An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

OK, so here is my sob story. Many years ago, I built up a substantial collection of REM live concerts. Then, my hard drive went on the blink and lost everything. Not to be discouraged, I built up my library from scratch again, this time backing up my hard drive to my computer to ensure that I have two versions of my concert collection. Before long, some unsavory characters broke into my home, stealing both my hard drive and my laptop. What could I do? So I started collecting concerts for the third time, this time backed up in the cloud, so I hopefully will never again lose an REM concert again in my life.

However, I still need a few concerts to get back where I was, and online sharing sites have been locked down. However, I am keen to get my hands on as many concert recordings as exist. I am therefore going to break down REM's tours into years and hopefully someone can help me get a concert from that particular year. I'll share what I have, in the hope that you would do the same.

In the end, hopefully we can arrive at a comprehensive list of all the concerts for which recordings exist and own them all!

To start off, let's have a look at the year 1980. I know of three recordings:
1980-05-30 – 40 Watt Club
1980-06-06 – Wuxtry Records
1980-10-04 - Tyrone’S

I have all three shows in FLAC for those who are interested. Please let me know if there is any other concert from 1980 that may exist, or whether you want to download one of the ones that I have. I'll post something for 1981 soon.

That's amazing, man! Were you there?
Yes, I was there. It was amazing. Two five hour shows with The Baseball Project, The Minus 5, Filthy Friends, The Dream Syndicate, John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin etc. Vadsø is a very small city, only around 6000 lives there (I think). Only two hotels in Vadsø, so I was sharing hotel with the artists, and when I was leaving Vadsø, I was lucky to share my first flight of three with Mike, Peter, and Scott.

IMG_5004.JPG

IMG_4847.JPG
IMG_4850.JPG

Here's a little something: the recently uploaded material in audio format for completists like me.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6n3uhk

This package contains:

- The Baseball Project - Texarkana (live - Sun Station Vadsø, Vårbrudd, Vadsø, Norway, 24 June 2017)
- The Baseball Project - The One I Love (live - Sun Station Vadsø, Vårbrudd, Vadsø, Norway, 23 June 2017)

Both in high-quality MP3 format, since it was taken from the videos fanofrem posted, and they wouldn't be turned into real FLAC anyway.

- REM - Man On The Moon (live SNL, 1999.12.11 New York, NY)
- REM - The Great Beyond (live SNL, 1999.12.11 New York, NY)

Both in FLAC format, and apparently real FLAC, since all evidence points to a legit PCM stream in the VOB file inyourroom uploaded.

- A little freebie: an MP3 I made from a YouTube video of ITEOTWAWKI instrumental. No idea where this came from.

Enjoy!

The biggest highlight from Sun Station Vadsø 2017 festival. It's not performed by Mike, Peter, or Scott, but you all have to see it. It can't be any better than this.

Here's a little something: the recently uploaded material in audio format for completists like me.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6n3uhk

This package contains:

- The Baseball Project - Texarkana (live - Sun Station Vadsø, Vårbrudd, Vadsø, Norway, 24 June 2017)
- The Baseball Project - The One I Love (live - Sun Station Vadsø, Vårbrudd, Vadsø, Norway, 23 June 2017)

Both in high-quality MP3 format, since it was taken from the videos fanofrem posted, and they wouldn't be turned into real FLAC anyway.

- REM - Man On The Moon (live SNL, 1999.12.11 New York, NY)
- REM - The Great Beyond (live SNL, 1999.12.11 New York, NY)

Both in FLAC format, and apparently real FLAC, since all evidence points to a legit PCM stream in the VOB file inyourroom uploaded.

- A little freebie: an MP3 I made from a YouTube video of ITEOTWAWKI instrumental. No idea where this came from.

Enjoy!

Incredible! Thanks very, very much!

I'm new here but really impressed by what I see on the REM thread. I already picked up the Warzone Earth link (thanks Doctoracula!) and the 95 Tour compilation. I plan to spend the next few days combing the threads here!
One thing I am looking for is a rip of the 2nd Peter Buck solo album - I Am Back To Blow Your Mind Once Again. Does anyone have it? I own the vinyl but need to get my turntable out.

Last edited:
Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom