Alain Whyte plays his own original song: Born to Hang

Wait! Wha?

the wrong one ! :lbf: doh:

?

another day another AlainT Moz video.?
AlainT why not make a video singing happy birthday to your lawnmower buddy, FH Mike and give
Moz a break for a day.?

Interesting choice of title and intriguing lyrics.

Didn't he tell in Julie Hamill's interview recently, that he wrote it around 1994, unaware that Moz had recorded a (then unreleased) song with the same title in 1991. Not sure if the melody was offered to him, but a good tune nevertheless.

Didn't he tell in Julie Hamill's interview recently, that he wrote it around 1994, unaware that Moz had recorded a (then unreleased) song with the same title in 1991. Not sure if the melody was offered to him, but a good tune nevertheless.

A few years back, both Alain and Spencer shared the original recording on FB and YouTube - I believe it was said to be recorded circa 1996, as they mentioned recording it in the interim between Southpaw and Maladjusted, with Gary Day on bass. This recording was taken down shortly before Alain released the new version on his second EP.

@Jamie: as always, well informed and with the details the old hardcore fans want know. I thought, he told Julie recently, he wrote it in 1994, but I might be wrong. Has a recording with Spence and Gaz survived (mp3)?

Thanks for the information, Jamie. What do you think about Alain's teasing about a coming release for the fans of the old Morrissey (band). A recording with former members (Spencer) of an unreleased Morrissey track maybe? He hinted something ,when talking about "Home is...", his original demo from the Quarry era, where Morrissey had a vocal take, taped down.

Welcome to the murky world of hazy details.
Alain is cited to be around in the studio during the first Pregnant... / Born To Hang recording (Moz version) in 1990 - with only harmonica in hand.
Spencer asserted the track they worked on / now played acoustic was around '96 (and was a song played years later by Red Lightning).
Given his comments today - he wasn't hugely involved back in '90.

Edit:
Alain states it was written in '94 via the comments on the YT video (and Julie's interview):
"there was but when I wrote my version back in 1994.
I never knew he had written a song of the same title. It had been unreleased up until about 6 years ago"

He adds:
"I didn’t play on that version. Boz and Jonny Bridgewood did with Mark Nevin."
Regarding the Morrissey version.

and offers:
"I like the tune a lot. I never knew he wrote that song as it was unreleased for the longest time."
As an explanation for being unaware of the Moz version.

The song in question:

(Supposition deleted due to clarity from AW).
Mystery solved :)
Regards,
FWD.

Add:
Home... would be excellent.
Alain debunking some lyrics to his version falsely kicking around (audio mentioned):

Back
Top Bottom