An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Thanks for the info. I got about 95% of those songs from various (mostly original) sources. I'll make sure to get the ones I'm missing and maybe upload a package here as a Christmas thing.

Sometimes, just a "thank you" is nice to get. At least 6 people got that file. There's a little "thumbs up" button. That'll do.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I got about 95% of those songs from various (mostly original) sources. I'll make sure to get the ones I'm missing and maybe upload a package here as a Christmas thing.

Sometimes, just a "thank you" is nice to get. At least 6 people got that file. There's a little "thumbs up" button. That'll do.

Thanks so much, that would be awesome! I'm sorry I missed the original upload of the bootleg when it was posted here a few years back.

Here's "The 2020 Stipin' Program, by Gargumma": https://www.mediafire.com/file/6xxqf5jdm31eb6r/The_2020_Stipin%27_Program%2C_by_Gargumma.rar/file

It's a huge download of almost 2,5Gb. It's got all those "Stipe Hunting" songs, I think, except for maybe the Christmas singles (that are not really side projects) and one or two other R.E.M. songs I got into other folders. You'll find all that and a lot more.

Please remember to click the "thank you" thing in blue here 👉

Wow! a lot in there I never heard before. Thanks so much, and happy holidays !

Here's "The 2020 Stipin' Program, by Gargumma": https://www.mediafire.com/file/6xxqf5jdm31eb6r/The_2020_Stipin%27_Program%2C_by_Gargumma.rar/file

It's a huge download of almost 2,5Gb. It's got all those "Stipe Hunting" songs, I think, except for maybe the Christmas singles (that are not really side projects) and one or two other R.E.M. songs I got into other folders. You'll find all that and a lot more.

Thanks a lot for this great collection!

Thank you so much. Happy Christmas!

I don't particularly listen to REM, but just an acknowledgement that this thread and the contributions of people here is good to see.
Kudos.
FWD.

Did I miss it? Any way to be uploaded again by someone? Merry Christmas everyone!

I had taken it down, took it down again now. Over 50 people downloaded that file. I got only 4 "thanks" there.

People just want more and more, but provide nothing when others ask here, and are incapable of even appreciating the gesture.

This all should happen in a spirit of community and sharing stuff to help. I'm not uploading to this forum anymore.

I had taken it down, took it down again now. Over 50 people downloaded that file. I got only 4 "thanks" there.

People just want more and more, but provide nothing when others ask here, and are incapable of even appreciating the gesture.

This all should happen in a spirit of community and sharing stuff to help. I'm not uploading to this forum anymore.

Sorry to hear that. I understand the frustration and really don't see why people can't make the minimal effort of saying thanks, especially for such a treasure.
In any case, I'd like to personally thank your efforts again, and wish you a happy holiday. I'm sure many appreciated this upload, even though most didn't give any feedback on it.

Good to see this thread is still going strong, but sad about this lack of appreciation for gargumma's hard work in building the collection. Does anyone have a copy of "The 2020 Stipin' Program, by Gargumma" they can upload? It looks quite amazing.

Massive REM fan here. Earlier in the year I had two 2TB drives stolen from me, one with my U2 collection and one with all my REM stuff. Fans of both groups were kind beyond the ordinary in replacing as much as possible with me. Then, in October, a miracle happened and the guards recovered both drives, undamaged in a raid. Pure chance.

Anyway, reflective of the kindness shown all year, the shite year that it has been and of @gargumma's comments above, here are a few bits and pieces. I'll stick a few more up later. All sourced and lossless unless indicated. Nollaig shona.

2005-07-02 - Make Poverty History [UK, Sun SUNCD01]{WAV}
2003-09-06 - The Big Noise - Artists in Support of Make Trade Fair [UK, none]{WAV}
1997-10-14 - A Life Less Ordinary [EU, A&M 540 837-2]{WAV}

Last edited:
In HMV the other day I spotted new REM vinyl live albums on some obscure label. There were CDs also, all from 1991 and earlier. My guess is that they are taking advantage of some rights loophole governing broadcast shows. Semi-official? You see a lot of these on streaming sites too, with GNR, Pearl Jam, U2 etc all represented. Anyway, here's one. Enjoy or not. Sourced & lossless:

2019-08-08 - R.E.M - Feeling Gravity's Pull (Live)[Digital]{FLAC}

PS: The date relates to when it was released, not the show date.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom