all new misheard lyrics

Abrahan

...with an N.
Subscriber
I keep hearing "pack em in ramen" during the song Staircase at the University.

That's a good one but I have some beauties for you. They will be embarrassing to confess.

I still can't get "Surrendered will.i.am before you..." out of my head on Smiler With Knife. :(

I still can't get "Surrendered will.i.am before you..." out of my head on Smiler With Knife. :(

And nor should you :)

Okay then here's my first one.

Istanbul: "Rolling Breakfast off the tongue"

I'll remember the others later.

Last edited:
When I first heard "Istanbul" the first few times I thought he was going to sing "Son can I..." but it was of course "sunken eyes".

Amending the Lyrics to WPINOYB

Before settling into a marathon session of “The Killing”, during which I’ll try to suppress the twisted desire of imagining our beloved singer-poet as the prime suspect (though that turns out to be a red herring – the real culprit is the Congressman’s advisor and love-interest!), let’s do some lyrical probing. General consensus about the new album is that the music is great, but the lyrics are poor. Now that we’ve had some time to let those lyrics soak in the electrical swamplands of our minds, let’s see if we can, a-hem, make some corrections. When I first listened to “Staircase” I heard:

“Crammin', jammin', pack-em-in rammin”

as

“Crammin', jammin', pack-em-in Ramen”

Yes, Ramen. It’s a well known stereotype that poor(er) university students in the U.S. consume vast amounts of Ramen – it’s cheap, fast and filling. Now, what strikes some people as silly about “Staircase” is the unbelievable relationship between father, boyfriend and student. Shaming the family, severed family ties? I would aver that most multigenerational college graduate families in the U.S. (I stress U.S. due to the three A’s line) no longer (did they ever?) place such a great value on academic performance. However, the histrionic response by father/boyfriend is more believable in the context of a first-generational college family. As recent studies show, female students are outperforming male students at all levels of higher education. And many of these students come from relatively poor, but upwardly mobile aspiring, immigrant families where the future welfare of the family is placed squarely on the shoulders of these young women. By failing to use “Ramen” (which connotes poverty, ethnicity, etc.) Moz missed a golden opportunity to write a universal song about the struggles of immigration and the changing face of gender relations. As it stands, it’s a myopic narrative about a wealthy sociopathic father and a cable-knit sweater wearing Ivy League boyfriend whose collective self-respect is a function of their daughter’s/girlfriend’s ability to get As. Who are these people, and why should we care? “Ramen” would also add a humorous touch (a la GIAComa) to soften the serious subject matter. And finally, in reference to the discussion on another thread regarding the whistle at the start of the song: it’s the sound of the boiling kettle of water for, you guessed it, the Ramen.

Not convinced? Well, let’s hear your improvements then! [Don’t think of this as brashly taking over the master’s work. No, think of it instead as sanding off the rough edges of an already completed masterpiece. You’re the Urbino to an incarcerated Mozzer, falsely accused of killing a news editor and leaving his body in a shallow grave in a dark, rainy forest of the Pacific Northwest.]

P.S. There’s gotta be something better out there than “mental in Valencia”.

Re: Amending the Lyrics to WPINOYB!

I do hope you're going to be watching the original Danish series Forbyrdelsen aka The Crime or The Killing. That American version is a steaming pile of faecal matter and a pointless venture, much like amending the lyrics to WPINOYB, but if it brings you enjoyment by all means have a go.

Last edited:

is a steaming pile of faecal matter and a pointless venture, but if it brings you enjoyment by all means have a go.

Coincidentally, this is also what the doctor told your mother right after she birthed you...

depends on the college as "college" has expanded on a lot of levels in the u.s.. at georgetown, a school i have experience with in the medical programs, the typical students have a lot expected at them from both the faculty and there parents family. same with hopkins (the university not the hostpital).

Coincidentally, this is also what the doctor told your mother right after she birthed you...

My god I really do pity the people that have to experience you in the real world. We are lucky here that we only have to put up with your online personalty. Does it happen often that you are surrounded by pissed of people and you're the only one who can't figure out why?

My god I really do pity the people that have to experience you in the real world. We are lucky here that we only have to put up with your online personalty. Does it happen often that you are surrounded by pissed of people and you're the only one who can't figure out why?

izm75Ym.png

“Crammin', jammin', pack-em-in Ramen”

Yes, Ramen. It’s a well known stereotype that poor(er) university students in the U.S. consume vast amounts of Ramen – it’s cheap, fast and filling. And finally, in reference to the discussion on another thread regarding the whistle at the start of the song: it’s the sound of the boiling kettle of water for, you guessed it, the Ramen.

Bravo. Very clever. :)

When I'd only heard World Peace Is None Of Your Business live I thought the line:

Brazil and Bahrain
Egypt, Ukraine

was:

Brazil and Bahrain
Eat if you can

I do hope you're going to be watching the original Danish series Forbyrdelsen aka The Crime or The Killing. That American version is a steaming pile of faecal matter and a pointless venture, much like amending the lyrics to WPINOYB, but if it brings you enjoyment by all means have a go.

I agree that the Danish version is better. However, Joel Kinnaman is a God among men, so . . .

Back
Top Bottom