removed. I'm really interested in the iTunes Originals EP because of the interviews as well as the in-studio versions of Permanent Vacation and I've Been High.
Not the best format, but here's a 192 mp3 version, https://mega.nz/folder/6p8wFKbb#F6HW2xm0mi9g6D4A1nvsKw

Not the best format, but here's a 192 mp3 version, https://mega.nz/folder/6p8wFKbb#F6HW2xm0mi9g6D4A1nvsKw
Thanks for uploading this. Unfortunately iTunes couldn't match the songs (I guess they cleaned them off their servers since they're no longer available) but honestly it's not that big of a deal; the important thing is that it exists and can be preserved. I'll see if I can upload this to the Internet Archive (I might have to leave out the album tracks though).

After listening to the album I can sort-of see why they stop carrying it. While the interviews were interesting, the performances were pretty underwhelming. While Mike and Peter did a great job, it seem like Michael's voice was strained and it really ruined some of the performances (These Days, Permanent Vacation). That being said, the performance of I've Been High was really good. Really though this is only interesting if you're a completionist.

Thanks for uploading this. Unfortunately iTunes couldn't match the songs (I guess they cleaned them off their servers since they're no longer available) but honestly it's not that big of a deal; the important thing is that it exists and can be preserved. I'll see if I can upload this to the Internet Archive (I might have to leave out the album tracks though).

After listening to the album I can sort-of see why they stop carrying it. While the interviews were interesting, the performances were pretty underwhelming. While Mike and Peter did a great job, it seem like Michael's voice was strained and it really ruined some of the performances (These Days, Permanent Vacation). That being said, the performance of I've Been High was really good. Really though this is only interesting if you're a completionist.
I'm sure if you keep the album tracks, no one will really notice :thumb:

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom