“It was dangerous sex (…)”: KrisTeen Young talks about her first meeting with Morrissey

An anonymous person sends the link:

“It was dangerous sex (…)”: KrisTeen Young talks about her first meeting with Morrissey - Blog do Marcelo Fialho

One day before the first concert of Morrissey South America Tour ´13, we´ve interviewed his opening act, Kristeen Young, about her upcoming album with Dave Grohl, meeting Morrissey and a lot more…

Excerpt:

*How was your first contact with Morrissey music? And your first meeting ?
It was dangerous sex, the meaning of life, and the best chocolate cake I’ve ever had. (same answer for both questions)

*What can you tell about your participation in “That´s How People Grow Up” ? Was this song composed thinking about your voice, or did you choose in a demo which one would you like to put vocals in ?
Morrissey brought me in pretty much after everything had been recorded. I didn’t choose the song. He chose ME for the song. He asked me to sing something operatic at the beginning. And that’s really all the direction I got. I remember at one point….during a break….he left the control room and came into the room where I had been singing. I was lying on the floor and he went over to the piano and started playing a tune. It was really soothing and I felt like that was a moment where we really bonded ….for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify for those of you who apparently can't (or don't wish) to read things properly: the question put to Kristeen concerned her contact with "Morrissey music." That's "music," not penis. Besides the fact that she was probably just trying to be clever (as others have already pointed out), and the answer very likely doesn't refer to any actual sexual encounter, even if it does refer to a sexual encounter, it could just as easily be a case of having dangerous sex with someone else while listening to Morrissey's music. God knows at least a few of us have done that, haven't we?

Did you ever consider that Morrissey lies? It wouldn't be the first time...
It probably wasn't really so much a lie, he just maybe picked up a couple things along the way but not really sticked to it, or sinse he has said that he doesn't he learned to play the piano.

I'm pretty sure you could cut the sexual chemistry with a knife if you caught these guys in a room together...

Morrissey1.jpg

True...

Ummm, to the person that can't read and said that the question was about"Morrissey's music", you should definitely read the question again. there were 2 questions. Which means many of the previous comments were spot on.

Ummm, to the person that can't read and said that the question was about"Morrissey's music", you should definitely read the question again. there were 2 questions. Which means many of the previous comments were spot on.

Ever heard of a metaphor?

YUP. heard of metaphors. Ever heard of tours being canceled?

No where in this interview did KY say she's sleeping with Morrissey! Yet, this seems to be everyone' s takeaway.

The" dangerous sex" Comment was a metaphor, albeit a clumsy one. I don't think it would offend Morrissey, it was clearly a compliment.

I do think that she likes the idea of us fans wondering are they, aren't they. It gets people talking about her.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I remember that interview. She was talking about recording Sweetie Pie, and she did say he wasn't there.

You can't expect the half brain holders here to comprehend a metaphor. I don't think it was a clumsy one either.

- marred.

You can't expect the half brain holders here to comprehend a metaphor. I don't think it was a clumsy one either.

- marred.

We get the metaphor. But it doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to deduce that in the long run it's intentions were sinister. It's a thought that will stick NOT as subtle metaphor, but as FACT, that's how media works and she knows this. She takes a lot of liberties with the persona he's delicately sculpted for years because it suits her image as being the seductress.

We get the metaphor. But it doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to deduce that in the long run it's intentions were sinister. It's a thought that will stick NOT as subtle metaphor, but as FACT, that's how media works and she knows this. She takes a lot of liberties with the persona he's delicately sculpted for years because it suits her image as being the seductress.

I think you're reading WAY too much into this...

History dictates that Morrissey is villianized for making an off-the-cuff remark on stage that is taken out of context and forever true in the minds of the casual fan. Now Kristeen gets capitalize on that trend and forever be the woman who had dangerous sex with Morrissey. That's how spin works. You guys still crack cunnilingus jokes like it happened. Now she's the "dangerous sex" girl. She won. He chose HER. (Her emphasis.) She knows what she's doing.

History dictates that Morrissey is villianized for making an off-the-cuff remark on stage that is taken out of context and forever true in the minds of the casual fan. Now Kristeen gets capitalize on that trend and forever be the woman who had dangerous sex with Morrissey. That's how spin works. You guys still crack cunnilingus jokes like it happened. Now she's the "dangerous sex" girl. She won. He chose HER. (Her emphasis.) She knows what she's doing.

And is what she's doing (what she has now done) aborting the tour? Could she really be so stupid?

And is what she's doing (what she has now done) aborting the tour? Could she really be so stupid?

Well, I dunno. I was under the impression she's just an employee that doesn't exactly call the shots even though she alludes to it. I think she just tries to get away with stuff. I do think she got an earfull at some point, she never posted a link to the interview and she usually loves the press junket thing. And she switched her facebook pic from fun and frumpy to glorious and CALL ME BEAUTIFUL so I think maybe she knows she f***ed up. I made a verbal diarrhea joke but I'm not sure this cancellation is exactly related. :squiffy: Wouldn't he just fire her if it was her fault? There's also the possibility what she said is true, but she might've f***ed up in that she bragged about it instead of keeping it a secret. But my gut tells me there's more to the cancellation than KY being stupid.

Last edited:

Waaaaah! Why didn't Morrissey choose me!?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?
crying-baby.jpg

I was under the impression she's just an employee that doesn't exactly call the shots even though she alludes to it. I think she just tries to get away with stuff. I do think she got an earfull at some point, she never posted a link to the interview and she usually loves the press junket thing. And she switched her facebook pic from fun and frumpy to glorious and CALL ME BEAUTIFUL so I think maybe she knows she f***ed up. I made a verbal diarrhea joke but I'm not sure this cancellation is exactly related. :squiffy: Wouldn't he just fire her if it was her fault? There's also the possibility what she said is true, but she might've f***ed up in that she bragged about it instead of keeping it a secret. But my gut tells me there's more to the cancellation than KY being stupid.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom