Ambitious Outsiders
Speedway
Reader Meets Author
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Paint A Vulgar Picture
Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
/Satan Rejected My Soul
/Shoplifters Of The World Unite

The second leg of the North American Maladjusted tour started on a good note. Morrissey was in top form and looked rested from the 10-day break. He was in a good mood and quite talkative. Security was very tight, and very few fans managed to make it on stage, during the encore. The ones who did had to struggle their way to Morrissey. There was no surprise in the setlist content, but two songs were played as encores. Still, only 13 songs were performed in total, which is still quite short by Morrissey standards.

Morrissey greeted his audience with "Phoenix, hello!" before going into set opener "The Boy Racer". He was probably making a reference to the fact that the show was being held at a fair when he said after that song "We're the side attraction and... we come from England". After "Sunny", which was unreleased in the USA, he said "I suppose at least four of you have heard that song? Oh five...". After "Reader Meet Author" he asked someone into the crowd "Where did you get your t-shirt? Where did you buy? Yeah, where? What? Down here... ?" and motioned to hand him the t-shirt, to which the fan obliged. Morrissey tucked the shirt into his back pocket where it stayed througout the following song, "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get". In the latter number Morrissey just thanked his audience with the words "God bless you..."

Coming back for the encore, he mentioned his newest album "Maladjusted" and introduced the following number, "Satan Rejected My Soul" as "...a song from it". In it he made the occasional change "he knows heaven's never gonna be my home". After that he said "Thanks you, you've been sweet!" then went into a second encore, for the first time in 1997. Halfway into the final song, "Shoplifters Of The World Unite", Morrissey helped a few fans up on stage. After they hugging their idol, security pulled the fans away from Morrissey but one managed to escape and run back to him. In the melée, Morrissey removed his shirt and threw it into the audience. He was then sprayed with water by someone in the front rows. After a brief moment of surprise, he stuck his tongue out for it and then teasingly pulled his underwear above the waist of his trousers.

BOOTLEGS

The full concert was recorded on video and is somewhat limitedly circulated on bootleg videos and DVDs. The clear and steady filming was done from the right balcony, quite a distance from the stage, but the author managed to zoom in regularly on Morrissey and his musicians.

An audio-only audience recording of the full set is circulated on bootlegs and on the internet. Its sound quality is below average. It is different from the video recording.

Info from the passions just like mine site

Thanks, drifter!

Back
Top Bottom