A thread for people suffering from depression

People who invent excuses to explain why they can't do some things, well, they actually don't dare -for any reason- to explain to themselves or to others they actually don't desire to do those things. It's so easy but so difficult at the same time...
As a social worker I bet you caused a lot of grief and depression in people since the social services no matter what country it's in are just one arm of a corrupt society.
They take peoples kids and place them in the home of a former social worker and it is all if you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Very funny that someone like you with such high morals is working for the most evil part of society.
This explains a lot.
As for those people they are unable to admit it to themselves and others cause doing so would kill them and I know more than one case where they ended up with a heart attack.

Life is a purgatory. Religions refer to after life as a sort of heaven because our present life is just the opposite, no matter how good you think your life is. Most of the time we live deceived in a state of hapiness or something like that. During some moments of clarity we see things just as they are and that sight is almost unbearable. That's when we say we are depressed. Some people, for some reason, enjoy more moments of clarity than others. But that luck is a curse at the same time since the pain is bigger. That's when they are labeled as clinically depressed because "they can't function". They are considered mentally ill for the reason they can't cope with pain. That's my theory on depression.
Personally, I've developed a trick to avoid pain and I put myself in a mental state of self induced hapiness or self-deception. I try to help others when I can do it. If you are smart you are more prone to see this purgatory just as it is. If you are smarter you kick the shit out of it.
Or they just need to take their meds and not the tablets made in evil labs by evil people. For some reason people are unable to find their own answers despite the whole world being available on a screen.
The world has moved on a lot when it comes to being able to cure things but not with the help of doctors cause you need to cure yourself cause the doctors don't want to cure anyone cause that is like destroying their own bread.

As a social worker I bet you caused a lot of grief and depression in people since the social services no matter what country it's in are just one arm of a corrupt society.
They take peoples kids and place them in the home of a former social worker and it is all if you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Very funny that someone like you with such high morals is working for the most evil part of society.
This explains a lot.
As for those people they are unable to admit it to themselves and others cause doing so would kill them and I know more than one case where they ended up with a heart attack.

I'm not a social worker and I never ever worked for any government or state. And furthermore I wasn't talking about people with any kind of limitations. I was talking about people who actually can do certain things but they invent excuses for not doing them just because they don't want to do those things. But they don't dare to admit that circumstance to themselves or to other people.

I find this to be helpful:

The Serenity Prayer is the common name for a prayer written by the American theologian Reinhold Niebuhr:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Another saying that I keep in the forefront of my mind is, "There but for the grace of God, go I."

It is all too easy to get caught up in the inner turmoil of our own lives that we forget to appreciate the blessings bestowed upon us. I drive to work everyday from a fairly upscale part of town and on my way into the city I often see homeless people sleeping on bus stop benches, or walking in dirty clothes suffering from mental illness or from some other life altering event that led them to the path of homelessness.

At that moment, it is impossible to consider anything other than a sense of empathy for what their lives must be like. All other considerations or concerns are lifted from my heart and mind.

Today's technological world is becoming more isolating leaving many feeling isolated from society and their own value within. Feelings of being a part of something are being replaced with feelings of being apart from everything. A cloud of separateness has descended like a nuclear fallout, and many are left to deal with the effects on their own.

I find this to be helpful:

The Serenity Prayer is the common name for a prayer written by the American theologian Reinhold Niebuhr:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Another saying that I keep in the forefront of my mind is, "There but for the grace of God, go I."

It is all too easy to get caught up in the inner turmoil of our own lives that we forget to appreciate the blessings bestowed upon us. I drive to work everyday from a fairly upscale part of town and on my way into the city I often see homeless people sleeping on bus stop benches, or walking in dirty clothes suffering from mental illness or from some other life altering event that led them to the path of homelessness.

At that moment, it is impossible to consider anything other than a sense of empathy for what their lives must be like. All other considerations or concerns are lifted from my heart and mind.

Today's technological world is becoming more isolating leaving many feeling isolated from society and their own value within. Feelings of being a part of something are being replaced with feelings of being apart from everything. A cloud of separateness has descended like a nuclear fallout, and many are left to deal with the effects on their own.
maybe they're living a more authentic life than you? I feel sorry for people who think that comfort is everything in life and that they must automatically be living a better life for having it than those who don't have it. you being in a position of comfort does not make you an authourity on the best way to live ones life.

I'm not a social worker and I never ever worked for any government or state. And furthermore I wasn't talking about people with any kind of limitations. I was talking about people who actually can do certain things but they invent excuses for not doing them just because they don't want to do those things. But they don't dare to admit that circumstance to themselves or to other people.
Procrastination is the word you are looking for but the word for it in spanish will turn your tongue into a nice little bow for xmas so don't do it girl.

Procrastination is the word you are looking for but the word for it in spanish will turn your tongue into a nice little bow for xmas so don't do it girl.

Procrastinación is the spanish word you are talking about. It could be a subspecies of depresion.

But no, I was talking about a conduct more related with self deception than with procrastination. It's not about a person postponing something s/he knows that has to be done. I was talking about someone who didn't arrive to that stage. This person is making excuses to deceive himself and/or others about why he can't do something. The difference may seem very sutil, I know, but it's huge.

Procrastinación is the spanish word you are talking about. It could be a subspecies of depresion.

But no, I was talking about a conduct more related with self deception than with procrastination. It's not about a person postponing something s/he knows that has to be done. I was talking about someone who didn't arrive to that stage. This person is making excuses to deceive himself and/or others about why he can't do something. The difference may seem very sutil, I know, but it's huge.
A hoarder then and they all suffer from depression. I think you are trying to find an explanation that is not there and we've sort of solved it already.
I've dealt with one extreme case and he ended up shifting the discussion to other things all the time like claiming that the earth is flat not that he believed in that but to separate himself from all the rest.
He was so triggered when those around him agreed on something they found was positive like the experience of the friendly staff at the funeral home which made him stand up red in face and tell a story that was not true how they were horrible to him when someone related to him died.
Me and his mother just looked at each other smiling. Procrastination is always a vital part of depression and cleaning even a small home is like climbing a mountain to those people.
But when it came to the one I knew who found excuses it was of course a defence mechanism to hide the fact that he had wasted his life away on nothing and missed out on opportunities. Denial is strong in everyone and in particular in people with depression, maybe not when they get help but later on.

A hoarder then and they all suffer from depression. I think you are trying to find an explanation that is not there and we've sort of solved it already.
I've dealt with one extreme case and he ended up shifting the discussion to other things all the time like claiming that the earth is flat not that he believed in that but to separate himself from all the rest.
He was so triggered when those around him agreed on something they found was positive like the experience of the friendly staff at the funeral home which made him stand up red in face and tell a story that was not true how they were horrible to him when someone related to him died.
Me and his mother just looked at each other smiling. Procrastination is always a vital part of depression and cleaning even a small home is like climbing a mountain to those people.
But when it came to the one I knew who found excuses it was of course a defence mechanism to hide the fact that he had wasted his life away on nothing and missed out on opportunities. Denial is strong in everyone and in particular in people with depression, maybe not when they get help but later on.

there was a poster on here named urbanus who used to get very depressed. then he would ride the wang wagon and feel very happy.

there was a poster on here named urbanus who used to get very depressed. then he would ride the wang wagon and feel very happy.
But then he died in Biarritz from a heart attack and is now in a wooden box about to get cremated returning home to Sweden in a steel one.

"When Last I Spoke To URBAN"
When last I spoke to URBAN I said:
"I can't pretend it gets easier."
he said:
"I've hung on, I have edged around this narrow ledge since the day I was born in 1975."
When last I spoke to URBAN I said:
"I can't pretend I feel love for you."
he said:
"I've hammered a smile across this pasty face of mine since the day I was born in 1975."
When I said goodbye to URBAN
black earth upon the casket fell
he had faded to
something I always knew
to the rescue
Pernilla always comes.

But then he died in Biarritz from a heart attack and is now in a wooden box about to get cremated returning home to Sweden in a steel one.

the wang wagon flag will fly at half mast for urbanus.

Some time back, I was taking large doses of zinc (100mg daily). I'd been taking this for some years and knew it wasn't a good idea long term as it can make you copper deficient. So I stopped it. Within a few weeks I became very depressed. It got worse and worse - proper 'I don't think I can carry on' stuff. At first I didn't make the connection with the zinc, but then I thought, 'I wonder...?' and did some Googling. Turns out low zinc can be a cause of depression. I reinstated the zinc and felt fine within a couple of days. I don't take it at all now (unless I have a cold or something), and I'm not depressed so my levels must be fine now. But it's yet another example of how poor nutrition can cause depression.

Some time back, I was taking large doses of zinc (100mg daily). I'd been taking this for some years and knew it wasn't a good idea long term as it can make you copper deficient. So I stopped it. Within a few weeks I became very depressed. It got worse and worse - proper 'I don't think I can carry on' stuff. At first I didn't make the connection with the zinc, but then I thought, 'I wonder...?' and did some Googling. Turns out low zinc can be a cause of depression. I reinstated the zinc and felt fine within a couple of days. I don't take it at all now (unless I have a cold or something), and I'm not depressed so my levels must be fine now. But it's yet another example of how poor nutrition can cause depression.
It is extremely important for so many things and you better keep your copper low anyway cause it's not like it is particularly good for you.
Zinc will also help keep your skin oil in check and your skin will be much stronger and if you cut yourself it heals faster.
Check out propolis next which is what bees use to fend off bacteria and fungus but go for the non alcohol one, the black propolis.

nobody gives a shit about urbanus. where is 12", that's the real question.
His new lover boy killed him and stole his work accounts and is now drinking an umbrella drink in a coconut country waiting for the next storm.

People who invent excuses to explain why they can't do some things, well, they actually don't dare -for any reason- to explain to themselves or to others they actually don't desire to do those things. It's so easy but so difficult at the same time...

The world is almost completely void of inspiration. Except nature and some art. Everyone is staring at their phones everywhere you go and are completely closed off

They might invent excuses but it takes real courage to try to be an inspiration to someone. Even if they dont appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom