‘Pigsty’ has won the downloading vote (please read)

Okay the poll has ended and the results are as follows:

Life is a Pigsty - 29.10%
National front disco - 24.18%
Meat is Murder - 16.80%

See full results
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=67169&page=4

We only had 244 votes. Obviously this isn’t going to be enough downloads to get Moz into the charts.

I have contacted and left comments on most of the Moz/Smiths related livejournals, on Pretty Petty thieves (moz web site) smithstorrents, and a few kind people here have left comments on Morrissey’s myspace page.

A few people have suggested that if we chose ‘Meat is Murder’ then we could try and get Peta and the Vegetarian society involved.

Do you think this will give us a better chance of achieving our goal or do you want to go with the poll winner ‘Life is a pigsty’ and spend the next week trying to spread the word and getting as many people involved as possible. It did win the poll fair and square after all.

I would appreciate your opinion on this.

Can I just ask that when making you comments please try to put aside which song you voted for or which song you like best. Try to base you choice on which song you think has the better chance of getting into the charts.

Also I was thinking we could start the downloading on Monday 29th January and continue it through to the 3rd February. That would give us all of next week to let people know the chosen song and the date that the download will take place. This should give everyone enough time to prepare fOR it.

Do you all agree with this or do you think we should do it earlier or later?

Have you read the first post carefully?:rolleyes:

Look, Its Not Much To Ask, And I Have Asked Twice.

When Is This .... Happening!!!!!!!

Read back a few comments.

If you sign up to the website today or tomorrow (not sure which day it will be available) then when a date is decided you will be e-mailed.

Website link
http://www.getmozinthecharts.vze.com/

Just want to throw some ideas that may help things for whoever is leading this campaign.

- Have you tried contacting any high-profile figures who are Morrissey fans? Jeremy Vine and Russel Brand were the people in my head...just to see if they are able to do anything about it....

- A my space site? And how about sending the link about the campaign to everyone who leaves a comment on morrisseys myspace? Just a link a brief description about whats happening - it may be constituted as spam however I don't think any of them will be bothered about it.

Of course I'm lazy and don't want to do anything to take it away from the 'organisers'...

Just want to throw some ideas that may help things for whoever is leading this campaign.

- Have you tried contacting any high-profile figures who are Morrissey fans? Jeremy Vine and Russel Brand were the people in my head...just to see if they are able to do anything about it....

- A my space site? And how about sending the link about the campaign to everyone who leaves a comment on morrisseys myspace? Just a link a brief description about whats happening - it may be constituted as spam however I don't think any of them will be bothered about it.

Of course I'm lazy and don't want to do anything to take it away from the 'organisers'...

I will post it on a Russell brand Fansite thingy.

Last edited:
Getting Russell Brand involved would be a great idea, he would most certainly plug the idea I think, and has the power to do so in a much larger media.

Getting Russell Brand involved would be a great idea, he would most certainly plug the idea I think, and has the power to do so in a much larger media.

My worry is that if it gets plugged in a much larger media; then every Tom, Dick and Harry's fans will attempt it.

Both good ideas, thanks :)

I think Albion is going to contact Russle Brand but I'm not too clued up on myspace so if anyone would like to do this then that would be a great help.

Has the date been decided yet? Will it be this forthcoming week or the week beginning on the 5th of February?

No it hasn't been decided yet. The plan was to wait until a certain amount of people sign up to the website then e-mail everyone with the date. And obviously we'll post the date here and other places to inform people you haven't signed up to the site.

No it hasn't been decided yet. The plan was to wait until a certain amount of people sign up to the website then e-mail everyone with the date. And obviously we'll post the date here and other places to inform people you haven't signed up to the site.

Cool, ive sent a message to Russell Brand through myspace and posted a thread about the campaign on his fansite forum: http://www.russellbrandfansite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2723

Last edited:
And I'm sure Russell will be only too happy to help.

Re: ‘Pigsty’ has won the downloading vote (please read)

hey guys I did a bit of HTML that you can post on personal networking sites like myspace to drum up a bit of support!

HTML:
<center><b><font size="4">What We Want</font> 

We're calling all Morrissey fans nationwide to download Life Is A Pigsty into the UK singles charts.

A week will be set (in the near future) where we will ask as many people as possible to download the track.

To keep yourself up-to-date please sign up to our mailing list and we will send you the information as it materialises. You can also follow the story as it happens at the Morrissey-Solo Forum. Please don't forget to join the mailing list so that we get a good idea of how many people are willing to download Morrissey into the charts.

All we ask is for you to spend 79p to get Morrissey into the charts.

please copy this Bulletin and repost as a new Bulletin to spread the word!<p><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q_285kKwF3Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q_285kKwF3Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I'm not trying to belittle Mike Joyce's contribution to the Smiths; it's just that this court case/royalties thing is as yet an unhealed wound and we don't know how much it would worry Morrissey.

*re-reads* Lol! I think I'm turning into Morrissey's mum! :D

I think this whole downloading idea is a waste of time and money, but whatever turns you guys on is no skin off my back.

But who gives a shit if Morrissey is worried about royalties to Joyce? The guy should pay Joyce what he owes him and quit whining about it, and his celebrity-worshpping fans should quit acting like Morrissey was a victim in that case. He wasn't, and he's been lying in interviews about what took place in court ever since.

This sounds a little like the effort to get the Canucks' journeyman Rory Fitzpatrick into the NHL All-Star game just for the f*** of it, even though he didn't earn it and even though he was injured this season.

But if you're gonna do this, obviously you should've selected the song "Maladjusted," from Morrissey's most neglected album. Because it would be funny if the maladjusted for in the charts.

Or, "Now I Am A Was," which is so obscure it would really make heads turn (and some of the people taking part might not even have the song, so it would be worth it to buy it), and also because by getting it on the chart it would show he is not a was. Or something, I dunno. Seems you guys kind of randomly selected a song without trying to find any extra-meaning to give this statement a little extra punch, that's all I'm saying.

hi Tbevie,
I tried to get on your mailing list yesterday & this morning but it's not working.

love

Grim

thicko
1st you are telling us it's a waste of time & money (so therefore you ain't going to even try to help), then you tell us what song we should try to chart Moz with. I don't think your medication is the correct dosage, please go see your G.P. 17 minutes it took you to disagree with yourself, is that a record?

Grim

Back
Top Bottom