2010 Winter Olympics - Vancouver

[
gretchen_bleiler.jpg

This photo looks ridiculous. What exactly is hot about stringy hair with that unbecoming thing on her head, an oily body and puffy stripper coat? :confused::p Also correct me if I'm wrong, but she also has cum gutters.

Boycotting the olympics or wishing nastiness upon the events because of seal slaughter is repulsive. These athletes have been working their asses off for years, they didn't pick the venue. Grow up.

We didn't pick the venue either; it is easier for us to boycott than for them to because they have so much invested in the games, thus WE are boycotting.:cool:

Too cool for school.

Boycotting the olympics or wishing nastiness upon the events because of seal slaughter is repulsive. These athletes have been working their asses off for years, they didn't pick the venue. Grow up.

Real talk trufax. Or whatever the kids are saying these days. I agree.

Also, how can you hate what the Olympics stand for??? :confused: It's the tradition of peaceful competition between nations all over the world. It brings together people from all over the world for something possitive. What the heck is wrong with that? :confused:

Real talk trufax. Or whatever the kids are saying these days. I agree.

Also, how can you hate what the Olympics stand for??? :confused: It's the tradition of peaceful competition between nations all over the world. It brings together people from all over the world for something possitive. What the heck is wrong with that? :confused:

Well, for starters the whole concept reinforces nationalism and patriotism, which are both incredibly stupid.

It helps increase profits of the corporations that sponsor it, such as McDonalds and Coke, who are responsible for widespread human rights abuses and ecological destruction. Oh, and there's a few arms manufacturers too.

There's the fact that everywhere the games go, it costs billions which could be better spent on public services and other things which actually help the community. There's a reason every anti-poverty group in Vancouver is opposing these Olympics. Oh, and life has been made even worse for homeless people in the runup, as the city is trying to 'clean up'. Oh, and there's the fact that the Olympics displace millions of people as well..

Here's a good list of some more Vancouver-specific ones, although most are relevant to every games.

But whatever, carry on waving your flag...

I better stop using those terms. :(

I say kids bc I feel quite out of the loop in this lingo used on the internetz these days. So therefore I refer to those who are in the know, as kids. So yes, in this aspect you are a kid my friend.

anywho, I'm not some stupid flag waving ill informed American just standing by what's been done for years etc. I do realize that the corporate sponsorship of the Olympic games is quite unfortunate and I do not agree with that aspect of the games but the very sad reality of today's world is that without corporate sponsorships of large events like this, it wouldn't really happen. Sad but true, the games needs that money in order to continue every 4 years.

And no I do not agree with the displacment of the homeless, or the fact that the land in which some of the sports venues are located happen to be that of the natives'. I also don't agree with the seal slaughter.

But I do think the ideals of the Olympics are worth a lot. And because Canada hosts this year, doesn't mean I won't support the games. I'm a fan of Canada. Many a people from that country have done a lot for the world.

I say kids bc I feel quite out of the loop in this lingo used on the internetz these days. So therefore I refer to those who are in the know, as kids. So yes, in this aspect you are a kid my friend.

anywho, I'm not some stupid flag waving ill informed American just standing by what's been done for years etc. I do realize that the corporate sponsorship of the Olympic games is quite unfortunate and I do not agree with that aspect of the games but the very sad reality of today's world is that without corporate sponsorships of large events like this, it wouldn't really happen. Sad but true, the games needs that money in order to continue every 4 years.

And no I do not agree with the displacment of the homeless, or the fact that the land in which some of the sports venues are located happen to be that of the natives'. I also don't agree with the seal slaughter.

But I do think the ideals of the Olympics are worth a lot. And because Canada hosts this year, doesn't mean I won't support the games. I'm a fan of Canada. Many a people from that country have done a lot for the world.

:clap:

Well said, Skinner. :thumb:

believe it or not, one can protest the their current Olympics, yet still like a lot about our neighbor to the north and many of its
mountie4.jpg

inhabitants :cool:

ps: I will still watch women's figure skating :horny: duh :p

Tonight = Olympics, Amstel Light & Stoeffer's Mac and Cheese cooked in the oven so the top gets crispy. :yum: AND freshly laundered sheets whisch is always awesome despite the fact the mattress sucks. (Housesitting. Temperpedic. HATE IT!)

Stolen native land? The Olympics I'm watching were opened by chiefs of the 4 first nations of the West Coast (who signed an accord to host the games). The land was only stolen in so far as all of North America was stolen by Europeans. The West Coast native bands, of course stole the land from the previous inhabitants centuries before, but never mind that.

Do you know why Vancouver has so many homeless people? Two reasons: They don't freeze to death (by which I mean jobless people from colder Canadian cities go there) and lots of free social services (like free heroin). They want to convert the athletes village to free housing! Free home, free health care, free smack. Contrast that with the athletes who have worked for years to make it to Vancouver.

Tags
no1isstoppingu tempted2respond
Back
Top Bottom