Alain Whyte: Glamorous Glue - electric (June 6, 2020)

20200606_184818.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

alains getting better at the singing,his guitar playing is top drawer.
when he said a few months back something special was happening,was it these,think it was.

Tremendous Alain, keep them coming, loving the lockdown sessions ?

Better this than watching baboons running around wrecking the place

Rock n Roll baby !

Yep. Beautiful black music.

Alain being a Bowie fan ....

Bowie being a Chuck Berry and Bo Diddly fan ......

“David Bowie’s first United States concert was in Cleveland on 22 September 1972 and somewhere between the next stop, Memphis, and New York, Bowie began to write “The Jean Genie.” Either Mick Ronson or Bowie’s old friend George Underwood (depending on which interview you read) was in the back of the tour bus playing Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley songs on an acoustic guitar, which devolved into variations on the “I’m A Man” riff (“Bus, bus, bus…we’re goin’ busin’!” was the refrain). Bowie took the idea of playing off the “Man” riff and had a song in a few days.”

Last edited:
Sadly, Alain's humble offerings has been a lot more entertaining than anything put out on Morrissey Central over the past few weeks (or, ever). I'd swap all of the crappy photoshop pictures, conspiracy theorist videos and Fiona Dodwell arselicking essays for a single video of Morrissey singing in lockdown, direct from his bedroom at his Mum's house.

Heck - stick out a series of them, sans any half-baked political ideology, and maybe Morrissey would be trending on social media for the actual music, you know? Instead of all the other crap that gets in the way.

Once again many thanks Alain for doing this for us in these strange times.
I‘d be eternally grateful if you would be so kind and play Now My Heart Is Full.
Cheers Alain.

Benny ?? :knife:

Sadly, Alain's humble offerings has been a lot more entertaining than anything put out on Morrissey Central over the past few weeks (or, ever). I'd swap all of the crappy photoshop pictures, conspiracy theorist videos and Fiona Dodwell arselicking essays for a single video of Morrissey singing in lockdown, direct from his bedroom at his Mum's house.

Heck - stick out a series of them, sans any half-baked political ideology, and maybe Morrissey would be trending on social media for the actual music, you know? Instead of all the other crap that gets in the way.

Agree. That would be cool.

But Morrissey wouldn’t be Morrissey if
he did what people expect an artist to do.

And he won’t hear people’s complaints here, so why bother.

Though I guess folks need to vent.

Blikey fark arse twat tit. I reckon the Pasadena Son has the same couch as me from Living Spaces blood hell lot impostor getting bread inn nn nnn nnn nn n n it.

I lost track of everything after the Smiths split. It was always Johnny, Morrissey, Rourke and Joyce for me. I couldn't bring myself to to think it could ever be a different line up. I still struggle with the 'new' band members names after all these years. I only knew Morrissey was singing so I carried on listening. It would be nice if he could stop being Morrissey Solo, and be in a band again. Acknowledge his players, whittle them down a little, get back to a four piece and choose a name for the WHOLE band. The Browns perhaps? Morrissey needs to stop being solo and start being in a band again. People as recognisable as him. A drummer, a bassist, and a lead guitarist. Where I can point my finger and say 'that's the drummer, that's the bass player, that's the guitarist' He needs to have band members with as much charisma as himself. And as much natural talent. Band members who aren't just there to provide a backdrop, but who are there first and foremost to create a 'sound' a recognisable one, a unique one. I love Morrissey, but I want him to be in a group again so that when he becomes a little tiresome, I can look to equally talented musicians in his band and admire them as much as I admire Morrissey. I always loved Rourke as a part of the lineup. Irrespective of his great bass playing. I liked his smiling face, instantly recognisable, he made the Smiths for me. My fondness for the Smiths is very much intertwined with my fondness for Andy.
Somewhat surprisingly, Andy turned up at one of the Star and Garter Smiths nights once. Did you ever attend yourself, Dale?

I lost track of everything after the Smiths split. It was always Johnny, Morrissey, Rourke and Joyce for me. I couldn't bring myself to to think it could ever be a different line up. I still struggle with the 'new' band members names after all these years. I only knew Morrissey was singing so I carried on listening. It would be nice if he could stop being Morrissey Solo, and be in a band again. Acknowledge his players, whittle them down a little, get back to a four piece and choose a name for the WHOLE band. The Browns perhaps? Morrissey needs to stop being solo and start being in a band again. People as recognisable as him. A drummer, a bassist, and a lead guitarist. Where I can point my finger and say 'that's the drummer, that's the bass player, that's the guitarist' He needs to have band members with as much charisma as himself. And as much natural talent. Band members who aren't just there to provide a backdrop, but who are there first and foremost to create a 'sound' a recognisable one, a unique one. I love Morrissey, but I want him to be in a group again so that when he becomes a little tiresome, I can look to equally talented musicians in his band and admire them as much as I admire Morrissey. I always loved Rourke as a part of the lineup. Irrespective of his great bass playing. I liked his smiling face, instantly recognisable, he made the Smiths for me. My fondness for the Smiths is very much intertwined with my fondness for Andy.
He needs a group name because his own name has become completely toxic, as much as anything else. Radio stations won't play 'Morrissey'. People feel uncomfortable buying 'Morrissey' albums and going to see 'Morrissey'. He isn't actually a solo artist anyway. He's a singer in a pop group. And that group needs a name.

God, it breaks my heart. What a loss this man has been :(

Hopefully Morrissey has been watching these, especially this one, and something clicks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom