All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - TTY

Press release - true-to-you.net

26 October 2012

All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother's health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
who are these bands who play such lengthy sets? I've been going to gigs since 1981, have probably seen over 400 and i'm struggling to recall any over 90 minutes. Morrissey's setlists are fine.

Justin Beiber's set was about 90 minutes long!!!!

So...has anyone heard anything about how his mum is doing? Is she okay? I really hope so...

Heapy - Today, 10:49 AM

Huge Morrissey and Smiths fan from Manchester UK and couldn't believe it when he walked into the gym last night in Altrincham Cheshire UK to play badminton on the court next to us, amazing!!
Seen several performances in the UK and last November in Vegas, brilliant performance.

There are times when this site really jumps the shark -- this is one of those times...

As we know, Morrissey's mum is a "young mum". I assume she's in her early-mid 70s?
Oh I really think, she'll pull through.

Relevant idiom. Yes she's about 73-74, and I think Morrissey just needs to be with her while she recovers for a few weeks

who are these bands who play such lengthy sets? I've been going to gigs since 1981, have probably seen over 400 and i'm struggling to recall any over 90 minutes. Morrissey's setlists are fine.

2 hours is about normal
any major act,,,,,,,coldplay,u2......or any act from the past like depeche or the cure

Heapy - Today, 10:49 AM

Huge Morrissey and Smiths fan from Manchester UK and couldn't believe it when he walked into the gym last night in Altrincham Cheshire UK to play badminton on the court next to us, amazing!!
Seen several performances in the UK and last November in Vegas, brilliant performance.

I guess his mother is feeling better if he out playing badminton with the lads.

I figured the same thing.
Maybe Moz just wanted a tour break.

(I know I'm going to regret daring to kiddingly question The Lord Moz's integrity, but it's frankly not my problem that most of you are humorless sticks in the mud).

BUT, of course, to be completely fair, while I am not as paranoid as the typical Solowist here, I have to concede, there's no evidence that anonymous poster saying he saw Morrissey isn't making shit up...

since his fans have been so understanding and supportive of his situation, Morrissey should consider playing just and extra 5 songs or so per concert?

Great idea. You probably want to hear classics like Suedehead, Playboys, Now My Heart is Full, Lost, and Will Never Marry.

What you would likely to get if he added 5 songs: I Just Wanna See the Boy Happy, All You Need Is Me, Death at One's Elbow, Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice, and I Like You.

i wonder if/when we can expect any sort of update.

I heard from the promoter that there will be an update on Friday. There worried people will start to demand refunds if new dates are not announced in short order. According to this person from ticketmaster the new dates will commence in January with possibly some additional dates added to the tour. Stay tune and be patient

I guess his mother is feeling better if he out playing badminton with the lads.

I, for one, am delighted and relieved that Moz could take some time out for himself while I and hundreds of others sit on tickets for shows that, in all probability, really won't ever be rescheduled.

no offense to beiber but he has not even a fraction of a song catalog that morrissey or other acts have

The difference between Beiber and Morrissey is age.

Morrissey's vocal cords can only handle 70 minutes a night four days a week.

Dave Gahan or Paul Weller are of similar age but in my opinion are far better vocalist's than Morrissey.

If you purchase tickets don't cry about a short setlist.

I swear I saw him last night in Athens. He was eating a huge souvlaki kebab. Wearing sunglasses. Almost midnight. Smiling like the devil that nobody could recognise him. Then he finished and he had a cigarette or two. He seemed that really enjoyed it. A blond teenager appeared they kissed full in the mouth and as I followed them I found them having it in a dark little corner down by the Acropolis lights. I came closer and heard him saying " Ι made a fun of them all. Nobody knows I never had a mother ". Their laughing stopped exactly at the same time when a tiny spacecraft landed beside them. As good as I could hear Fantastic Bird was playing from inside the vehicle. They shook hands and as he jumped in he turned to me pulling a face tongue in cheek shouting "f*** MORRISSEY-SOLO!"... He flew away. Do you understand all you sycophantic slags in here? WAKE UP

Dave Gahan or Paul Weller are of similar age but in my opinion are far better vocalist's than Morrissey.

You clearly have no idea at all about singing technique if you can use an idiotic phrase like "vocal chords can only handle" in apparent seriousness.

And what constitutes a "better" vocalist is purely a matter of subjective opinion, not objective fact. Personally I think Gahan stinks to high heaven. And if you're measuring Morrissey purely by vocal technique or by the length of his setlist, you're totally missing the point anyway, so I don't know what you're doing here (apart from trolling).

I suggest that everyone return there Morrissey tickets for a refund and catch Depeche Mode in 2013!!!!

Dear old Moz is fair game for many things, politics, song writing, personal conduct etc. But surely, the reason we're all here is because he is beyond doubt a glorious singer, the best of our generation. If you don't think he's a great singer then truly, you are on the wrong forum.

Dear old Moz is fair game for many things, politics, song writing, personal conduct etc. But surely, the reason we're all here is because he is beyond doubt a glorious singer, the best of our generation. If you don't think he's a great singer then truly, you are on the wrong forum.

Agreed.

And if anybody thinks Weller is a finer singer than Moz then, truly, you are on the wrong planet :squiffy:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom