Alain Whyte & Band: "Tell Me" - 'lockdown' version premiered (August 5, 2020)

anyone watching?

Tell Me is the next single to be released by Alain Whyte and both the video and song feature the debut of current band members (some of whom he’s worked with in the past in various bands. Most notably, Morrissey), Gary Day, Spencer Cobrin and Craig Gannon. Guesting on violin is Sophie Loyer.

The video/song was recorded both in the US and the UK during the era of COVID-19 as a lockdown offering. The song will be the lead track and featured single on the Tell Me EP. The release date is TBD.
Please leave comments and share if it suits. Always appreciated!
**SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel while you're here (please). Thanks :)

http://www.alainwhytemusic.com

IG:
http://www.instagram.com/alainwhytemusic

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/alainwhytemusic

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/alainwhytemusic

AppleMusic:

https://music.apple.com/us/artist/ala
Spotify:
https://spoti.fi/3cuOq9w

Tell Me is ©2020 ALSDEN Recordings/AlainWhyteMusic.
℗Barrowgang Publishing

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey has released four good albums as a soloist. There could have been so many more if he had kept Gannon, Rourke, Street in the line-up. He wasted decades of possibility.

Morrissey has released four good albums as a soloist. There could have been so many more if he had kept Gannon, Rourke, Street in the line-up. He wasted decades of possibility.

🤒

those lawnmower wankers couldnt write a mellow yellow commercial jingle if they put their collective knobs together FFS. :blushing:

No he wrote "Die, Wanker" on Morrissey's garage. And this did happen according to Simon Goddard.

As a bass player myself, my opinion is that Jonny Bridgwood was a definite upgrade from Gary Day. And Morrissey should have kept Jonny and paid him what he was worth. Compare the bass playing on Arsenal (Day) with Vauxhall (Bridgwood) and judge for yourself. Or go on YT and watch Live in Dallas (Day) and then watch Introducing Morrissey (Bridgwood) and judge for yourself. If you're not a musician you might not be a good judge. But Morrissey, after being with Rourke for so many years, should have been a better judge of talent.

🤒

those lawnmower wankers couldnt write a mellow yellow commercial jingle if they put their collective knobs together FFS. :blushing:

Sarcasm I hope. Morrissey's second best studio album was completely written by Stephen Street (Viva Hate) as was all his excellent singles in 1988-1990, including b-sides Will Never Marry and Hairdresser on Fire. Rourke played bass on Interesting Drug, and Playboys, and wrote Lucky Lisp and Girl Least Likely To. Gannon is an amazing guitarist. And Street is the best Indie producer that Englad has ever witnessed.

Sarcasm I hope. Morrissey's second best studio album was completely written by Stephen Street (Viva Hate) as was all his excellent singles in 1988-1990, including b-sides Will Never Marry and Hairdresser on Fire. Rourke played bass on Interesting Drug, and Playboys, and wrote Lucky Lisp and Girl Least Likely To. Gannon is an amazing guitarist. And Street is the best Indie producer that Englad has ever witnessed.

🤒

WtF? all moochers FFS😳
Moz has said many times how that doofus Street almost ruined his early material. Moz had to fight to straighten it out. An absolute dork.😶

DH Andy and Gannon have been unemployed every since due to sucking.🕷

overall...this is not great.
- lyrics are shit.
- vocal melodies are terrible.
- singing is barely ok
- why does Gary look so uncomfortable? It's like he left the hanger in his shirt when he put it on
- Gannon's guitar is really nice and suits the song well
- whoever edited this video is an idiot.
- why does Alain continue playing guitar long after the song has faded out??

No he wrote "Die, Wanker" on Morrissey's garage. And this did happen according to Simon Goddard.

As a bass player myself, my opinion is that Jonny Bridgwood was a definite upgrade from Gary Day. And Morrissey should have kept Jonny and paid him what he was worth. Compare the bass playing on Arsenal (Day) with Vauxhall (Bridgwood) and judge for yourself. Or go on YT and watch Live in Dallas (Day) and then watch Introducing Morrissey (Bridgwood) and judge for yourself. If you're not a musician you might not be a good judge. But Morrissey, after being with Rourke for so many years, should have been a better judge of talent.

I'm no bass player but I agree that Bridgwood was an upgrade from Gary Day and was the second best bassist Morrissey's ever worked with (behind Andy, of course). However, I do think Gary improved a lot in his second stint with the band (1999-2006) compared to when he first joined for the 1991 tour and Your Arsenal LP.

I was never really crazy about Solomon Walker, though. At least Jonny, Gary, and Mando Lopez can actually play Smiths bass lines correctly.

overall...this is not great.
- lyrics are shit.
- vocal melodies are terrible.
- singing is barely ok
- why does Gary look so uncomfortable? It's like he left the hanger in his shirt when he put it on
- Gannon's guitar is really nice and suits the song well
- whoever edited this video is an idiot.
- why does Alain continue playing guitar long after the song has faded out??
Harsh but fair (plus moderately amusing)

Craig had the best Pompadour in Manchester ever. I wonder if he sings. He has a deep whispery voice. Sort of angry. Alain and Craig were both beautys with big guitars.

Just listened and I liked it a lot. Song was good and Alain was better than I was expecting vocally. I liked the vocal melody. The vocal and the lyrics were missing just a little something to give the song more character or persona though. A funny line added here or there or even a naked vulnerable one to hint. It needs something to to personalize it for the listener. A few inflections could even help do the trick

Great song. He really needs to remove those sorry-looking wall lights though. Even the shades don't match.
Screenshot-2020-08-09-at-12-02-05.png

:rolleyes:

maybe a bit of your dumb guitar :guitar:
will do the trick and catapult this sucky
song to the top of the charts, what do you say DramaJ?:lbf:
🤒

you and AlainT can do a 🦍+🐸 vocal melody which
is something you dont normally listen to on the internet
radio:blushing:

This must have made Spencer feel at least 5 feet 6 inches since his ridiculous meltdown on Facebook last month.

I'm no bass player but I agree that Bridgwood was an upgrade from Gary Day and was the second best bassist Morrissey's ever worked with (behind Andy, of course). However, I do think Gary improved a lot in his second stint with the band (1999-2006) compared to when he first joined for the 1991 tour and Your Arsenal LP.

I would argue that Gary and Jonny were best suited to the albums they played on - though, at a push, it would have been interesting to hear Gary play on Southpaw. Boz's bass work on "Do Your Best And Don't Worry" seems like a "what would Gary Day play" moment on the album. It feels like a similar attack as the bassline on "Tomorrow."

Gary's work on Quarry and Tormentors was sterling - fully of melody and good choices. On the latter, it's one of the few aspects of the music I am unabashedly fond of.

Last edited:
Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom