Alain Whyte plays a tune

Moz also owes a lot to Marc Ronson. I always felt that the production made a huge difference.
Just compare the 2 Nevin penned songs on YA to almost anything on Kill Uncle.

Yes, I think it was certainly Mick Ronson who was the hero of Your Arsenal.

Video for the new track:

Regards,
FWD.

Boz wrote some great stuff. But the artistic success of Your Arsenal is to a significant extent about Alain's flair as a lead guitarist and writer. If Morrissey had delivered a duff album at that point, after the poor reception of Kill Uncle and the Finsbury Park controversy, he would have been on the ropes. He owes Alain an awful lot.

Morrissey knows how to pick them.

:thumb::cool:

Alain be grateful.

You know what, I was gonna say what a stupid comment, because they should all be equals in their own right, Alain was definitely Moz’s equal when it came to musical contribution!
But you’re right, as it stands, Jesse, Gustavo, Mando, and whoever else.. should be very grateful & privileged, what a touch they’ve had, aligning themselves with an icon like Morrissey. Cos they’re absolutely shite musicians, only there cos Moz likes effeminate men, ones he can mentally dominate, preferably of Latino descent with nice shiny skin and bright white teeth. Can you imagine any of those guys ever questioning or arguing with Morrissey lol. They’re his bitches, there to boost his ego and feed him grapes.

That's arguably racist??

Song isn't bad, sounds like post 2001 Echo and the bunnymen. The video on the other hand is hilariously bad, David Brent-esque.

agreed - his voice has a similar quality to Ian McColluch's.
also agree about how brutal the video is. It's like he's trying to do some kind of Rick Astley impression. yikes.

also, this video makes me really wonder whether Jesse was unwilling or incapable of playing that 'this charming man riff'.
I'm thinking the latter, but it really shouldn't be that hard for a working lead guitarist to work that out.
moz really lost out by alain no longer being in the band. he had a really nice flair and was a great songwriter (of music, anyway, as opposed to lyrics) to boot.

Sure Alain is a very good musician and the lad can sing. And he certainly seems like a nice person.

But the lyrics to his recent stuff have been painfully generic and just bad. And the no budget videos are so cringey.

It's sad to see one of Moz fans' heroes so desperately trying to revive a career.

Wait...what?

I was certainly NOT saying that the songs on YA were bad - I like them a lot - but the production elevated them to a higher level in my opinion. I like the roughness, the energy, the stylistic change of direction after Kill Uncle. I also think that Marc Ronson was very helpful in creating the band's sound, one that fitted with their image.

I was certainly NOT saying that the songs on YA were bad - I like them a lot - but the production elevated them to a higher level in my opinion. I like the roughness, the energy, the stylistic change of direction after Kill Uncle. I also think that Marc Ronson was very helpful in creating the band's sound, one that fitted with their image.

You are absolutely right with everything you say about Mick Ronson. ;)

Don’t know ‘bout that, though I think
Boz’s were more interesting.

All those that work or have worked with Morrissey should be grateful for the privilege.

No debate.

:cool:

Absolutely! 1 man doesn't make a team! Comments like BOYS makes me wonder why they even collect anything to do with moz/smiths.

Jason

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom