Albums reissue in 2020

Anyone knows if this will go as planned? The article says,

"The announcement also revealed BMG will be re-issuing remasters of several Morrissey records next year. The planned re-releases - 'Southpaw Grammar', 'Maladjusted', 'You Are The Quarry', 'Ringleader of the Tormentors', 'Years of Refusal' and 'Live at the Hollywood Bowl' - will all get updated artwork and sleeve notes".

It does not say whether on CD, vinyl or both. I for one would love to grab them on vinyl for an accessible price.

This would be great, but the lack of news is slightly concerning. There's no mention of these releases anywhere, apart from the initial 'article' on MC.

It's very unlikely - the fan-base has crumbled by around 70% in the last two years making any release financially unviable. For any slim chance of recovery, Steve needs to start by telling the world that he no longer supports a far-right political party.

So far the only place where it was mentioned is that Central post from last year. Nobody knows what exactly was planned and if any reissues are going to go ahead or not.

My guess is that it would be either vinyl only or vinyl and CD. Can't imagine them doing it only on CD.

Alain also mentioned that he was completely unaware on one of the Twitter listening parties.
That didn't surprise me though because I wouldn't expect him to be involved in it.

A large part of the (physical) record industry is on hiatus. Many places destined to sell deluxe vinyl editions are going out of business or trying to survive/adapt. Record Store Day (love it or hate it) was lifeblood to many of those shops and that being moved/staggered hasn't helped. Some artists have withdrawn from the event and sold items directly from their websites - again, hurting retailers.
Record pressing plants have been working through this crisis though - so it is not impossible to source the product (the Moz RSD vinyl is just sat waiting for its new release date - being boxed and ready). The logistics thereafter is probably what's on hold for new releases especially as every location is in a different state of recovery.
As I've bored on about previously, not all of the albums mentioned are things they can just churn out as BMG don't have the rights to all of them and they will have to work with Moz (him being in the very slowly returning to 'normal' UK might not help that or the residency).
I would expect there to be an announcement of some variety after June, maybe July. That said, people should factor in a variety of things like Central haven't always posted accurate information, it could be bluster/hearsay via SER, a lot has changed since that post and subsequent cancellations of gigs and the band being separated will all potentially have an impact etc...
Regards,
FWD.

It's very unlikely - the fan-base has crumbled by around 70% in the last two years making any release financially unviable. For any slim chance of recovery, Steve needs to start by telling the world that he no longer supports a far-right political party.
Hells Bells Anony when are you gona say something, anything different? You are a broken recording of a demented parrot...Whose not a pretty boy then???

He likes it as he's as thick as two short planks, two being better than one obviously!
two will always be better than one unless we are talking about a double hernia or being double crossed.

Googling 'Morrissey vinyl reissues' is now the same waste of time as googling 'new Cure album 2020'.

Googling 'Morrissey vinyl reissues' is now the same waste of time as googling 'new Cure album 2020'.
Ugh, don’t mention that debacle. What in God’s name is Robert up to?!

Ugh, don’t mention that debacle. What in God’s name is Robert up to?!
Surely it has to be released this year. I just hope the wait is worth it. I'm not a fan of Reeves Gabrels. In concert he sucks the life out of the setlist with his sour face and seemingly total lack of interest. There is no chemistry between them. They'd be better off as a four piece. I think Jason isn't great either. He likes hitting the high hat (I think that's what it's called) and the tinny sounding drums. Bring back Boris. But Robert, Simon, and Roger are always great.

Surely it has to be released this year. I just hope the wait is worth it. I'm not a fan of Reeves Gabrels. In concert he sucks the life out of the setlist with his sour face and seemingly total lack of interest. There is no chemistry between them. They'd be better off as a four piece. I think Jason isn't great either. He likes hitting the high hat (I think that's what it's called) and the tinny sounding drums. Bring back Boris. But Robert, Simon, and Roger are always great.
The way Robert described it last year, it sounded gorgeously gloomy. There’s been way too many albums with a lack of focus, so a thematic album like that would be perfect. I’m just scared he’ll chicken out. And I totally agree regarding the lineup. How do you feel about Perry Bamonte? I liked him.

The way Robert described it last year, it sounded gorgeously gloomy. There’s been way too many albums with a lack of focus, so a thematic album like that would be perfect. I’m just scared he’ll chicken out. And I totally agree regarding the lineup. How do you feel about Perry Bamonte? I liked him.
I liked Perry. But my fav line up was for the Prayer Tour in '89: Smith, Gallup, Thompson, Williams, Roger. I think the late Andy Anderson was ace on drums for The Top and the Concert LP. The Wish line up was great too with Perry.

I liked Perry. But my fav line up was for the Prayer Tour in '89: Smith, Gallup, Thompson, Williams, Roger. I think the late Andy Anderson was ace on drums for The Top and the Concert LP. The Wish line up was great too with Perry.
I get annoyed every time I think of Porl because of his guitar histrionics in 2005-2008, which led to the complete lack of keyboards during those years. Dreadful for their sound. But he did great on Kiss me and Disintegration.

I get annoyed every time I think of Porl because of his guitar histrionics in 2005-2008, which led to the complete lack of keyboards during those years. Dreadful for their sound. But he did great on Kiss me and Disintegration.
100%. They need keyboards. I put together a lovely Synth playlist on Spotift and included A Forest on it. I would never have considered that song as 'synth' but they feature heavily at the start especially. I wish they would do that more. The keyboards on Disintegration were amazing and made that record IMHO.

100%. They need keyboards. I put together a lovely Synth playlist on Spotift and included A Forest on it. I would never have considered that song as 'synth' but they feature heavily at the start especially. I wish they would do that more. The keyboards on Disintegration were amazing and made that record IMHO.
Their keyboard heavy songs are gorgeous. They use them to great atmospheric effect. Another one that comes to mind is the beautiful 1987 b-side Breathe.

Back
Top Bottom