Alain plays Southpaw

Blurb..."Have not played this song since I tracked it in the studio. Here's a snippet but maybe when I finally crawl out of my rock and go solo, I'll play this song. Bring out the lads."

Original FB post:

Not a great effort by any standards, but interesting that he is obviously feeling nostalgic for that time.

Not a great effort by any standards, but interesting that he is obviously feeling nostalgic for that time.

Gee, it was just a quip to show what he can do with the new kit, live, with this outstanding guitar lines, that to me were incredibly good.
It only confirms to me he is an outstanding guitarist, but I didn't need that confirmation.
Thinking about the possibility he would do some life shows with a band I would try the utmost to be present.
I hope he gets inspired to do that.
Thank you very much Alain, and thanks to Uncleskinny too for kindly asking him ;).

Blurb..."Have not played this song since I tracked it in the studio. Here's a snippet but maybe when I finally crawl out of my rock and go solo, I'll play this song. Bring out the lads."

Original FB post:

I know he's playing a guitar, but he's really blowing his own horn there ! :lbf: as he should. What deep rockers Alain wrote with M.
He is MISSED.

I wonder if what Alain has wrote on his own measures up to songs like this. In the same way, Marr's compositions on his own don't move me as much(or not at all) as the ones he wrote with M.

Ever heard the string-laden out take version of Southpaw? Crikey its awesome

Moz once said

"Southpaw belonged only to that moment in 1995, and none other."

Cool - I much prefer hearing this than hearing Alain play Smiths songs. Here the guy who actually played on the record is doing it, so it means much more. I'd certainly be up for going to an Alain gig to hear him play those old solo songs.

Excellent! Very cool hearing a solo track played like this.
Alain's never been a bitter, petty guy. Part of his charm.

Musos: are people using this device Alain has in concerts regularly? Seems like a great way to re-create an album's guitar overdubs.

Moz once said
"Southpaw belonged only to that moment in 1995, and none other."

Too bad because I've always felt it would work well live perhaps as a main set closer, or a mid-set epic (allowing Moz to go out back for a couple minutes and change his shirt as the band wail on once the vocals finish)

Too bad because I've always felt it would work well live perhaps as a main set closer, or a mid-set epic (allowing Moz to go out back for a couple minutes and change his shirt as the band wail on once the vocals finish)

Maybe it's one of many occations where there is too much emotional attachment to the song, so Moz won't sing it.

Happy birthday Alain!
Have a great day :thumb:

Maybe it's one of many occations where there is too much emotional attachment to the song, so Moz won't sing it.

I hope this isn't the case.
They should be minimised to only one.
If that is Southpaw, so be it.

I don't have the impression he is excluding songs from his life-shows due to them being too emotional for him.
I think he wants to express them.
But you might have a different opinion.
I am interested in which songs that could be. :thumb:

Alan getting to grips with a looping pedal?
Could he be the new ... Ed Sheeran?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom